Popular Wedding Venues Melbourne
Melbourne weddings are a celebration of all the wonderful things the city is known for — delicious food, top-notch wine, great art and music, and impeccable style. What that means for you as you search for your Melbourne wedding venue is that you’ll find a plethora of options that meet your high standards. How do you sort through them all? That’s what our Venue Finders are best at — contact our Venue Finders today .
San Remo BallroomCarlton North, Victoria, 3054 5.0
San Remo Ballroom is a glamorous ballroom wedding venue in Melbourne with Art Deco touches, modern furnishings and a large central dancefloor.
- Recently renovated with elegant contemporary furnishings
- Sophisticated Art Deco interiors, high ornate ceilings and grand crystal chandeliers
- Large circular central dancefloor
The Wool MillBrunswick East, Victoria, 3057 5.0
Weddings at Brunswick East’s Wool Mill take place over several floors of a modern warehouse, with a moody speakeasy bar and private laneway.
- Converted historic warehouse
- Multiple event spaces over several levels
- Exclusive Speakeasy Bar
Leonda by the YarraHawthorn, Victoria, 3122 5.0
Set against a tree-filled backdrop, Hawthorn's Leonda by the Yarra offers elegant, modern event spaces and a passionate team of wedding planners.
- Located in the tranquil and leafy Melbourne suburb of Hawthorn, minutes from Melbourne's CBD
- Luxury waterfront event venue
- Variety of event spaces includes two gorgeous, spacious ballrooms
Metropolis EventsSouthbank, Victoria, 3006 5.0
Metropolis is an iconic Melbourne wedding venue with the best views of the city skyline & Yarra River on display through towering window walls.
- Sweeping views of the city skyline and the Yarra River
- Warehouse style features include soaring ceilings and window walls
- Stylish New York loft style venue space with modern finishings
The Plaza Ballroom MelbourneMelbourne, Victoria, 3000 5.0
The Plaza Ballroom Melbourne is infused with old-school grandeur and magic, bringing a sense of elegance and royalty to weddings.
- Located at the Regent Theatre
- Spanish Rococo architecture
- Spacious ballroom with proscenium arch stage
The PrinceSt Kilda, Victoria, 3182 5.0
Boasting panoramic views of Port Phillip Bay, The Prince’s stunning Prince Deck is a popular Melbourne wedding venue in St Kilda.
- Modern, elegant and light-filled event spaces
- Views of Port Phillip Bay and Melbourne city skyline
- Expansive timber deck for outdoor events and weddings
Q Events by MetropolisMelbourne, Victoria, 3000 5.0
Perfectly placed in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, Q Events by Metropolis is a stunningly modern wedding venue with elegant, light-filled interiors.
- Stunning modern interiors with elegant art deco touches
- Incredible location in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD
- Flexible floorplans with moveable walls
Two Ton MaxNorth Melbourne, Victoria, 3051 5.0
Two Ton Max offers a sophisticated setting for industrial-style weddings in North Melbourne with its trendy aesthetic and flexible warehouse space.
- Flexible event venue with spacious, open-plan interiors
- Convenient North Melbourne location with a secluded and hidden feel
- Exposed beams, polished concrete floors, and high ceilings
Gather & TailorWest Melbourne, Victoria, 3003 5.0
A design lover's dream come true, Gather & Tailor is a stylish warehouse wedding venue in West Melbourne with vaulted ceilings and a cactus courtyard.
- Gorgeous open-plan warehouse event venue
- Convenient location near Melbourne CBD
- Soaring ceilings and two levels of event space
Cargo HallSouth Wharf, Victoria, 3006 5.0
Located on Melbourne’s famous South Wharf, Cargo Hall is a lively waterfront wedding venue that promises a lot and delivers on everything.
- Located on South Wharf Promenade
- Showtime Event Group venue
- Yarra River and city views
Related popular event spaces
Everything You Need to Know About Finding A Melbourne Wedding Venue
Finding and booking your ideal Melbourne wedding venue isn’t just about finding a space that suits your style and budget best. It’s also about finding a wedding venue in the best Melbourne suburb with easy access to accommodation and transportation, and ensuring that your wedding guests will get the best experience possible — from the moment they arrive until their last hug goodbye. Our Venue Finders share their tips on finding the perfect Melbourne wedding venue for your wedding .
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Hone in on The Melbourne Suburbs You Love & Frequent
- If you want to be able to easily access Melbourne laneways, CBD rooftop bars, and the Royal Botanic Gardens before or after your wedding, check out wedding venues in Melbourne’s city centre. This way, you can formulate your wedding day agenda around where to take photos with your wedding party in Melbourne — like at Hosier Lane or in Fitzroy Gardens — and where you want to spend your after-wedding party (think Melbourne rooftop bar).
