Popular Gala Dinner Venues London
Corporate gala dinners are grand affairs and it can be daunting to know which London venue will create the atmosphere you’re after. Thankfully, you’ve landed in the right location. We’ve curated a collection of awe-inspiring London gala dinner venues whatever your tastes and preferences. From museums and heritage banqueting halls to palace ballrooms and modern industrial spaces, reach out to our VenueCrew for their expert assistance with gala dinner venues in London.
113 Chancery Lane113 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1PL 5.0
In the heart of central London, 113 Chancery Lane is an elegant, sophisticated, and grand 19th-century event venue.
- Exquisitely decorated with stained glass windows and original candle chandeliers
- Exclusive use of the grade II listed Georgian building for your wedding day
- Outstanding catering provided by CH&CO Venues
116 Pall Mall116 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5ED 5.0
Five floors of exquisite event venues await at 116 Pall Mall in central London. Here, you can host a party in what feels like your own private museum.
- One of London’s most prestigious locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions
- Renowned for its opulent decor, period charm and first-class service
- Georgian venue dating back to the early 1820s with unique period features
8 Northumberland Avenue8 Northumberland Avenue, London, WC2N 5BY 5.0
8 Northumberland Avenue London is a luxury events venue housed in a stunning Grade II listed building, moments from Trafalgar Square.
- Grand ballroom space in the heart of Central London
- Grade II listed building with towering ceilings and impressive chandeliers
- Feels like your very own private palace
Banking HallCornhill, London, EC3V 3ND 5.0
Camm & Hooper’s Banking Hall London is a stunning Art Deco venue for large capacity events with the wow factor.
- Grand, historic setting with an old world atmosphere
- Bespoke catering and packages through event experts Camm & Hooper
- Awesome central London location surrounded by wedding photo opportunities
Banqueting House LondonWhitehall, London, SW1A 2ER 5.0
17th-century murals decorate the ceilings overhead at Banqueting House, an iconic London event venue with all the trimmings of a royal dining hall.
- Truly spectacular venue in London with capacity for 500 guests
- Licensed for civil ceremonies in the stunning Main Hall and Undercroft
- Afternoon and evening hire available
Belair House5 Gallery Road, London, SE21 7AB 5.0
Belair House is a grand Georgian manse surrounded by gardens and parkland — perfect for any event that spans both indoors and out.
- Traditional manor house wedding venue surrounded by gardens and parkland
- Fully licensed for civil wedding ceremonies in the first-floor ballroom
- Convenient location on the edge of London in peaceful Dulwich
Butchers’ Hall London87 Bartholomew Close, London, EC1A 7EB 5.0
Butchers’ Hall London is an elegant and traditional livery hall venue that’s available for private functions, weddings, and meetings in the heart of the city.
- Historic livery hall with five versatile event spaces
- Spectacular Great Hall with opulent interiors
- Impressive rooftop garden terrace overlooking Central London
Century Club London61-63 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 6LQ 5.0
Century Club is home to Soho's largest rooftop event space, a lively open-plan terrace with dangling greenery, a retractable roof and big city views.
- Exclusive private members club for civil ceremonies and chic wedding receptions
- Four floors of event spaces, including a large rooftop terrace
- Exquisite interior and decor including exposed brickwork and floor-to-ceiling windows
Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch335-337 Old Street, London, EC1V 9LL 5.0
Set in the arts hub of Shoreditch, Courthouse Hotel is a luxury 5-star hotel that hosts glamorous weddings and events in its cool, modern event space.
- Sought-after destination for romantic and glamorous weddings in London
- Expansive open-air sky terrace with spectacular London views
- Located in the artistic epicentre of Central London
Cutty SarkKing William Walk, London, SE10 9HT 5.0
The only place in the world where events can be held under the hull of a ship, Cutty Sark Greenwich is a maritime event venue that's full of surprises.
