Planning an event is exciting, especially when it’s your first time with complete control over each detail! From the canapés to the decor, it’s your time to make the
Popular Wedding Venues Sydney
Planning a Sydney wedding? This incredible city is like no other – an enviable backdrop before which to say your vows. From its twinkling Harbour and world-famous Bridge; to the one-of-a-kind Sydney Opera House and innate beach culture, Sydney wedding venues are just as iconic and diverse. How do you discern which is a match for you as a couple? With the help of our expert Venue Specialists — contact our Venue Specialists today .
Burnham Grove EstateCawdor, New South Wales, 2570 5.0
Burnham Grove Estate is an elegant country wedding venue near Sydney with multiple ceremony locations, picturesque gardens, and a grand marquee.
- Historic country property set on a 45-acre estate
- Picturesque gardens for outdoor events
- Purpose-built air-conditioned marquee
InterContinental Sydney Double BayDouble Bay, New South Wales, 2028 5.0
Marry in the French-inspired courtyard before heading into the Grand Ballroom at InterContinental Hotel Sydney Double Bay for an unforgettable five-star hotel wedding with views of Sydney Harbour.
- Panoramic views over Double Bay Marina
- Stylish rooftop bar with an infinity pool
- Five-star boutique hotel
Bellevue Cottage by AntoineGlebe, New South Wales, 2037 5.0
Bellevue Cottage by Antoine is a heritage-listed restaurant wedding venue offering delightful French cuisine and stunning views of Sydney’s Blackwattle Bay.
- Stunning waterfront location in Glebe, just a stone’s throw from the Sydney CBD
- Intimate dining spaces brimming with rustic heritage charm
- Spacious alfresco terrace overlooking Blackwattle Bay and Sydney’s skyline
Sofitel Sydney WentworthSydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
At your Sofitel Sydney Wentworth 5-star hotel wedding, you'll exchange your vows in an intimate courtyard followed by a reception in either the bright, modern restaurant space or the glamorous ballroom.
- Art Deco style ballroom with glamorous details and lighting
- French-inspired interiors and garden courtyard
- Different styles of event spaces that suit both small gatherings and large galas
Amora Hotel Jamison SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Celebrate your reception in Amora Jamison's glam ballroom and you'll be thrilled with the impeccable service delivered by this award-winning venue.
- A stylish and luxurious hotel situated in the heart of Sydney’s CBD
- Beautiful, elevated views of Sydney CBD
- 10 contemporary, sleek function venues to choose from
The Langham, SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Located in The Rocks, The Langham, Sydney offers a glamorous ballroom wedding venue with panoramic views of Sydney Harbour. The gorgeous hotel suites and in-house spa are icing on the cake.
- Ideally located 25 minutes from Sydney airport, 14 minutes from Central Station and 7 minutes from Circular Quay
- 95 spacious hotel suites and 5 private event rooms for guests to stay in
- Hosts events for up to 200 guests
Little Pearl Beach Suites ManlyManly, New South Wales, 2095 5.0
Little Pearl Beach Suites Manly is a stunning waterfront wedding venue overlooking the shimmering waters and golden sands of Sydney’s iconic Manly Beach.
- Stylish waterfront venue overlooking Manly Beach
- Modern interiors with versatile layouts and beach views
- Beautiful alfresco courtyard adjoining the main event space
Establishment Ballroom by MerivaleSydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Establishment Ballroom by Merivale features an elegant ballroom space in Sydney CBD with a large outdoor terrace overlooking Establishment Garden.
- An iconic heritage building conveniently located in central Sydney
- Floor-to-ceiling windows ensure an abundance of natural light
- Star features include a grand, modern marble bar
Establishment Bar by MerivaleSydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Featuring a striking marble bar, white columns and intricate details, Establishment Bar is a romantic space for an unforgettable city wedding.
- Spectacular features include extravagant lighting and a sleek, long marble bar
- Spacious private outdoor courtyard filled with light and greenery
- Located in a stately 19th-century building, The George Patterson House
Sydney Harbour Marriott HotelSydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Sydney Harbour Marriott offers sweeping harbour views, luxury hotel accommodation and an impressive reputation for high service standards. It's conveniently positioned for wedding ceremonies in Royal Botanic Gardens & Domain Sydney.
- Open-air terrace with panoramic views of Sydney Harbour
- Award-winning wedding menus by a Michelin Star-trained chef
- Luxury guest accommodation with group discounts available
Related popular event spaces
Everything You Need to Know About Finding A Sydney Wedding Venue
Discovering the perfect Sydney wedding venue is as much about convenient transport and accommodation options for your guests as it is your wedding theme and budget. Weddings are a celebration and the best celebrations are the ones that wedding guests rave about for years to come. Our Venue Specialists share this perspective, know the ins and outs of the Sydney wedding locations and, as the following advice, can offer suggestions on finding your ideal Sydney wedding venue.
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Determine Which Sydney Locations You’re Drawn To
- Do you love the buzz and stature of Sydney’s city centre? If you want some of Sydney’s iconic landmarks as the backdrop to your wedding and wedding photographs – the unmistakable Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge – or the romance of the Royal Botanic Gardens Sydney and Hyde Park; then a central-Sydney wedding venue is for you.
