Popular Engagement Party Venues London
Did someone pop the question? Congrats! The euphoria is real! If you’re celebrating ‘yes’ with an engagement party, you’ll want your London friends and family to experience the same loved-up feels. There are tonnes of stunning engagement party venues in London whether you’re set on 5-star opulence or something quirky, classic or low-key. Whichever it is, contact our VenueCrew to match your mood with their fave engagement party venues this sprightly city has to offer.
113 Chancery Lane113 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1PL 5.0
In the heart of central London, 113 Chancery Lane is an elegant, sophisticated, and grand 19th-century event venue.
- Exquisitely decorated with stained glass windows and original candle chandeliers
- Exclusive use of the grade II listed Georgian building for your wedding day
- Outstanding catering provided by CH&CO Venues
116 Pall Mall116 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5ED 5.0
Five floors of exquisite event venues await at 116 Pall Mall in central London. Here, you can host a party in what feels like your own private museum.
- One of London’s most prestigious locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions
- Renowned for its opulent decor, period charm and first-class service
- Georgian venue dating back to the early 1820s with unique period features
Balfour St Barts66 West Smithfield, London, EC1A 9DY 5.0
Overlooking Smithfield Market, Balfour St Barts is a cool all-day bar and industrial event venue with both private and semi-private hire options.
- Unique London wedding reception venue with urban charm and industrial style
- Indoor and outdoor event spaces to choose from
- Located in the heart of the city overlooking St Paul’s Cathedral
Banqueting House LondonWhitehall, London, SW1A 2ER 5.0
17th-century murals decorate the ceilings overhead at Banqueting House, an iconic London event venue with all the trimmings of a royal dining hall.
- Truly spectacular venue in London with capacity for 500 guests
- Licensed for civil ceremonies in the stunning Main Hall and Undercroft
- Afternoon and evening hire available
Belair House5 Gallery Road, London, SE21 7AB 5.0
Belair House is a grand Georgian manse surrounded by gardens and parkland — perfect for any event that spans both indoors and out.
- Traditional manor house wedding venue surrounded by gardens and parkland
- Fully licensed for civil wedding ceremonies in the first-floor ballroom
- Convenient location on the edge of London in peaceful Dulwich
Butchers’ Hall London87 Bartholomew Close, London, EC1A 7EB 5.0
Butchers’ Hall London is an elegant and traditional livery hall venue that’s available for private functions, weddings, and meetings in the heart of the city.
- Historic livery hall with five versatile event spaces
- Spectacular Great Hall with opulent interiors
- Impressive rooftop garden terrace overlooking Central London
Century Club London61-63 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 6LQ 5.0
Century Club is home to Soho's largest rooftop event space, a lively open-plan terrace with dangling greenery, a retractable roof and big city views.
- Exclusive private members club for civil ceremonies and chic wedding receptions
- Four floors of event spaces, including a large rooftop terrace
- Exquisite interior and decor including exposed brickwork and floor-to-ceiling windows
Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch335-337 Old Street, London, EC1V 9LL 5.0
Set in the arts hub of Shoreditch, Courthouse Hotel is a luxury 5-star hotel that hosts glamorous weddings and events in its cool, modern event space.
- Sought-after destination for romantic and glamorous weddings in London
- Expansive open-air sky terrace with spectacular London views
- Located in the artistic epicentre of Central London
Cutty SarkKing William Walk, London, SE10 9HT 5.0
The only place in the world where events can be held under the hull of a ship, Cutty Sark Greenwich is a maritime event venue that's full of surprises.
- One of London's most striking wedding venues
- Stunning location in the Maritime Greenwich UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Four elegant event spaces of varying sizes with two rooms licensed for civil ceremonies
Dartmouth House37 Charles Street, London, W1J 5ED 5.0
At Dartmouth House, a grand marble staircase and a stone courtyard are just a couple of the remarkable 18th-century features of the Mayfair Townhouse.
- Grade II heritage-listed Georgian house venue in the prestigious Mayfair area
- Gorgeous, grand setting that needs little to no additional decor
- Convenient location just 5 minutes from Green Park Station
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to London Engagement Party Venues
Congratulations on your engagement! What an exciting chapter you are about to embark on. It’s time to pop the champagne and get your friends and family together. An engagement party is a lovely way to mark the moment and get a taste of the wedding planning to come. VenueCrew can find the perfect ambience for your engagement party, from relaxed urban wine bars to private members’ clubs. You name it; our team has a great selection of venues to share.
If an elegant traditional setting is what you’re after, Dartmouth House is a timeless choice. Complete with three townhouse-style drawing rooms and an alfresco courtyard, your exclusive hire will allow you to celebrate in residential luxury. Couples are always astounded by the outdoor terrace — it’s a hidden gem in the heart of Mayfair. To find out more about booking your engagement party here, download the Dartmouth House event brochure.
