Choosing the perfect venue can be tricky, especially when there are so many factors to consider: Can it fit all of your guests? Is it wheelchair accessible? What about the
Popular Wedding Venues Melbourne
Melbourne weddings are a celebration of all the wonderful things the city is known for — delicious food, top-notch wine, great art and music, and impeccable style. What that means for you as you search for your Melbourne wedding venue is that you’ll find a plethora of options that meet your high standards. How do you sort through them all? That’s what our Venue Finders are best at — contact our Venue Finders today .
Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
Hosting your wedding at this luxury hotel wedding venue in the heart of Melbourne CBD is a thing of beauty. At Grand Hyatt, you can have the private mansion-style wedding you've always pictured.
The Savoy on Little Collins
Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
Weddings at The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins are a delightful combination of Art Deco glamour and classic Melbourne style. The convenient location makes it easy for guests to travel from around the city.
Southbank, Victoria, 3006
Crown weddings are as spectacular as their setting! Think larger-than-life event spaces where no detail is overlooked.
Southbank, Victoria, 3006
Metropolis is an iconic Melbourne wedding venue with the best views of the city skyline & Yarra River on display through towering window walls.
Park Hyatt Melbourne
Melbourne, Victoria, 3002
Impeccable catering, an elegant ballroom & a private garden are all on offer at Park Hyatt's five-star hotel weddings in the heart of central Melbourne with proximity to St. Patrick's Cathedral & Fitzroy Gardens.
From $3000 Minimum Spend
Chateau Yering Hotel
Yering, Victoria, 3770
Chateau Yering is a boutique hotel in the Yarra Valley that's surrounded by stately gardens and vineyards. Here, your winery wedding will be a dream.
Coldstream, Victoria, 3770
Levantine Hill is one of Yarra Valley's best modern winery wedding venues. Here, panoramic views of vineyards and hills set a romantic scene.
Southbank, Victoria, 3006
Sky-high luxury can be yours at Eureka 89, the contemporary wedding venue with award-winning catering at the top of Melbourne’s iconic landmark skyscraper, Eureka Tower.
From $70 Per Person
Leonda by the Yarra
Hawthorn, Victoria, 3122
Set against a tree-filled backdrop, Hawthorn's Leonda by the Yarra offers elegant, modern event spaces and a passionate team of wedding planners.
Yarra Glen, Victoria, 3775
Oozing romance and rustic vintage appeal – Fergusson Winery is a picturesque estate surrounded by vineyards and is one of Yarra Valley’s most coveted destinations for weddings.
Related popular event spaces
Everything You Need to Know About Finding A Melbourne Wedding Venue
Finding and booking your ideal Melbourne wedding venue isn’t just about finding a space that suits your style and budget best. It’s also about finding a wedding venue in the best Melbourne suburb with easy access to accommodation and transportation, and ensuring that your wedding guests will get the best experience possible — from the moment they arrive until their last hug goodbye. Our Venue Finders share their tips on finding the perfect Melbourne wedding venue for your wedding .
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Hone in on The Melbourne Suburbs You Love & Frequent
- If you want to be able to easily access Melbourne laneways, CBD rooftop bars, and the Royal Botanic Gardens before or after your wedding, check out wedding venues in Melbourne’s city centre. This way, you can formulate your wedding day agenda around where to take photos with your wedding party in Melbourne — like at Hosier Lane or in Fitzroy Gardens — and where you want to spend your after-wedding party (think Melbourne rooftop bar).
- Are you a Northsider for life? You’re in good company. Northside Melbourne wedding venues include lots of industrial warehouse spaces and boutique wedding venues in Brunswick, Fitzroy, Collingwood, and Abbottsford. Private dining spaces in Melbourne’s north are also a very popular wedding venue option, as this side of the city is known for its award-winning restaurants. Looking for Melbourne northside photo ops? Check out Fitzroy Town Hall, Abbotsford Convent, Carlton Gardens, and Royal Park.
- South Melbourne more your jam? That’s cool. Check out the gorgeous wedding venues in St. Kilda, South Yarra, Brighton, and beyond. Weddings on this side of the city tend to be all about beach access and these couples love taking their wedding photos on the beach at Elwood Beach Pier, Black Rock Pier, Sandringham Cliffs, and St. Kilda Beach and Botanical Gardens.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Factor in Melbourne’s Varied Accommodation Options
- Need room blocks for your Melbourne wedding? If you have 20+ guests travelling to Melbourne for your wedding, a group hotel booking may be the best solution. If you’ve never booked a hotel block, don’t worry, it’s easy as. We can walk you through the steps .
