Everything You Need to Know About Finding A Sydney Wedding Venue
Discovering the perfect Sydney wedding venue is as much about convenient transport and accommodation options for your guests as it is your wedding theme and budget. Weddings are a celebration and the best celebrations are the ones that wedding guests rave about for years to come. Our Venue Specialists share this perspective, know the ins and outs of the Sydney wedding locations and, as the following advice, can offer suggestions on finding your ideal Sydney wedding venue.
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Determine Which Sydney Locations You’re Drawn To
- Do you love the buzz and stature of Sydney’s city centre? If you want some of Sydney’s iconic landmarks as the backdrop to your wedding and wedding photographs – the unmistakable Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge – or the romance of the Royal Botanic Gardens Sydney and Hyde Park; then a central-Sydney wedding venue is for you.
- Are the beachy Eastern suburbs more your vibe? Whether it’s the vibrant scene of Bondi Beach; the quaint and jaw-dropping Watsons Bay, or swanky Double Bay, there are endless Sydney beach wedding photo opportunities with your wedding party (and Harbour views guaranteed). Check out Zest Waterfront Venues and InterContinental Sydney Double Bay in these areas.
- Or is north of the bridge more your scene? The affluent locale of Mosman features heritage sites like Gunners’ Barracks and Chowder Bay, Bradley’s Head – and of course, a bevy of beautiful beaches. Sydney wedding venues such as Sergeants’ Mess and Zest Waterfront Boathouse at The Spit, Mosman are great places to start your search.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Keep Travel Convenient for Your Guests
- Need room blocks for your Sydney wedding? If you have more than 20 guests visiting Sydney for your wedding, a group hotel booking may be your best bet. And don’t worry if you’ve never organised a hotel block! We can guide you through the process .
- If you’re booking multiple hotels or luxury home rentals in Sydney, your guests will find it easy if all the info is available in one spot – like on your own wedding website.
- If you’re interested in a Sydney wedding venue that has its own guest rooms, you’ll need to know which venues can accommodate your guest list. This is where our Venue Crew team excels!
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Consider Guest Transportation for Your Sydney Wedding
- It’s no secret that navigating around Sydney can be an adventure in itself! On your wedding day, it should be the least of your concerns.
- Something to consider when choosing a Sydney wedding venue is: How will guests get to, from and between your ceremony location and reception venue? What are the best modes of transport you can suggest to your guests? i.e water taxi/ferry, train, cab/Uber, or on foot.
- Onsite parking could be a big plus – particularly if they have a valet service; and for interstate or overseas guests flying into Sydney Airport, arranging a pickup service and transport back to their hotel is another consideration.
Venue Finder Tip No. 4: Map Your Sydney Wedding Venue Priorities As a Couple
- Let’s be real – while the ceremony is all about you guys and a handful of nearest and dearest, your wedding guests will be mostly looking forward to the party!
- This is why choosing the right Sydney wedding venue is so important.
- We suggest sitting down with your partner to list your Top 3 venue priorities. Whether that’s exceptional food with wine to match; effort into the small details that make a maximum impact; or the perfect ambience crafted from discretion and seamless service – it’s things like this that can take your wedding from ordinary to memorable. Thankfully, our Sydney Venue Specialists are keyed into which wedding venues excel at what.
Venue Finder Tip No. 5: Your Perfect Wedding Venue Should Reflect Your Style
There are Sydney wedding venues for every type of couple – it just depends what you’re after.
- You can host your Sydney CBD wedding at a glamorous luxury hotel with guest accommodation catered for and an elegant, sophisticated aesthetic.
- You can drink in Sydney harbour views at a seaside restaurant or reception venue clinking cocktails as you watch the sunset.
- You can take advantage of Sydney’s stunning climate for an outdoor garden wedding surrounded by manicured landscapes and flora.
- You can treat guests to something more intimate and relaxed like a wine bar wedding or modern cafe wedding.
Venue Finder Tip No. 6: Get The Biggest Decision Sorted and Move Onto The Fun Stuff
Our Venue Specialists will guide you through all your venue options and be like that secret bridesmaid you never had. Once you’ve booked your Sydney wedding venue – congratulations! You now have a home base from which to plan every other element of your wedding.