Epicure at Taronga Zoo(3 Reviews) ·
Bradleys Head Road, Mosman, New South Wales, 2088, Australia
Epicure at Taronga Zoo Sydney Events
It’s not every venue that allows you to get up close and personal with big cats pre-dinner; enjoy uninterrupted views of the sun setting over the top of Sydney’s skyline; party with the iconic Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge in the background; and sleep the night off in a luxury glamping tent surrounded by natural bushland. But Epicure at Taronga Zoo is no ordinary venue.
Nestled in Sydney Harbour National Park, this alternative event venue is truly unique, with a variety of small and large function spaces (everything from a grand ballroom to a stunning rooftop, and large informal lawn areas) and of course, the chance to spend time with guests of the animal variety.
With catering from award-winning Epicure who offers ethically-responsible catering, experienced teams and state-of-the-art modern technology, this venue has it all.
Whether you’re looking to host a business meeting with a difference, throw a large party or say your vows in a spectacular way, Epicure at Taronga Zoo is the unique event venue that goes beyond all expectations.
Highlights of Epicure at Taronga Zoo Sydney Events:
- Stunning Sydney Harbour location
- Unique wildlife experiences
- 12-minute ferry ride from Sydney CBD
- Variety of spaces for small and large events
- Luxury on-site safari-style accommodation
- 62-room eco-suite Wildlife Retreat
Spaces At This Venue
The largest indoor function space, the Dalang Ballroom has capacity for up to 300 cocktail style, or 250 banquet-style with a dancefloor. This contemporary space has floor-to-ceiling windows that look out to the harbour and city skyline, with a neutral colour palette inside that is a true blank canvas.
The Bird Amphitheatre
360-degree views of Sydney Harbour and the city skyline are on full display from this gorgeous lawn that's just 10 minutes' walk from the entrance to Taronga Zoo.
N’galawa Terrace sits above the ballroom and has capacity for up to 200. The panoramic views create a stunning backdrop, with a private bar, room partitions and internal sound system that makes this a versatile room for any event.
The Gili Rooftop overlooks the harbour and skyline and is particularly impressive at night.
The View Restaurant can be hired exclusively for events. This contemporary space has large windows that open onto a private balcony, as well as a private bar and an internal sound system.
For informal events, consider the Taronga Piazza or Taronga Food Market. The Piazza lies just inside the elaborate front entrance and can host up to 250 guests, while the large Food Market, with space for up to 400, is an impressive space overlooking the Thai elephant enclosure.
Outdoor events don’t get much better than the lawn areas at Epicure at Taronga Zoo. Set up a marquee at Concert Lawns, Condor Lawns or Soden Lawns for a barbecue or family function with backdrops of the harbour.
Epicure at Taronga Zoo Sydney Catering
Food comes from award-winning caterers Epicure, whose chefs create inspiring menus using worldwide flavours, the latest food trends, and seasonal, sustainable, locally-sourced produce. Whatever your needs at this alternative events venue, the team can create informal snacks or barbecues, right through to fine dining. Halal options are available, as are Kosher meals at an additional charge.
Highlights of Catering at Epicure at Taronga Zoo Sydney:
- Locally sourced produce
- Australian and New Zealand wines, and local beers
- Award-winning caterers, Epicure
- Large choice of menus
- Ethically responsible catering
- Hiramasa King Fish & Tasmanian Salmon Passion Fruit Ceviche Cubes; Compressed cucumber, salmon roe, wasabi & avocado emulsion (GF)
- Braised Fremantle Octopus Heirloom Tomatoes; Smoked carrot puree, puffed black rice, petite herbs salad, mandarin infused olive oil (GF)
- Beetroot & Gin Cured Tasmanian salmon; Roasted beetroot crostini, beetroot emulsion, crème fraiche
- Coconut Poached Free Range Chicken; Apple, celeriac, compressed watermelon in verjuice, avocado mayonnaise, crispy filo pastry
- Slow Cooked Beef Brisket Agnolotti; Sunchoke, smoked semi-dried tomato sauce, pecorino cheese
- Sumac Spiced Beetroot and Mushrooms (V); Caramelized figs, whipped goats cheese, petite herb salad
- Chicken Pumpkin Kale & Mushroom Ballotine; Pomme puree, dutch carrots, thyme jus
- Coral Coast barramundi; Corn puree, prawn stuffed pumpkin flower, mushroom & corn salsa, parsley oil
- Pan-Seared Tasmanian salmon; Potato and spinach galette, kale, creamy black garlic and Dijon sauce
- Dukkah Crusted Lamb Rump; Honey glazed Dutch carrots, Queensland pumpkin puree, petit pois, red wine jus (GF)
- NSW Grilled Beef Eye Fillet & Parmesan Crusted Potato Pave; Asparagus & green pea puree, roasted mushrooms, petite snow pea tendril salad, red wine jus
- Pumpkin and Ricotta Gnocchi, Smoked tomato sugo, broccoli pesto, sage (V)
- Banana, Apricot & Coffee Crémeux; Chocolate ice cream, fruit coulis
- Chocolate Passion Tower; Valrhona Chocolate Mousse in Chocolate Cup, Brownie Crumble, Matcha Tea Ice Cream
- Chocolate praline tart; Spiced vanilla ice cream, roasted hazelnuts
- Tiramisu Goutte Teardrop; Chantilly cream, biscotti
- Individual Cheese Plate
- Selection of Australian artisan cheddar, blue and triple cream, quince paste, crackers, fresh grapes
Menu Cost Per HeadFrom 175Download Packages
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
- The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
- Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
- Sir Stamford at Circular Quay
- Aria Restaurant Sydney
- Quay Restaurant
- Sydney Cove Oyster Bar
- The Dining Room
- Sydney Harbour National Park
- Balmoral Park
- Hickson Road Reserve
- Bradfield Park
- WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo
- Bradleys Head to Chowder Bay walk
- Madame Tussauds Sydney
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
Highly recommended! Beautiful venue with a breathtaking view. Great food and excellent service from the wait staff - everything ran so smoothly. All this couldn't have happened without Nichole and Kylie's hard work. They are a pleasure to work with - you can rest easy with them coordinating your reception!