- If you’re booking multiple hotels or luxury home rentals in Melbourne, we recommend streamlining all the details for your guests in one easy-to-access location like a wedding website.
- If you’re interested in a Melbourne wedding venue with accommodation on-site, you might be required to book a minimum number of rooms for your guests. This is the kind of thing that’s easy to sort through with our Venue Crew.
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Take Melbourne Transportation Into Consideration
- How will your guests get to your Melbourne wedding venue? Will they take a tram, train, or car share?
- Does your Melbourne wedding venue include parking? If so, is there an option to have valet attendants manage guest parking?
- Will any guests fly into Melbourne for your wedding? If so, what can you do to make this easier for them? Would it be possible to manage transportation to and from the airport for them?
Venue Finder Tip No. 4: Think Service, Service, Service!
- What can you do to create the best possible experience for your wedding guests? What’s the best Melbourne wedding venue on your list to deliver this vision?
- Of the top Melbourne wedding venues on your list, which is the most likely to be easy to work with throughout the planning process? Do they have a wedding coordinator who will help bring your vision to life?
- How do you envision the food being served at your wedding? Are you into grazing stations and canapés? Do you want to have a sit-down meal with multiple courses that have been designed specifically for your wedding? We suggest that you talk through the options with your wedding catering team prior to selecting your Melbourne wedding venue.
Venue Finder Tip No. 5: You Do You
Melbourne wedding venues run the gamut of sizes, styles, and types. Find what you like and let your wedding Venue Crew handle the rest.
- You can host your Melbourne CBD wedding at a five-star hotel with accommodations and events on-site in an elegant, timeless environment.
- You can create an all-out wild party in a converted warehouse venue on Melbourne’s northside with disco balls, DJs, and all the bells and whistles you want for your industrial wedding.
- You can keep things low-key and book an intimate wedding venue overlooking the Yarra and flooded with candlelight.
- You can take over a Melbourne CBD rooftop venue and transform it into a wedding space that feels like your own.
- You can even stick to tradition and have a wedding ceremony at St. Patrick’s Cathedracbd rl followed by photos in Fitzroy Gardens and a horse-drawn carriage to your reception at a formal banquet hall on Melbourne’s southside.
Venue Finder Tip No. 6: Ask For Help
Free wedding planning resources abound online. Choose one you trust and ask as many questions as you need to. Our Venue Finders are happy to talk through exactly what you’re searching for any time . We know it can be hard to get in touch with a lot of venues, as their sales managers are often overwhelmed by enquiries. Our goal is to always be accessible, helpful, and a friendly face you can lean on when you’re assessing your options.
Expert Advice from Our Leading Venue Finders Picking your ideal wedding venue can be a stressful and time-consuming process, particularly when there is so much to compare and contrast before
Are you planning a 30th birthday bash, a leaving do or a graduation celebration? There are so many different types of events and each has a distinctive vibe. But creating
Frequently Asked Questions
There’s a wide range of pricing options available in Melbourne wedding venues, starting as low as $30 per person for a daytime wedding and going up from there. Some factors to consider when selecting a Melbourne wedding venue include the time of day, day of the week, and season. Pricing will vary depending on these factors.
Every wedding venue has its own pricing structures. Melbourne restaurants that do weddings typically work by setting a minimum food and beverage spend for your wedding. This way, they can guarantee that they’ll make enough sales to justify being closed to the public. Many Melbourne ceremony sites like parks and beaches will charge a flat one-time use fee for space, which can be as low as $50 or a suggested donation. Melbourne warehouse wedding venues and reception halls are more likely to charge a fee for the room rental plus a food and beverage minimum or per person cost if they offer in-house catering.
We make it easy. Here’s how it works:
- Select your dream venue (or a few)
- Reach out to us and let us know what you fancy
- We’ll send you a quote
- You sign a contract with your dream wedding venue!
Whether you’re searching for intimate Melbourne wedding venues, large wedding venues, trendy wedding venues, beachfront wedding venues in Melbourne, we’ve got you covered. Our Venue Finders have done the hard work to bring you easy-to-find wedding venues throughout the city.