Popular Party Venues London
Historic, contemporary, and everything in between, London party venues offer a smorgasbord of irresistible venues that set the stage for once-in-a-lifetime parties. From gigantic museum venues and ballrooms with chandeliers to intimate private dining rooms and casual pubs on the river, there’s a venue for every style of celebration. With so much choice, the search can be daunting but we’re always here to help. We take the guesswork out of the process and deliver a bespoke list of venues that fit all of your criteria — contact our Venue Finders today .
113 Chancery Lane113 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1PL 5.0
In the heart of central London, 113 Chancery Lane is an elegant, sophisticated, and grand 19th-century event venue.
- Exquisitely decorated with stained glass windows and original candle chandeliers
- Exclusive use of the grade II listed Georgian building for your wedding day
- Outstanding catering provided by CH&CO Venues
116 Pall Mall116 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5ED 5.0
Five floors of exquisite event venues await at 116 Pall Mall in central London. Here, you can host a party in what feels like your own private museum.
- One of London’s most prestigious locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions
- Renowned for its opulent decor, period charm and first-class service
- Georgian venue dating back to the early 1820s with unique period features
8 Northumberland Avenue8 Northumberland Avenue, London, WC2N 5BY 5.0
8 Northumberland Avenue London is a luxury events venue housed in a stunning Grade II listed building, moments from Trafalgar Square.
- Grand ballroom space in the heart of Central London
- Grade II listed building with towering ceilings and impressive chandeliers
- Feels like your very own private palace
Balfour St Barts66 West Smithfield, London, EC1A 9DY 5.0
Overlooking Smithfield Market, Balfour St Barts is a cool all-day bar and industrial event venue with both private and semi-private hire options.
- Unique London wedding reception venue with urban charm and industrial style
- Indoor and outdoor event spaces to choose from
- Located in the heart of the city overlooking St Paul’s Cathedral
Banking HallCornhill, London, EC3V 3ND 5.0
Camm & Hooper’s Banking Hall London is a stunning Art Deco venue for large capacity events with the wow factor.
- Grand, historic setting with an old world atmosphere
- Bespoke catering and packages through event experts Camm & Hooper
- Awesome central London location surrounded by wedding photo opportunities
Banqueting House LondonWhitehall, London, SW1A 2ER 5.0
17th-century murals decorate the ceilings overhead at Banqueting House, an iconic London event venue with all the trimmings of a royal dining hall.
- Truly spectacular venue in London with capacity for 500 guests
- Licensed for civil ceremonies in the stunning Main Hall and Undercroft
- Afternoon and evening hire available
Belair House5 Gallery Road, London, SE21 7AB 5.0
Belair House is a grand Georgian manse surrounded by gardens and parkland — perfect for any event that spans both indoors and out.
- Traditional manor house wedding venue surrounded by gardens and parkland
- Fully licensed for civil wedding ceremonies in the first-floor ballroom
- Convenient location on the edge of London in peaceful Dulwich
Butchers’ Hall London87 Bartholomew Close, London, EC1A 7EB 5.0
Butchers’ Hall London is an elegant and traditional livery hall venue that’s available for private functions, weddings, and meetings in the heart of the city.
- Historic livery hall with five versatile event spaces
- Spectacular Great Hall with opulent interiors
- Impressive rooftop garden terrace overlooking Central London
Century Club London61-63 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 6LQ 5.0
Century Club is home to Soho's largest rooftop event space, a lively open-plan terrace with dangling greenery, a retractable roof and big city views.
- Exclusive private members club for civil ceremonies and chic wedding receptions
- Four floors of event spaces, including a large rooftop terrace
- Exquisite interior and decor including exposed brickwork and floor-to-ceiling windows
Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch335-337 Old Street, London, EC1V 9LL 5.0
Set in the arts hub of Shoreditch, Courthouse Hotel is a luxury 5-star hotel that hosts glamorous weddings and events in its cool, modern event space.
- Sought-after destination for romantic and glamorous weddings in London
- Expansive open-air sky terrace with spectacular London views
- Located in the artistic epicentre of Central London
Related popular event spaces
How to Find a London Party Venue That Ticks All the Right Boxes
As far as parties are concerned, London is one of the most exciting and diverse cities to throw the ultimate celebration. With its feet firmly planted in its past and its modern buildings skyrocketing at the forefront of architectural design, there are party venues to match all themes and styles. You name it, we’ve got it.
What about a super sleek cocktail party overlooking the London skyline? Or a Sunday roast in a traditional English pub next to the marina at St Katharine Docks? London is a city of charming contrasts, and finding the right atmosphere for your party will make all the difference. Our Venue Specialists have spent a lot of time visiting and getting to know the best party hubs around the city, so you can count on us to find one that fits the bill.
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Select a London Suburb That Works for You
- The most well-known party spots in London are in the vibrant areas of Soho and Shoreditch, where there’s an eclectic mix of bars, restaurants and all-night clubs.
- For exclusive private members’ clubs and character-filled pubs that have stood for centuries, have a look at central locations like Westminster or the City of London.
- For 5-star ballroom hotels and unforgettable museum party venues that double up as visitor attractions, check out Kensington and Chelsea, Mayfair and Marylebone.
- If you’d prefer a more cosmopolitan hotel with an open-air rooftop and quick access into the buzzy areas of Liverpool Street and Brick Lane, we’d pick Hackney or Islington.
