The Plaza Ballroom Melbourne
(3 Reviews) Visit Website
191, Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000, Australia
The Plaza Ballroom Melbourne Events
The Plaza Ballroom is situated within Melbourne’s iconic Regent Theatre on Collins Street, home to some of the biggest shows in the city’s entertainment calendar. With its central Melbourne location and recognisable street frontage, the Plaza Ballroom is a unique and memorable wedding and events venue that is sure to impress your guests.
A meticulously restored ballroom that dates back to 1929, there’s an unparalleled sense of magic and wonder upon entering the venue. Stepping through the front doors, you and your guests will be swept away by the opulence in every detail. Featuring elaborate Spanish Rococo architecture, a grand staircase entry, and glittering chandeliers mounted on the soaring ceiling, it’s easy to feel as though you’ve stepped back in time (without sacrificing the comforts of a modern venue).
The Plaza Ballroom is renowned for its award-winning catering, helmed by Executive Chef (and industry legend) David Ricardo. The culinary team creates innovative and unique dishes that treat all the senses and champion locally sourced sustainable produce. You and your guests will experience 5-star quality cuisine that is flexible and adapted to your needs (cultural requirements, dietary restrictions, or personal preferences).
Under the umbrella of the prestigious Marriner Group, the Plaza Ballroom is one of Melbourne’s most exclusive weddings and events venues. Perfect for guest lists of up to 400+, the Plaza Ballroom is ideal for large-scale events that require exquisite food, state-of-the-art AV equipment, and an elite events team.
Highlights of The Plaza Ballroom Melbourne Events:
- Historic Melbourne ballroom
- Bespoke modern catering
- Central CBD location
Spaces At This Venue
A grand space featuring Spanish Rococo architecture, the ballroom is perfect for opulent events. With room for a dancefloor, soaring ceilings with AV rigs, and a proscenium arch stage, this venue is ideal for show-stopping events.
The Plaza Ballroom Melbourne Catering
The culinary team at the Plaza Ballroom is helmed by industry legend David Ricardo. With more than 20 years of experience heading restaurants in Melbourne and Hong Kong, David has previously won two chef’s hats at Pearl Restaurant & Bar.
The menus at the Plaza Ballroom are very flexible, open to special requests for international cuisines, dietary requirements, and personal preferences. They use sustainable, locally sourced produce to create delicious and innovative dishes.
Highlights of Catering at The Plaza Ballroom Melbourne:
- Led by executive chef David Ricardo
- Locally-sourced, seasonal produce
- Flexible and innovative menus
- Cured Spencer Gulf hiramasa kingfish with coconut gel, freeze dried mandarin, herbs and flowers (gf, df, nf)
- Roasted pork belly satay with cucumber and radish pickle and chilli salt (gf, df)
- Green pea and spinach risotto with lemon, fried morcilla and crisp artichoke (gf, nf)
- Corn fed chicken with smoked potato and garlic puree, pea and horseradish sauce, garlic chips and chicken skin crumbs (gf)
- Slow braised beef cheek with onion soubise, glazed shallot and smoked leek, onion ash (gf, nf)
- Seared King Ora salmon with toasted bagel consommé and grilled lettuce, chive oil, crème fraiche and salmon caviar (nf)
- Vanilla scented crème caramel with poached apple and rhubarb, figs and cider compressed granny smith apple (gf, nf)
- Pistachio marzipan, ricotta and preserved fruit cassata with milk and dark chocolate whipped ganache and snow sugar
- Sweet spiced tiramisu with crisp chocolate pearls and crunchy gingerbread biscuits (nf)
Just the most unbelievable service I have ever received, incredibly organized, stunning venue, they will treat you like A list celebrities. I cannot stress enough how perfect this venue was.
Nishvanna A ·
They were absolutely incredible and helped me with everything. It was stress free the whole way through and they had great communication. The venue is beautiful and there is nothing like it!
Rebecca T ·
The Plaza ballroom is spectacular, with beautiful decor and royal colours! Booking with this venue and organising our day was such an easy task and we were assisted every step of the way! The staff, food, production and the venue itself was spot on on the day itself and we couldnt be happier about the service! our guests were pleased and we enjoyed the day!
Narmatha Y ·
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You don’t have to worry about your guests not finding the venue. The Regent Theatre signage acts as a beacon, guiding your guests to the Plaza Ballroom. The venue is accessible via ramps.
Innovative and bespoke, featuring seasonal local produce. An executive chef is responsible for designing gourmet meals inspired by international cuisines.
Clients, guests, and suppliers can access preferred car parking at some nearby Wilsons secure car parking. Your Park Ballroom events coordinator will advise you further.
- Westin Melbourne, rooms from $305 per night.
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne, rooms from $243 per night.
- Adelphi Hotel, rooms from $281 per night.
Yes. The minimum spend for dinners is assessed depending on guest numbers.
Old-school luxury with modern amenities. Expect grand chandeliers, Spanish Rococo architecture, and 5-star service.
Midnight, and extensions may be granted upon request. The venue is licensed until 1am.
150-400+ guests depending on seating style.
- January 2022 – Minimum of 150 adult guests for a Fri/Sat/Sun – special package price with inclusions $195pp
- February 2022 – Minimum of 200 adult guests for a Saturday – from $188pp for food & bev (5.5hr). February – Minimum of 150 adult guests for a Fri/Sun
- March 2022 through to September – Minimum of 250 adult guests for a Saturday – from $188pp for food & bev (5.5hr). March 2022 through to September – Minimum of 200 adult guests for a Fri/Sun
The Summer Wedding Package starts at $192pp for min. 150 guests.
Minimum spends are determined based on date.
Amelia Scatigno is our lovely Melbourne event and wedding expert. She's been in the industry since 2015 and absolutely loves the entertainment components of events, whether that's live drummers and dancers or a big fireworks show at the end of the night.
Download our Wedding Packages & Pricing
Get information about our package options, pricing, facilities and much more!
Park Hyatt Melbourne
Melbourne, Victoria, 3002
Centrally located Park Hyatt Melbourne is an elegant 5-star hotel with plush function spaces that are suitable for both intimate events and grand occasions.
From $3000 Minimum Spend