Alternatively, you could follow the footsteps of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and host your engagement party at the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park. Kate and William hosted their magnificent engagement party in its ballroom, which gives it the royal seal of approval. This luxury hotel venue has a variety of other glamorous event spaces, including the intimate Loggia Room, which has direct access out onto the garden terrace. Here, you and your guests can soak up the summer sunshine and admire the views of Hyde Park.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Hotels Make Glamorous Settings For Engagement Parties
If you’re not too bothered about having an exclusive venue, and you’d rather have a private area, hotels are a great place to start. Not only do they have high service standards, but professionals style their interiors, so you don’t need to bring many decorations. For example, L’oscar in Holborn is a colourful work of art. The former church is now a stunning boutique hotel, and its circular Baptist chapel creates an unforgettable backdrop for dancing and entertainment.
Nearby, in Bloomsbury, the Kimpton Fitzroy London is a stunning engagement party venue. This celebrated hotel is the perfect mix of old and new. In its centre sits the remarkable Palm court, a chic reception space dotted with plants, plush sofas, and two small courtyard spaces. Fitz’s Bar is another gorgeous bar area in the hotel, fitted with a giant disco ball and a fully stocked bar. To book your viewing and get more details, have a look at the Kimpton Fitzroy London brochure.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: Wine Bars and Restaurants Are A Crowd Pleaser
Are you looking for a relaxed engagement party venue, where there are drinks on tap and delicious food in-house? If so, we’d recommend a wine bar or a restaurant. They are built for entertaining and their teams have worked hard to create an inviting ambience. From the soft lighting to the vibrant music, your guests will feel instantly welcomed and ready to celebrate.
SUSHISAMBA and Duck & Waffle are top-rated restaurants in East London. The former serves incredible Japanese, Brazilian, and Peruvian cuisine, whilst the latter delivers a playful take on British cuisine. Their sky-high views make an extraordinary setting for engagement parties. Take your event to the next level at these unbeatable skyscraper venues in the Heron Tower.
For something lowkey and underrated, Humble Grape Fleet Street and Humble Street Canary Wharf have a fun party atmosphere. With extensive wine lists and expert sommeliers on-site, your engagement party will be one to remember at these gorgeous wine bars.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Private Members’ Clubs Add A Touch Of Exclusivity
For a modern, exclusive, and stylish atmosphere, London’s private members’ club scene is great to tap into for engagement parties. The great thing is, you don’t necessarily have to be a member to book an event space. Places like The Ned are open for all to enjoy in the communal areas, including the event suite on the sixth floor. Up here, you can host your party in the historic Tapestry Room, the Saloon, or out on the sunny terrace overlooking St Paul’s Cathedral.
Another fantastic private members’ club venue is the Century Club in Soho. Named after its famous 100 steps that lead up to its world-class event spaces; you can party all night on the roof terrace or book an intimate dinner in The Piano Bar. With various other rooms to discover, you’re sure to be charmed by this venue’s unique offering. Check out the Century Club’s venue profile for more information.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 4: Rooftop Venues Add The Wow Factor
There’s something about rooftops that elevate any event. Especially on warm days when the sky is clear, you’ll have a mesmerising view of London to complement your celebration. For example, the Courthouse Hotel has a hidden terrace that will leave you speechless. Looking out over East London’s skyline, you could host a relaxed barbecue or bowl food reception and hire a live band to set the atmosphere. Download the Courthouse Hotel brochure for more details.
For an iconic view in a great location, The Dorchester hotel does not need much introduction. On the top floor, the Penthouse & Pavilion presents a theatrical set of rooms that lead out onto a magnificent rooftop terrace and water fountain. Decorated by the legendary stage designer, Oliver Messel, its Sleeping Beauty theme makes a romantic backdrop for engagement parties. For more information and to book your private viewing, visit The Dorchester venue profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 5: Call VenueCrew For A Free Consultation
Are you looking for an engagement venue that you’ve never been to before? Or are you wanting to book an intimate meal with just your nearest and dearest? Whatever you fancy, VenueCrew has the experience to quicken your engagement party venue search and make the process easy. Speak to a London Venue Specialist today for a free venue consultation.
Found the perfect location for your Australian outdoor wedding? If not, get in touch today. Our amazing Venue Specialists will match you with a list of the best outdoor wedding
Frequently Asked Questions
Follow these four steps for a simple search. Here’s how it works:
- Write down your engagement party requirements, preferred date, and guest number
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew London Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes and book you in to view the best options in London
- You confirm your date, send out the invites, and start planning the details
London is home to a beautiful range of engagement party venues, from urban restaurants to classical hotel venues. Some of the most popular include the Waldorf Hilton’s light-filled Palm Court, Devonshire Terrace’s remarkable courtyard space, and South Place Hotel’s variety of cosy lounges and Michelin star rooftop restaurant.