Crown Melbourne(3 Reviews) ·
8, Whiteman Street, Southbank, Victoria, 3006, Australia
The luxurious resort gives you more than one reason to celebrate your wedding day here. A picturesque riverside location only minutes from Melbourne’s Central Business District – Crown Melbourne offers incredibly easy access. Coupled with uninterrupted views of the city’s urban panorama and luxurious accommodation options, the property also provides style and convenience for international and interstate guests.
The Scene at Crown Melbourne
Since opening its doors in 1997, Crown Melbourne has garnered an iconic status. With three award-winning hotels – the opulent Crown Towers, contemporary Crown Metropol and the relaxed Crown Promenade – guests are treated to an unmatched mix of luxury, entertainment and hospitality.
Weddings at Crown Melbourne range in size – from intimate ceremonies for 80 guests to lavish cocktail receptions for up to 2500. Cultural weddings are also popular at Crown. Each wedding venue has its own individual charm and aesthetic appeal. Combined with stunning outdoor views and stylish interiors, Crown Melbourne ensures a memorable backdrop for an unforgettable city wedding.
Crown Melbourne Wedding Ceremonies
At Crown Melbourne, five elegant and stylish wedding ceremony locations are available – Crown Aviary, Palladium, Garden Room, River Room and Promenade Poom.
Crown Aviary, which is located on the level 3 rooftop of Crown Towers, provides an exceptional combination of a landscaped outdoor area and an enclosed seating space. Around 300 guests can be comfortably hosted here for a breathtaking ceremony with spectacular city views. All other event rooms offer modern and luxurious indoor settings, some with floor-to-ceiling windows that help bring the outdoor views in.
Each of these spaces can be booked exclusively for just the ceremony. If you’re looking for a smaller and more intimate venue for up to 100 guests, the Garden Room is apt. We recommend starting your research on venue options here. Speak with the events team if you’re looking to make special bookings for your bridal party.
Crown Melbourne Wedding Receptions
Wedding receptions at Crown Melbourne are a lavish affair, and you’ll have both indoor and outdoor venue options to choose from.
Crown Aviary provides a one-of-a-kind rooftop experience for your wedding reception. It has an open landscaped decking area on one side and an enclosed area for seated dinners on the other. As the sun goes down and the city lights up, you and your guests are treated to spectacular city views, creating stunning opportunities for photography. Crown Aviary, in partnership with Dann Event Hire, works towards styling and furnishing your event to match your preferences.
You’ll also have access to state-of-the-art lighting and sound courtesy Encore Event Technologies to lend drama and vibrancy to your evening. The space is ideal for 550 guests in a cocktail-style reception or 400 guests in a seated dinner. Wedding packages at this venue start from $185 per person.
Palladium at Crown is Australia’s largest hotel ballroom. It offers an opulent setting complete with custom-designed carpets, elegant wall panelling, high ceilings, LED lighting and a cutting-edge sound system for a sumptuous wedding reception. A versatile event space – it can be arranged to suit all wedding sizes. Palladium can comfortably host up to 2500 guests in a cocktail reception or 800 guests in a seated dinner. Wedding packages at the Palladium start from $165 per person.
The River Room offers beautiful views of Yarra River and the city skyline through expansive floor-to-ceiling windows. A wedding reception with 220 guests for a banquet-style dinner is ideal at this venue. What’s more, the room can be easily reconfigured to craft a more intimate setting. During summers, guests are allowed access to a stylish private balcony to enjoy drinks and canapés along with views of the cityscape and Crown’s signature flame towers.
Host an intimate reception in the Garden Room for up to 80 guests in a banquet-style setting. The room is naturally-lit and provides a modern and sophisticated environment for your special day.
The Promenade Room in the Crown Promenade Hotel provides an elegant backdrop for 600 guests in a cocktail reception or 300 guests in a seated dinner. Plus, you have access to a dancefloor and a private bridal dressing room. Wedding packages are available from $165 per person.
Crown Melbourne provides packages for Classic, Indian, Kosher and Asian weddings. Work with the hotel’s in-house event specialists and wedding planners to create a custom package aligned with your needs. A wedding package also includes complimentary accommodation for the couple on their wedding night at Crown Towers. If you have booked the Promenade wedding package, an overnight stay in one of the rooms at Crown Promenade is included. Ask the event’s team for special discounts for your guests.
Wedding Photography Near Crown Melbourne
Some of the most popular wedding photography locations near Crown Melbourne are:
- Parliament House
- South Melbourne Town Hall
- Melbourne University
- Victoria Barracks
- Royal Botanic Gardens
Wedding Venue Details
Spaces At This Venue
Palladium at Crown
2050sqm / 22066sqft
As versatile as it is showstopping, Australia’s largest hotel ballroom is the Palladium at Crown. With endless configuration options, including classroom, banquet, theatre and dinner with dancing, Palladium events can range from 100 to a generous 2500 in a cocktail reception of the entire ballroom. Striking features of the Palladium include bespoke carpets, state-of-the-art lighting and AV, and luxury fittings.
