L’oscar Hotel London
(3 Reviews) Visit Website
2-6, Southampton Row, England, WC1B 4AA, United Kingdom
L’oscar Hotel London Events & Parties
Opulence, extravagance, decadence, drama — have it all at L’oscar London, the five-star boutique hotel in the heart of Holborn.
Taking over a former Baroque-style church, L’oscar London is no ordinary event venue. It’s been lovingly restored and revamped, with French designer Jacques Garcia taking inspiration from nearby West End to create a space fit for a glamorous 19th-century theatre: Think rich fabrics in jewel tones, restored Baroque details, a glowing outdoor terrace, fun and innovative cocktails, and a buzz that feels as though the hotel is ready to party at any given moment.
Enjoy dinner with friends in one of the private dining areas, or book one of the three dedicated venues to host your own party or get together, with the help of the dedicated in-house events team.
The Baptist is a striking room that would make the perfect space for a special birthday or celebration. L’oscar London is also available for exclusive hire, should you prefer a full run of the place.
Private Dining Options at L’oscar London:
- L’oscar Restaurant: With gilded panels, mirror-lined walls and ceiling and stunning onyx bar, L’oscar Restaurant is a charming venue that will immediately transport you to continental Europe. This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and beyond and makes the great space for an intimate meal.
- The Blue Tree Yard: On an outdoor terrace is a mystical secret garden right in the heart of London. A large copper tree installation covered in birdcages and blue blossom takes up the space of the aptly named Blue Tree Yard, creating a canopy for guests underneath. Book this space for summer cocktails and a try of their extensive cigar menu.
- The Baptist Bar: For delicious, decorative drinks in an even more decorative setting, consider the Baptist Bar. Old and New Testament cocktails are served in this Grade II-listed former chapel, alongside some of Europe’s finest wines and elegant, delicious bar snacks menu.
Semi-Private Dining Options at L’oscar London:
- Saint & Sinner: Of course, Afternoon Tea at L’oscar London isn’t your typical Afternoon Tea. This is Saint & Sinner After Tea, with playful creations replacing the traditional. Choose between a menu of tea or cocktails and enjoy an afternoon of the ultimate decadence.
Spaces At This Venue
The Committee Room
76sqm / 818sqft
The Committee Room is an intimate and glamorous room. The original fireplace, vaulted ceiling, and oak panelled walls are a nod to the past, with rich turquoise and stunning peacock paintings giving it the eccentricity L'oscar London is renowned for.
96sqm / 1033sqft
The original fireplace takes centre stage in the Library, a beautiful room with arched windows, oak panels and glass cabinets filled with books and artefacts lining the walls. Large painted peacocks on the walls add a touch of theatre and playfulness to the Library.
222sqm / 2390sqft
The largest of the rooms at L'oscar London, the Baptist can host 60 for dinner or 150 cocktail-style. Set within the Grade II-listed former chapel, the Baptist is a split-level space complete with dancefloor, lit-up dome roof and its own bar.
L’oscar Hotel London Catering
Acclaimed chef Tony Fleming heads up food and catering at L’oscar London, using his talent and eye for detail to produce creative dishes that are ambitious and impressive – and taste just as good as they look.
Menus at L’oscar are British with touches of European flavours and are always delivered to the highest standard. For events, the team can cater for a variety of desires and needs, with casual buffet and bowl food options, as well as silver service.
Highlights of Catering at L’oscar London:
- Headed up by acclaimed chef Tony Fleming
- Creative British/European menus
- Casual and formal options available
- The British Museum
- Bloomsbury Square
- Covent Garden
- Royal Opera House
- Russell Square
Restaurants on site:
- L’oscar Restaurant
- The Baptist Bar
- The Blue Tree Yard
- Saint & Sinner Afternoon Tea
It was an amazing place to stay. The attention to detail in everything from light fixtures to furnishings was exquisite. The location was great as lots of points of interest were a good walk or taxi drive away.
Rani S ·
This is a beautiful hotel with exceptional decor and even better staff. Nothing is too much trouble for L'Oscars team and the level of presentation throughout the hotel is remarkable.
The hotel is a unique venue, made extra special by the quality of its staff and management […] Almost everyone at the wedding stayed overnight and loved the place. The rooms are distinctive and luxurious. Housekeeping is world class. Altogether a six-star experience, wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are 39 guest rooms including suites at L’oscar London, all decorated in the same opulent and rich textures as the rest of the hotel. The rooms come with Icelandic Eiderdown duvets, his-and-hers sinks, yoga mats, and an array of other amenities.
Double rooms start from £290 per night. Room types include:
- Superior Bedrooms with a Super King/Queen bed, rainforest shower, artwork
- Junior Suites have a lounge area, period features, marble & onyx bathroom with shower and bathtub
- L’oscar Suite is a large, stunning historic room with artwork, fireplace, original features, a luxurious lounge area, and a marble bathroom
Public parking is available nearby.
The food at L’oscar London is headed up by acclaimed chef Tony Fleming, who creates ambitious and decadent menus. Expect British dishes with European influences and choose between casual options and elegant silver service.
Kelly's been planning weddings and events across London since 2016. Her knowledge about the most stylish venues across the city is unparalleled, and she's so easy to chat with that she'll have your venue sorted in a matter of minutes.
Download Event Packages & Pricing
Get information about package options, pricing, facilities, and much more!
10-11 Carlton House Terrace
10-11 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5AH
10-11 Carlton House Terrace is a luxury event venue offering sweeping views of London landmarks like The Mall, Waterloo Place and St James's Park.
From £89 Per Person
116 Pall Mall
116 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5ED
Five floors of exquisite event venues await at 116 Pall Mall in central London. Here, you can host a party in what feels like your own private museum.
From £130 Per Person
37 Charles Street, London, W1J 5ED
At Dartmouth House, a grand marble staircase and a stone courtyard are just a couple of the remarkable 18th-century features of the Mayfair Townhouse.
From £186 Per Person
8 John Adam Street, London, WC2N 6EZ
RSA House is an elegant West End townhouse with a storied history of hosting some of the most famous thinkers and activists of the last two centuries.
From £179 Per Person