Everything You Need to Know About Finding A Sydney Conference Venue
Sydney is a sprawling city with many waterfront hotels and inner-city restaurants. Typically, we recommend first deciding what area of Sydney you’d like to host your conference in before tackling your venue search.
For many corporate event planners, Circular Quay is the primary destination, as many luxury hotels in this area promise sweeping views of Sydney Harbour and easy access to Sydney’s Central Business District.
Here are some tips for finding your Sydney conference venue, straight from our Venue Finders.
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Sort out where your event attendees will need to travel during your multi-day conference
If your conference is a multi-day event spread across multiple venues in Sydney CBD, being within walking distance to the city centre is key. In this case, choosing a conference venue in The Rocks, or Circular Quay will be much appreciated by your guests.
If your conference will mostly take place at one venue, but you know your attendees will want to explore Sydney in their own time, a conference venue in Bondi Beach or Manly Beach may offer a lively option.
- If a central location with sweeping Sydney Harbour views is a priority for your conference venue, you might want to consider a few hotel options with rooftop event spaces. Some popular picks include 55 George at Rydges Sydney Harbour, Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour, and Primus Hotel Sydney.
- If you’d like to take your colleagues to one of Sydney’s unique beachfront suburbs, conference venues in Manly, Bondi Beach, and Double Bay offer gorgeous views and vibrant nightlife. In this case, we’d suggest InterContinental Double Bay, or if you don’t require hotel accommodation, a more casual conference venue like Zest Waterfront Venues The Beachouse at Point Piper might be your top pick.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Factor in Sydney’s many luxury accommodation options.
- If more than ten of your conference attendees will require overnight accommodation, booking a conference venue with accommodation will likely be your top priority. In this case, our Venue Finders can easily talk you through the best Sydney hotel options for business travellers based on your group’s specific requirements.
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Take Sydney transportation into consideration.
- Sydney’s transport options are aplenty, including Sydney Metro, buses, ferries, light rail, taxis, and rideshares. Because the city is quite spread out, transportation for your delegates is a top priority for many corporate event planners.
- Will any attendees fly to attend your Sydney conference? If so, selecting a venue that’s easily accessible to the airport may be a consideration. Many of the Sydney CBD luxury hotels are within a 20- to 30-minute drive of the airport.
Venue Finder Tip No. 4: Go for the venue with the best all-around experience.
- If your top three priorities are plush accommodation, easy access for your delegates, and excellent service, one of Sydney’s five-star hotel venues is likely going to be the best fit for your event.
- If your top three conference venue priorities are un-stuffy rooms, delicious food and drink, and presenting the laidback Sydney lifestyle to your guests, a boutique venue might be your best option. In this case, you can book accommodation separately.
Venue Finder Tip No. 5: Contact our Venue Finders to make selecting a venue quick.
Whether you’re a professional event planner or an admin tasked with planning this corporate function, our Venue Finders will happily step in and help make the venue selection process quick and easy. They’re well versed in all aspects of planning a conference, and can take your specific requirements into consideration to find the best venue for your corporate event.