Offering a memorable outdoor setting with views of the glittering Melbourne skyline – Crown Aviary is an expansive event space suitable for 550 guests in a standing event or 400 guests in a banquet-style event. The level 3 rooftop space of Crown Towers is equipped with heating and air conditioning facilities to ensure comfort and convenience for guests. Designed in partnership with Dann Event Hire, the venue offers an enclosed event area for dining as well as a landscaped outdoor space. It comes with custom-built bathroom facilities, a dressing room and cloakroom.
468sqm / 5038sqft
With light-filled and elegantly-appointed interiors, River Room offers a stunning canvas to design your next event. Floor-to-ceiling windows along the entire length of the room provide breathtaking views of the city skyline. River Room can be partitioned into three distinct spaces or used as one continuous space. It comfortably accommodates between 150-220 guests. The room is connected to a private balcony that offers views of Crown's signature flame towers.
192sqm / 2067sqft
The Garden Room is a versatile event space with fresh, modern and light-filled interiors. Overlooking Yarra River, the venue is ideal for 80 guests in a seated setting. Alternatively, it can also be partitioned into three versatile function areas. The room features plush custom carpeting, wall panelling and neutral tones. The venue is popularly used for breakfast presentations, conferences and awards ceremonies.
Crown Melbourne Catering
Crown Melbourne’s delicious wedding and events menus can be attributed to Executive Chef Kelly Jackson. Kelly has a multicultural and modern approach to cooking and uses locally-sourced and seasonal ingredients to bring his menus to life. Accommodating a variety of tastes and cultural preferences, some of the popular cuisines available include Indian, Asian, Kosher and Australian.
The venue can also accommodate dietary requirements like vegetarian, vegan, low-gluten or lactose intolerant – for no additional charge. For religious requests like Kosher or Halal meals, expect a surcharge of 25% per person.
Highlights of Catering at Crown Melbourne:
- Full-service catering and bar services
- Halal and Kosher meals available
- Five hour Crown Reserve beverage package
- Vegetarian, vegan and low-gluten options available
- Plated meals and buffet menu options
- Children’s menus available
CLASSIC WEDDING MENU
The classic menu is inclusive of one entrée, alternating main course and one dessert, assorted bread rolls, freshly brewed coffee, a selection of teas and chocolates.
- Grilled tiger prawn and kale salad, cucumber mango salsa, crisp Asian spices
- Tiger prawn and lobster cocktail, spiced cognac dressing, ruby grapefruit, avruga caviar
- Blue swimmer crab, prawn and avocado, fennel lavoche crisp, pink grapefruit and cucumber salsa
- Seared beef carpaccio, tomato artichoke bruschetta, grain mustard aioli, basil and parmesan
- Sesame crusted salmon tataki, spring onion, creamy lemon dressing, crisp shallots, micro coriander
- Cured and lightly smoked Hiramasa kingfish, snow pea and edamame salad, Yarra Valley caviar, yuzu dressing
- Eggplant and spinach ravioli, pesto cream, semi dried cherry tomatoes, micro basil*
- Slow cooked lamb loin, caramelised onion and eggplant crisp, beans, zucchini, smoked feta
- Tiger prawn and calamari risotto, zucchini, preserved lemon, baby coriander
* Denotes vegetarian dishes
- Pan Fried Fish Fillet, with sweet and sour chilli sauce, kalian, black sesame rice
- Petuna Ocean Trout, with nikiri soy, mango wasabi salsa, crispy rice, enoki mushrooms and kale
- Honey Roasted Free Range Chicken Breast, celeriac puree, bok choi, pickled red cabbage, caramelised fig sauce
- Oven Roasted Free Range Chicken Breast, parmesan gnocchi, baby spinach, porcini cream, salsa verde
- Pan Seared Beef Tenderloin, parsnip mash, confit carrot, baby king brown mushrooms, rosemary infused jus
- Slow Roasted Riverine Whole Beef Tenderloin, pumpkin puree, confit potato, charred broccoli, pinot reduction
- Herb Crusted Lamb Loin, carrot caraway puree, confit grilled shallots, crisp potato, redcurrant jus
- Pan Seared Milk Fed Veal Cutlet, parmesan potato gratin, roasted pumpkin, caramelised sprouts, crushed green peppercorn sauce
- Roast Duck Breast, parsnip puree, Desiree potato, carrot and turnip, casis infused jus
- Oven Roasted Highland Pork Chop, orzo pasta and parmesan risotto, apple pimento chutney
- Trio of Strawberry, strawberry cremeux, yoghurt strawberry tart, strawberry parfait
- Chocolate Cherry Slice whipped cream, griottines liquor coulis
- Tropical Pavlova, coconut mousse, mango gel, rum soaked sponge, meringue sticks
- Warm Chocolate Fondant, Grand Marnier parfait, whipped aneo ganache, seasonal berries
- Raspberry Yoghurt Mousse, raspberry jelly, coconut dacquoise, vanilla shortbread
- White Chocolate Namalaka, raspberry crisp, lychee popping pearls, pistachio micro sponge
DAY DELEGATE PACKAGE
Sample Southeast Asian Buffet
Half day – $106.00 | Full Day $116.00
- Two Cold Dishes
- Five Hot Dishes
- One Sweet Item
- Seasonal sliced fruit
- Includes a variety of soft drinks, tea and coffee
- Green papaya salad*
- Spicy seafood glass noodle salad
- Vietnamese noodle soup with fresh chilli and coriander
- Stir-fried beef and black bean with green peppers and coriander
- Thai green chicken curry with rice
- Steamed jasmine rice*
- Steamed Asian greens in light oyster sauce
- Coconut mango pudding*
Served with freshly brewed coffee and selection of teas.