- Are the beachy Eastern suburbs more your vibe? Whether it’s the vibrant scene of Bondi Beach; the quaint and jaw-dropping Watsons Bay, or swanky Double Bay, there are endless Sydney beach wedding photo opportunities with your wedding party (and Harbour views guaranteed). Check out Zest Waterfront Venues and InterContinental Sydney Double Bay in these areas.
- Or is north of the bridge more your scene? The affluent locale of Mosman features heritage sites like Gunners’ Barracks and Chowder Bay, Bradley’s Head – and of course, a bevy of beautiful beaches. Sydney wedding venues such as Sergeants’ Mess and Zest Waterfront Boathouse at The Spit, Mosman are great places to start your search.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Keep Travel Convenient for Your Guests
- Need room blocks for your Sydney wedding? If you have more than 20 guests visiting Sydney for your wedding, a group hotel booking may be your best bet. And don’t worry if you’ve never organised a hotel block! We can guide you through the process .
- If you’re booking multiple hotels or luxury home rentals in Sydney, your guests will find it easy if all the info is available in one spot – like on your own wedding website.
- If you’re interested in a Sydney wedding venue that has its own guest rooms, you’ll need to know which venues can accommodate your guest list. This is where our Venue Crew team excels!
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Consider Guest Transportation for Your Sydney Wedding
- It’s no secret that navigating around Sydney can be an adventure in itself! On your wedding day, it should be the least of your concerns.
- Something to consider when choosing a Sydney wedding venue is: How will guests get to, from and between your ceremony location and reception venue? What are the best modes of transport you can suggest to your guests? i.e water taxi/ferry, train, cab/Uber, or on foot.
- Onsite parking could be a big plus – particularly if they have a valet service; and for interstate or overseas guests flying into Sydney Airport, arranging a pickup service and transport back to their hotel is another consideration.
Venue Finder Tip No. 4: Map Your Sydney Wedding Venue Priorities As a Couple
- Let’s be real – while the ceremony is all about you guys and a handful of nearest and dearest, your wedding guests will be mostly looking forward to the party!
- This is why choosing the right Sydney wedding venue is so important.
- We suggest sitting down with your partner to list your Top 3 venue priorities. Whether that’s exceptional food with wine to match; effort into the small details that make a maximum impact; or the perfect ambience crafted from discretion and seamless service – it’s things like this that can take your wedding from ordinary to memorable. Thankfully, our Sydney Venue Specialists are keyed into which wedding venues excel at what.
Venue Finder Tip No. 5: Your Perfect Wedding Venue Should Reflect Your Style
There are Sydney wedding venues for every type of couple – it just depends what you’re after.
- You can host your Sydney CBD wedding at a glamorous luxury hotel with guest accommodation catered for and an elegant, sophisticated aesthetic.
- You can drink in Sydney harbour views at a seaside restaurant or reception venue clinking cocktails as you watch the sunset.
- You can take advantage of Sydney’s stunning climate for an outdoor garden wedding surrounded by manicured landscapes and flora.
- You can treat guests to something more intimate and relaxed like a wine bar wedding or modern cafe wedding.
Venue Finder Tip No. 6: Get The Biggest Decision Sorted and Move Onto The Fun Stuff
Our Venue Specialists will guide you through all your venue options and be like that secret bridesmaid you never had. Once you’ve booked your Sydney wedding venue – congratulations! You now have a home base from which to plan every other element of your wedding.
To make the most of your initial wedding venue tours, you’ll be well equipped to print this PDF and bring it with you along with your wedding venue’s packages,
Photo of Buckland Estate Do you want to have your wedding amidst Perth’s shimmering beaches and captivating skyline views? But where? Planning a wedding involves many tasks that need
Frequently Asked Questions
According the Easy Weddings 2019 Industry Report, the average cost of a Sydney wedding venue is about $17,000 for average size wedding of just under 100 guests. When deciding on a Sydney wedding venue, several things – in addition to the guest list – will influence the price. For example, spring and summer weddings may be more expensive than winter. Saturday weddings are most popular; hence weekday weddings can be cheaper.
Each Sydney wedding venue will have its own way of pricing things – which does make it harder to compare options. For example, Sydney restaurants usually set a minimum spend on food and beverage to ensure they can justify exclusive hire for your wedding.
Other venues – especially Sydney ceremony spaces like beaches, parks and gardens – will charge a one-off hire fee. Some Sydney wedding venues like halls and barns work in the same way where you pay a flat hire fee for the space itself – and you bring in your own caterers.
And then there’s the per-head model that Sydney reception centres typically use where you can opt for different packages that vary by duration, quality and quantity of food and beverage.
We make it easy. Here’s how it works:
- Select your dream venue (or a few)
- Reach out to us and let us know what you fancy
- We’ll send you a quote
- You sign a contract with your dream wedding venue!
Whether you’re on the hunt for intimate Sydney wedding venues or large wedding venues; historical wedding venues or Harbourside wedding venues in Sydney, we’ve got you covered. Our Venue Finders have done the often-confusing work to bring you gorgeous wedding venues throughout this iconic city.