12 Immersive Event Ideas for Corporate Functions
By Aneeza Qureshi /London Venue Expert
Tue 4th Apr 2023 Corporate Venues
Image: Vue de Monde Rialto Melbourne Private Tasting & Cinema
If you’re putting together a corporate function, it’s important to have your guests in mind when planning. What can you do to make your event feel more interactive? More exciting? Outside the norm?
If you’re willing to try something a little different, why not plan an immersive corporate function? These event ideas engage audiences by stimulating the senses and involving them on a level where they physically feel ‘part of’ the event.
Immersive elements at corporate events help to foster better engagement, collaboration, and positive company culture. In this article, we’ll take a look at 12 immersive event ideas to take your corporate functions to the next level.
- Virtual Reality Escape Room – A great way to stimulate both mind and body, immersive VR escape rooms task attendees with solving puzzles and riddles to escape. These experiences encourage teamwork, boosting employee morale and developing inter-office relationships, all while having a ton of fun!
- Interactive Graffiti Wall – In this golden age of Twitter and Facebook, everybody loves a chance to express their opinion, so why not give your employees that chance. Using a blank digital wall, they can get creative with digital spray paint cans and stencils. Who knows, you could be left with a collaborative masterpiece!
- Silent Disco – After the serious stuff is out of the way – a silent disco is a fun way for your employees to blow off steam. Giving them headphones and letting them choose their own music, you can create a unique dance party atmosphere that allows everyone to hear the songs they want!
- Secret Cinema – What’s more immersive than going to the movies? With a secret cinema, transport your attendees to a mysterious location for an epic cinematic experience under the stars, or in an exclusive venue of your choosing.
- Pop-Up Speakeasy – In keeping with the mystery theme, pop up bars are a fun way to tie a theme into your event. As an exclusive post-event addition, you could create a hidden bar experience where attendees can sip on delicious craft cocktails and chat with friends in a 1920s-themed speakeasy setting.
- Live Art Experience – Witness an artist create a masterpiece in real-time, using attendees as models or inspiration. After all, who doesn’t love to get their portrait painted? Well okay… maybe not everybody, but for those who don’t, it’ll still be an impressive sight.
- Interactive Sensory Photo Booth – A well-loved staple of weddings and many other events, the photo booth is a classic. This type of booth is a little different though, using interactive props and backdrops to engage the senses. A fun and memorable twist on an old favourite.
- Silent Conference – Catering to your guests’ preferences is key, so why not give them a choice in what parts of your conference they engage with. Using wireless headphones, attendees can listen to different speakers or presentations at their leisure. It’s also great for keeping guests’ attention and eliminating any distractions.
- Interactive Murder Mystery Dinner – Another classic entry that encourages collaboration is a murder mystery game. Let attendees work together to solve a gruesome murder, while enjoying a multi-course dinner with whodunnit style interactive clues and actors.
- Augmented Reality Scavenger Hunt – What better way to let guests feel in control, than using their phones to solve a puzzle? Using augmented reality technology, you can create a scavenger hunt around the venue, challenging attendees to find hidden clues and solve puzzles.
- 360-Degree Video Experience – As fans of IMAX cinema will attest to, cinema is taken to the next level when you’re surrounded by it! With a 360-degree video experience, attendees can be transported to different locations, from the depths of the ocean to the mysterious unknown of outer space.
- Interactive Food Stations – When it comes to food, sometimes less is more…. unless you get a chance to create your own dishes! Interactive food stations give guests the chance to customise their food or drinks, adding their own unique flavours and toppings. A must for fans of interesting flavour combinations!
When you’re putting together a corporate event, immersive elements can create an engaging and memorable experience for attendees. Creating an experience like this leaves a lasting impression, leading to improved employee engagement and positive feelings towards their workplace. And let’s be honest, what employer doesn’t want that.