- Are you a Northsider for life? You’re in good company. Northside Melbourne wedding venues include lots of industrial warehouse spaces and boutique wedding venues in Brunswick, Fitzroy, Collingwood, and Abbottsford. Private dining spaces in Melbourne’s north are also a very popular wedding venue option, as this side of the city is known for its award-winning restaurants. Looking for Melbourne northside photo ops? Check out Fitzroy Town Hall, Abbotsford Convent, Carlton Gardens, and Royal Park.
- South Melbourne more your jam? That’s cool. Check out the gorgeous wedding venues in St. Kilda, South Yarra, Brighton, and beyond. Weddings on this side of the city tend to be all about beach access and these couples love taking their wedding photos on the beach at Elwood Beach Pier, Black Rock Pier, Sandringham Cliffs, and St. Kilda Beach and Botanical Gardens.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Factor in Melbourne’s Varied Accommodation Options
- Need room blocks for your Melbourne wedding? If you have 20+ guests travelling to Melbourne for your wedding, a group hotel booking may be the best solution. If you’ve never booked a hotel block, don’t worry, it’s easy as. We can walk you through the steps .
- If you’re booking multiple hotels or luxury home rentals in Melbourne, we recommend streamlining all the details for your guests in one easy-to-access location like a wedding website.
- If you’re interested in a Melbourne wedding venue with accommodation on-site, you might be required to book a minimum number of rooms for your guests. This is the kind of thing that’s easy to sort through with our Venue Crew.
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Take Melbourne Transportation Into Consideration
- How will your guests get to your Melbourne wedding venue? Will they take a tram, train, or car share?
- Does your Melbourne wedding venue include parking? If so, is there an option to have valet attendants manage guest parking?
- Will any guests fly into Melbourne for your wedding? If so, what can you do to make this easier for them? Would it be possible to manage transportation to and from the airport for them?
Venue Finder Tip No. 4: Think Service, Service, Service!
- What can you do to create the best possible experience for your wedding guests? What’s the best Melbourne wedding venue on your list to deliver this vision?
- Of the top Melbourne wedding venues on your list, which is the most likely to be easy to work with throughout the planning process? Do they have a wedding coordinator who will help bring your vision to life?
- How do you envision the food being served at your wedding? Are you into grazing stations and canapés? Do you want to have a sit-down meal with multiple courses that have been designed specifically for your wedding? We suggest that you talk through the options with your wedding catering team prior to selecting your Melbourne wedding venue.
Venue Finder Tip No. 5: You Do You
Melbourne wedding venues run the gamut of sizes, styles, and types. Find what you like and let your wedding Venue Crew handle the rest.
- You can host your Melbourne CBD wedding at a five-star hotel with accommodations and events on-site in an elegant, timeless environment.
- You can create an all-out wild party in a converted warehouse venue on Melbourne’s northside with disco balls, DJs, and all the bells and whistles you want for your industrial wedding.
- You can keep things low-key and book an intimate wedding venue overlooking the Yarra and flooded with candlelight.
- You can take over a Melbourne CBD rooftop venue and transform it into a wedding space that feels like your own.
- You can even stick to tradition and have a wedding ceremony at St. Patrick’s Cathedracbd rl followed by photos in Fitzroy Gardens and a horse-drawn carriage to your reception at a formal banquet hall on Melbourne’s southside.
Venue Finder Tip No. 6: Ask For Help
Free wedding planning resources abound online. Choose one you trust and ask as many questions as you need to. Our Venue Finders are happy to talk through exactly what you’re searching for any time . We know it can be hard to get in touch with a lot of venues, as their sales managers are often overwhelmed by enquiries. Our goal is to always be accessible, helpful, and a friendly face you can lean on when you’re assessing your options.
Frequently Asked Questions
There’s a wide range of pricing options available in Melbourne wedding venues, starting as low as $30 per person for a daytime wedding and going up from there. Some factors to consider when selecting a Melbourne wedding venue include the time of day, day of the week, and season. Pricing will vary depending on these factors.
Every wedding venue has its own pricing structures. Melbourne restaurants that do weddings typically work by setting a minimum food and beverage spend for your wedding. This way, they can guarantee that they’ll make enough sales to justify being closed to the public. Many Melbourne ceremony sites like parks and beaches will charge a flat one-time use fee for space, which can be as low as $50 or a suggested donation. Melbourne warehouse wedding venues and reception halls are more likely to charge a fee for the room rental plus a food and beverage minimum or per person cost if they offer in-house catering.
We make it easy. Here’s how it works:
- Select your dream venue (or a few)
- Reach out to us and let us know what you fancy
- We’ll send you a quote
- You sign a contract with your dream wedding venue!
Whether you’re searching for intimate Melbourne wedding venues, large wedding venues, trendy wedding venues, beachfront wedding venues in Melbourne, we’ve got you covered. Our Venue Finders have done the hard work to bring you easy-to-find wedding venues throughout the city.