- If you’re looking for green space and a botanical party atmosphere, we’d suggest searching in the outer London suburbs like Richmond, Chiswick and Greenwich.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Research Venues and Suppliers That Match Your Theme
- Dreaming of a James Bond party with a casino setup? Style it out with 007 themed decorations, hire in blackjack tables and create a cocktail list that’s shaken not stirred.
- What about a Great Gatsby party with all the Art Deco feels? Transport your guests back to the 1920s, in a gilded London ballroom party venue complete with flapper dancers.
- Put on a masquerade ball at a historic English palace with juggling jesters, a live string quartet, and a feast fit for a royal. London’s royal party venues will feel like the real deal.
- Amp up the disco atmosphere at a blank canvas party venue in East London, where you can hire disco strobe lights, a dancefloor, smoke machines and an unmissable DJ set.
- Or make the River Thames the backdrop to your nautical themed party. Set aboard a yacht and keep your seafaring guests entertained with ocean-inspired decorations.
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Keep Transportation in Mind
- To make sure everyone can make it on time, it’s vital that you look into the transportation timings and logistics. Luckily, London is the epicentre of public transportation, so you can share information with your guests on tube, train, bus or boat travel.
- Parking is always difficult in London, especially in the central boroughs. Our Venue Finders will be able to share useful insights about the car parks at or near to your chosen party venue and find discounted rates for your party guests.
- Transportation can even feature as part of your party experience. Traditional tours on a Double Decker Bus are popular, especially for guests who are newcomers to London.
- If you’re planning to party all night, have you thought about London accommodation for your party guests? Our Venue Finders can source all the best deals for you.
- For international guests, it might be worth sourcing some group transportation to your local party venue, such as a coach, car share or even a limousine if you want to go all out!
Venue Finder Tip No. 4: Catering Is a Party Essential
- Food and drink can help to theme your event and add to the party atmosphere. If there’s a particular cuisine you are hoping to find, our Venue Finders have a long list of ideas.
- It’s important to cater to the dietary needs of your guests. We can recommend caterers who are well equipped to accommodate vegan, vegetarian and kosher dishes.
- If you have chosen a hotel party venue or an event space with an in-house caterer, you might be required to use their chefs or select from their list of recommended caterers. Don’t be afraid to go through the menu in detail to make it as personalised as possible.
- Would you prefer a seated meal or casual canapés and grazing platters? The more details you know, the easier it is to find a London party venue with everything you need.
- If you’re looking to hire a blank canvas party venue in London, there is a lot more scope to get creative with your catering. Think pop-up cocktail bars, pizza vans or delicious dessert stations, the sky’s the limit when it comes to igniting the senses at your party.
Venue Finder Tip No. 5: Find a Style and Flow with It
Creating a party in London should be a creative and exciting process, and VenueCrew help you skip to the fun part. After a call with one of our friendly Venue Specialists, we can help you find the ideal party venue, so you can spend time styling it out and nailing your party theme.
- You could choose a traditional London townhouse steeped in history and splendour for your London party venue. We love Dartmouth House and RSA House to name a few.
- You could treat your guests to 5-star luxury at a central hotel party venue, like The Langham, The Waldorf Hilton, Claridge’s or the Mandarin Oriental.
- Waterfront parties are unbeatable in London. As dusk falls, the city light’s sparkle on the water’s surface. We’d head to OXO2, The Yacht or The Dickens Inn.
- Some of the most up and coming hotels and restaurant party venues in East London feature urban-inspired decor, rooftop reception spaces and a laidback atmosphere. Our favourites include South Place Hotel, the Kitty Hawk and Devonshire Terrace.
- For a more formal affair, why not choose a party venue with royal connections? Banqueting House is the remaining component of the Palace of Whitehall, Kew Gardens features a conservatory moved from the grounds of Buckingham Palace and Queen’s House was originally built for Anne of Denmark, the queen of King James I.
Venue Finder Tip No. 6: Chat with One of Our Venue Specialists
As you can tell, there are a lot of party venues out there and navigating through an endless list of options can be tricky. We understand how stressful it can be when you’re on a time limit to book a party venue that has all the requirements you need. Our Venue Finders will assist you throughout the search process for free, saving you both time and money. We can’t wait to hear what party idea you have in mind and match you with the right venue.
Found the perfect location for your Australian outdoor wedding? If not, get in touch today. Our amazing Venue Specialists will match you with a list of the best outdoor wedding
Frequently Asked Questions
London party venues alter in price depending on their location and size, as well as the season and day. If you are looking to hire a blank canvas venue where you can bring in your own decorations, caterers and suppliers, we’d suggest opting for a dry hire party venue. On average, a small dry hire venue will cost in the region of £5,000 to £8,000, and large ballroom style dry hire venues can cost around £10,000 to £15,000 and go upwards from there.
Alternatively, if you are looking for a party venue with all the catering included, such as a hotel or restaurant, they often charge a minimum spend or provide packages per head which are typically in the region of £100 to £200 + with various inclusions.
VenueCrew is the team of friendly faces you can turn to when you need to find a venue that matches your theme, budget and capacity. All you need to follow are these quick and easy steps:
- Call VenueCrew and let us know what kind of party venue you’d like
- We’ll pick out the best London party venues that suit your taste and send over quotes
- You sign a contract with your dream party venue and get planning!
London is an ideal base for a party like no other. Whether you’re searching for a sophisticated party in a manor house, a warehouse party venue with an all-night DJ, a skyscraper party venue with a bird’s eye view of the city, or a vibrant boat party floating on the River Thames, VenueCrew will have the perfect match for you! We can’t wait to get started.