The Terrace Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne(3 Reviews) ·
Anderson Street, South Yarra, Victoria, 3141, Australia
The Terrace Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne Events
Visitors from all over the world make a point of visiting the Royal Botanic Gardens. With its manicured lawns, lovingly maintained flora, and winding paths, these gardens make the ideal location for weddings, corporate events, and social gatherings.
Nestled within the gardens is The Terrace, an adaptable event space that is just minutes away from the bustling Melbourne CBD. But the busy city life won’t infringe on your enjoyment of the sprawling gardens; at The Terrace, you’re organically immersed within nature.
Floor-to-ceiling windows open onto the grand terrace where guests can look out at the serene Ornamental Lake.
Highlights of The Terrace Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne Events:
- Set in the iconic Royal Botanic Gardens
- Flexible, modern event space with open-air feel
- Prime Melbourne location, close to public transport
Spaces At This Venue
Exclusive Venue Hire
The Terrace can be exclusively hired for all event types and include both indoor and outdoor access.
The Terrace Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne Catering
Inhouse catering is provided at The Terrace, with an Executive Chef overseeing the entire menu and using high-quality ingredients that champion local produce. Depending on whether you’re opting for a seated multi-course lunch or dinner, or you’re serving canapes in a cocktail-style event, the team has got you covered.
Got a special request for cuisine? The chefs are highly skilled in creating a wide variety of cultural and traditional dishes from Asian, Indian, and Mediterranean regions.
Alternatively, external caterers can be brought in. The Terraces advises that approval will need to be sought for external vendors.
Highlights of Catering at The Terrace Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne:
- Complimentary menu tasting
- International cuisines catered for
- Personalised menus prepared by an Executive Chef
- Cocktail and seated menus
- Crispy skinned duck, vanilla parsnip puree, beetroot and walnut mash, pickled grapes and cherry jus (GF)
- Pistachio crusted lamb loin, feta and pepper dew polenta cake, mashed minted peas and port wine glaze (GF)
- Pan seared King salmon, avocado puree, wasabi aioli, edamame salad, puffed black rice and furikake (GF)
- Free range chicken breast, roasted pumpkin puree, chorizo crumb, broad bean salad, crispy artichokes and rosemary jus (GF)
- Slow braised beef cheeks, Jerusalem artichokes, caramelized onion jam, crispy kale, pickled mushroom and bordelaise (GF)
- Hapuku, glass fennel and onion salad, potato cake, spinach puree with beurre blanc (GF)
- Lime and coconut cheesecake, silky coconut cheesecake with lime fruit gel (GF)
- Lemon meringue tart, buttery shortbread base with creamy lemon curd and Italian meringue (GF)
- Rich chocolate cheesecake, swirls of hazelnut praline and honey, ganache and toffee (GF)
- Punting on the Lake
- Royal Botanic Gardens
- Yarra River
- Olympic Park
- Gilson South Yarra
- Botanical Hotel
- Matilda 159 Domain
- Entrecote Parisian Steakhouse
- Royce Hotel
- Seasons Botanic Gardens
- Quest Apartments
- Bayview Eden Melbourne
Right from the our very first enquiry, we have had exceptional service from everybody at The Terrace. We appreciated the flexibility that was offered to help us achieve our vision. Everything seemed to run so smoothly and nothing was too much effort for the staff. The food was exceptional!
Alexandra W ·
The venue was beautiful and the food was amazing. The communication was really great. We were able to go in and set things up a few days before the wedding which we found really helpful. There were lots of different options on how we could set up the room which was great.
Stephanie J ·
A huge Thanks to Emily and team for the excellent service. Everything was absolutely beautiful, scenery, food, service, friendliness.. Emily is a true professional, helpful, friendly, organised, positive, accommodating and with a "can-do" attitude that made the night special. A huge Thanks once again. We have had lots of compliments.
Jess & Phil A ·
Frequently Asked Questions
Wedding pricing ranges between $140-185 per person with a minimum spend that’s based on the date.
The Terrace allows for a maximum of 300 people in a cocktail arrangement, 200 people for seated dinners, or 160 when accommodating for a dancefloor. If rain interrupts your outdoor ceremony with Blake’s Feast, approximately 100 people can be accommodated in the indoor backup location.
The Terrace is licensed until 11:30pm.
Surrounded by nature, with an abundance of natural light. The exclusive venue hire allows for a relaxed and intimate atmosphere.
Yes! With in-house AV equipment and WiFi, The Terrace is perfect for corporate events and functions from meetings, planning sessions, presentations, or galas.
Close to the CBD, there are plenty of hotels near The Terrace. There is a 10% discount off Quest Apartments bookings for weddings at The Terrace.
- Quest Apartments, rooms starting from $160 per night (before discount)
- Mantra on Jolimont Melbourne, rooms starting from $109 per night
- Season Botanic Gardens, rooms starting from $139 per night
Street parking is your best option for The Terrace. Parking is free on weekends and after 6.30pm weekdays.
The inhouse Executive Chef creates personalised menus that incorporate Indian, Asian, and Mediterranean cuisines using premium ingredients and producer. Dietary requests can be catered for.
A security guard is available for events, priced at $435.
Amelia Scatigno is our lovely Melbourne event and wedding expert. She's been in the industry since 2015 and absolutely loves the entertainment components of events, whether that's live drummers and dancers or a big fireworks show at the end of the night.
Download our Wedding Packages & Pricing
Get information about our package options, pricing, facilities and much more!
Leonda by the Yarra
Hawthorn, Victoria, 3122
Set on the riverfront in leafy Hawthorn, Leonda by the Yarra blends luxury ambience, bush views and top-notch hospitality for events of all types.
Park Hyatt Melbourne
Melbourne, Victoria, 3002
Centrally located Park Hyatt Melbourne is an elegant 5-star hotel with plush function spaces that are suitable for both intimate events and grand occasions.
From $3000 Minimum Spend