Please select any one item from the items below for each break:
- Assortment of mini muffins*
- Assorted Danish pastries*
- Warm apple turnovers*
- Superfood slice*
- American donuts*
- Butter croissant, pain au chocolat, almond croissant*
- Banana bread, maple walnut crust*
- Ham and gruyere cheese croissants
- Chicken and avocado multigrain roll, feta cheese
- Individual berry yoghurt with toasted crumble*
- Beef and onion pies
- Steamed chicken char sui buns
- Egg and bacon bites
- Shepherds pie
- Sausage rolls
- Mushroom, spinach and burrata pastry strudel*
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Butter chicken samosas
- Fruit salad cups*
- Spinach and feta muffins*
- Traditional and fruit scones served with jam and vanilla cream*
- Blueberry friand*
- Red velvet cupcakes*
- Hazelnut praline choux*
- Lemon poppy seed cake*
- Chocolate caramel slice*
- Assorted lamington roulade*
- To replace any morning or afternoon tea item with our smoothie bar – $3 per person
- To add on to your morning tea or afternoon tea item our smoothie bar – $8 per person
*Denotes vegetarian dishesDownload Brochure
- Crown Flame Towers
- Crown Casino
- SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
- Yarra River
- Polly Woodside
- Gradi at Crown
- The Atlantic Restaurant
- Merrywell Bar and Dining
Beaitiful setting on the river overlooking the city.
The complex runs alongside the Yarra River so many restaurants offer fantastic views, especially at night […] just soak up the atmosphere and impressive view.
Nate Teague ·
Gorgeous! Beautiful and welcoming staff. The room and view from our room is sensational. […] Highly recommend!
Adriana L ·
Frequently Asked Questions
Weddings at Crown Melbourne start from $165 per person. Minimum spends apply.
Crown Melbourne can comfortably accommodate intimate weddings with 80 guests to large-scale receptions of up to 2500.
Crown Melbourne offers couples oodles of flexibility to decide how they want to plan their wedding day. While many choose to host an intimate event, others opt to go all out and celebrate with hundreds of guests. Couples can work with Crown’s in-house events team to create their bespoke wedding package. They’ll also have access to the services of the property’s wedding planners to ensure no detail is overlooked. Crown Melbourne offers packages for Indian, Asian, Classic and Kosher weddings.
Crown Melbourne offers luxurious accommodation for guests attending events at the property. Choose from three hotels – Crown Towers, Crown Promenade and Crown Metropol. Room prices start from $259.
There are two car parks on-site with over 5000 parking spaces. Valet parking is also available.
Menus are innovative, seasonal and feature local ingredients. The catering team can accommodate a variety of cuisines and preferences, including Indian, Asian, Kosher & Australian. Children’s menus are also available.
Crown Melbourne is located in the Southbank precinct and only a short stroll from Melbourne’s Central Business District. The tram stop is a quick 3-minute walk away and connects to all major train stations in the city. You could also book rideshare to the venue. Parking is available on-site.
Download our Wedding Packages & Pricing
Get information about our package options, pricing, facilities and much more!
Southbank, Victoria, 3006
Metropolis is an iconic Melbourne wedding venue with the best views of the city skyline & Yarra River on display through towering window walls.
Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
Hosting your wedding at this luxury hotel wedding venue in the heart of Melbourne CBD is a thing of beauty. At Grand Hyatt, you can have the private mansion-style wedding you've always pictured.