Everything You Need to Know About Finding A Melbourne Wedding Venue
Finding and booking your ideal Melbourne wedding venue isn’t just about finding a space that suits your style and budget best. It’s also about finding a wedding venue in the best Melbourne suburb with easy access to accommodation and transportation, and ensuring that your wedding guests will get the best experience possible — from the moment they arrive until their last hug goodbye. Our Venue Finders share their tips on finding the perfect Melbourne wedding venue for your wedding .
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Hone in on The Melbourne Suburbs You Love & Frequent
- If you want to be able to easily access Melbourne laneways, CBD rooftop bars, and the Royal Botanic Gardens before or after your wedding, check out wedding venues in Melbourne’s city centre. This way, you can formulate your wedding day agenda around where to take photos with your wedding party in Melbourne — like at Hosier Lane or in Fitzroy Gardens — and where you want to spend your after-wedding party (think Melbourne rooftop bar).
- Are you a Northsider for life? You’re in good company. Northside Melbourne wedding venues include lots of industrial warehouse spaces and boutique wedding venues in Brunswick, Fitzroy, Collingwood, and Abbottsford. Private dining spaces in Melbourne’s north are also a very popular wedding venue option, as this side of the city is known for its award-winning restaurants. Looking for Melbourne northside photo ops? Check out Fitzroy Town Hall, Abbotsford Convent, Carlton Gardens, and Royal Park.
- South Melbourne more your jam? That’s cool. Check out the gorgeous wedding venues in St. Kilda, South Yarra, Brighton, and beyond. Weddings on this side of the city tend to be all about beach access and these couples love taking their wedding photos on the beach at Elwood Beach Pier, Black Rock Pier, Sandringham Cliffs, and St. Kilda Beach and Botanical Gardens.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Factor in Melbourne’s Varied Accommodation Options
- Need room blocks for your Melbourne wedding? If you have 20+ guests travelling to Melbourne for your wedding, a group hotel booking may be the best solution. If you’ve never booked a hotel block, don’t worry, it’s easy as. We can walk you through the steps .
- If you’re booking multiple hotels or luxury home rentals in Melbourne, we recommend streamlining all the details for your guests in one easy-to-access location like a wedding website.
- If you’re interested in a Melbourne wedding venue with accommodation on-site, you might be required to book a minimum number of rooms for your guests. This is the kind of thing that’s easy to sort through with our Venue Crew.
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Take Melbourne Transportation Into Consideration
- How will your guests get to your Melbourne wedding venue? Will they take a tram, train, or car share?
- Does your Melbourne wedding venue include parking? If so, is there an option to have valet attendants manage guest parking?
- Will any guests fly into Melbourne for your wedding? If so, what can you do to make this easier for them? Would it be possible to manage transportation to and from the airport for them?
Venue Finder Tip No. 4: Think Service, Service, Service!
- What can you do to create the best possible experience for your wedding guests? What’s the best Melbourne wedding venue on your list to deliver this vision?
- Of the top Melbourne wedding venues on your list, which is the most likely to be easy to work with throughout the planning process? Do they have a wedding coordinator who will help bring your vision to life?
- How do you envision the food being served at your wedding? Are you into grazing stations and canapés? Do you want to have a sit-down meal with multiple courses that have been designed specifically for your wedding? We suggest that you talk through the options with your wedding catering team prior to selecting your Melbourne wedding venue.
Venue Finder Tip No. 5: You Do You
Melbourne wedding venues run the gamut of sizes, styles, and types. Find what you like and let your wedding Venue Crew handle the rest.
- You can host your Melbourne CBD wedding at a five-star hotel with accommodations and events on-site in an elegant, timeless environment.
- You can create an all-out wild party in a converted warehouse venue on Melbourne’s northside with disco balls, DJs, and all the bells and whistles you want for your industrial wedding.
- You can keep things low-key and book an intimate wedding venue overlooking the Yarra and flooded with candlelight.
- You can take over a Melbourne CBD rooftop venue and transform it into a wedding space that feels like your own.
- You can even stick to tradition and have a wedding ceremony at St. Patrick’s Cathedracbd rl followed by photos in Fitzroy Gardens and a horse-drawn carriage to your reception at a formal banquet hall on Melbourne’s southside.
Venue Finder Tip No. 6: Ask For Help
Free wedding planning resources abound online. Choose one you trust and ask as many questions as you need to. Our Venue Finders are happy to talk through exactly what you’re searching for any time . We know it can be hard to get in touch with a lot of venues, as their sales managers are often overwhelmed by enquiries. Our goal is to always be accessible, helpful, and a friendly face you can lean on when you’re assessing your options.