Sherman L ·
Taronga Centre was the perfect venue for us. The top to bottom full glass window views from the room were a stunning iconic Sydney backdrop. We absolute loved our photo & video shoot in the zoo! Was so much fun! We also loved working with Kylie & Nichole. They are very experienced and have been very helpful responsive throughout the entire process from beginning till end. Even when we were still considering they gave us time and space to do this. They’ve been flexible and easygoing, and they’ve gone above and beyond to help us with our wedding. This assured us that everything was in great hands and we didn’t have to worry about anything. Thank you so so much ladies for your wonderful assistance!
Marlous T ·
The best view in Sydney! We had both our ceremony and reception at Taronga and could not have asked for a better venue. Although we had to change our ceremony location from outside to inside, it worked out perfectly. Their new rooftop room is the perfect ceremony location. The ceremony and reception were absolutely perfect.
Adelle B ·
Frequently Asked Questions
Weddings at Epicure at Taronga Zoo range in pricing, but generally start from around $175 per person.
Ceremony hire starts from around $3,000.
Most winter weddings and Friday weddings are extended a 10% discount off the Gold, Platinum and Diamond Wedding Packages.
For more information on wedding pricing, packages and inclusions, download a Taronga Zoo wedding brochure here.
Weddings and events venues at Epicure at Taronga Zoo have a variety of capacities. The largest of the indoor venues can host up to 300 guests while standing outdoor events can host up to 3,000.
Weddings at Epicure at Taronga Zoo can end at 12am.
Weddings at Epicure at Taronga Zoo are truly special. Each event space – large or small – is immersed in nature and has sweeping views of the zoo, Sydney Harbour and city skyline. Couples and guests can get up close to the wildlife and nature and will love the ethically sourced menus from award-winning caterers Epicure.
Yes, Epicure at Taronga Zoo can host corporate functions. State-of-the-art AV technology is available for presentations, workshops, and seminars.
For information on corporate event packages and pricing, download a Taronga Zoo events brochure here.
Taronga Zoo has its own on-site accommodation, the Wildlife Retreat, starting at $456 per adult per night. Other hotels nearby include:
- Cremorne Point Manor, from $74 per night
- Carnarvon Lodge Kirribilli, from $71 per night
Yes, parking is available at Taronga Zoo at a flat day rate of $19.
Food at Epicure at Taronga Zoo events comes from award-winning caterers Epicure who use locally-sourced, seasonal produce to create dishes inspired by worldwide flavours. Depending on the event, the team can create informal menus, canapes, and formal fine dining. Halal and Kosher options available on request.
No, all event catering is in-house.
Stephanie Harrison is our lead Sydney Venue Specialist. Steph's worked in event management since 2013 and has a wealth of knowledge about the best party spots, wedding venues and conference sites in Sydney. She's a trained wine connoisseur and loves to share her favourite dining recommendations around town.
Download our Wedding Packages & Pricing
Get information about our package options, pricing, facilities and much more!
Pier One Sydney
Sydney, New South Wales, 2000
Located on its own Sydney Harbour pier, Pier One Hotel Walsh Bay offers event venues that include a beautiful modern restaurant, an open-air perspex marquee and interior event spaces with window walls.
Zest Beachouse at Point Piper
Point Piper, New South Wales, 2027
Waterfront views, spectacular dining experiences and a lively ambience are the 3 things you can count on for any event at Beachouse at Point Piper.
Sergeants’ Mess Sydney
Mosman, New South Wales, 2088
Sergeants’ Mess is a waterfront function and event venue in Sydney’s North Shore Chowder Bay precinct. It's the perfect place for hosting weddings, social events and corporate parties alike.
Botanic House Sydney
Sydney, New South Wales, 2000
Botanic House Sydney is located in the heart of the Royal Botanic Gardens and offers two floors of modern restaurant space within which you can host a sophisticated party or function in the gardens.
Zest Waterfront Venues Boathouse at The Spit
Mosman, New South Wales, 2088
The Boathouse at the Spit is a Mosman event venue that combines unbeatable waterfront views and the very best in culinary excellence.