- One of London's most striking wedding venues
- Stunning location in the Maritime Greenwich UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Four elegant event spaces of varying sizes with two rooms licensed for civil ceremonies
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to London Gala Dinner Venues
Are you planning a spellbinding corporate dinner to celebrate your company’s annual success? Or a charity fundraiser with evening entertainment and performances? There are a variety of gala dinner venues in London, where you can go all out with the production and decorations. Our VenueCrew know the best spots in the city to get all your colleagues, teammates and friends together to make a night to remember. Reach out to VenueCrew today, and we’ll make the searching process easy.
Suppose you’d like a daytime event, with spectacular views over rolling green lawns. In that case, we’d highly recommend the Hurlingham Club in Fulham. Its vast Palm Court event space has a domed glass roof and a light and airy feel. Your guests will be treated to the superb in-house catering, whilst enjoying views of the 42-acre estate. To find out more info, head to the Hurlingham Club venue profile.
For a more classical ballroom style, the Waldorf Hilton in the heart of the West End. The glamorous Palm Court event space brims with character and once appeared as the set for the original Titanic movie. Your London gala reception could be hosted in this large space, followed by a banquet in the Adelphi Suite. To view images and pricing information, download the Waldorf Hilton event brochure.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Event Centres Have All The Technology You Need
Across London, there are plenty of large reception venues that specialise in immaculate events. From spotlights to colour washes and large projector screens, some venues have everything you need to host a spectacular occasion. They are perfect for grand gala dinners with speeches and dancing on into the night.
For example, The Royal Horticultural Halls has a huge Edwardian event space where anything is possible. Lindley Hall streams with natural light through its stunning glass ceiling during the daytime, and up to 450 guests can enjoy the area until 2am the next day. Later in the evening, the built-in AV equipment will get you all in the party spirit. Have a look at how you can transform the space by checking out the Royal Horticultural Halls event brochure.
Another large events venue in the City of London is The Brewery. Its vast Porter Tun Room is an excellent option for large gala dinners. There is a built-in raised area which is perfect for a stage, and the exposed beams overhead can be wrapped in fairy lights to create an unmissable atmosphere. The Brewery’s expert events team have also handled countless creative events, from large Asian weddings to midsized corporate events. To uncover more details, click through to The Brewery venue profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: LED Lighting Can Make All The Difference
To turn up the atmosphere at your gala dinner venue, installing some effective lights can make all the difference. It will help enhance your theme and separate the evening into different stages, from the speeches to dining and dancing. While some venues are a blank canvas for you to design, there are also some with lights built-in.
Take the Grand Connaught Rooms in Holborn. The Great Hall is an enchanting ballroom with 42-foot arched ceilings and crystal chandeliers. From your phone, you can operate the colour wash of the lights on the ceiling. From purple and pink to a soft golden glow, you can transform the room at the touch of a button. To find out more details, visit the Grand Connaught Rooms venue profile.
Near Hyde Park, The Royal Lancaster is another exceptional events venue and luxury hotel that has been hosting sensational occasions for 50 years. The Westbourne Suite, in particular, has state-of-the-art ceiling LED lights and a Bose sound system. It’s an exceptional ballroom that can cater for up to 1200 people, and the room splits into four areas to suit your desired guest count. For more information and to book your viewing, visit The Royal Lancaster’s profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Call VenueCrew For A Free Consultation
Finding a unique setting for any event is tricky, let alone a gala dinner venue in London. When you have a lot to juggle, it can be easier to delegate the search to a professional who has an understanding of the London venue scene and how to sift through the options quickly. At VenueCrew, our trained London Venue Specialists know all the fine print to help you make an informed decision. We’ll listen to your requirements and desired style of venue, and point you in the right direction. Call a London Venue Specialist today. to have your free consultation.
Found the perfect location for your Australian outdoor wedding? If not, get in touch today. Our amazing Venue Specialists will match you with a list of the best outdoor wedding
Frequently Asked Questions
VenueCrew knows the best gala dinner venues in London. Here’s how it works:
- Write down your event requirements, preferred date, and guest number
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew London Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes and book you in to view your favourite gala dinner venues
- You confirm your date, send out the invites, and start planning the event logistics
For a luxurious gala dinner in central London, The Kimpton Fitzroy London is a famous party spot with a ballroom that has a private cloakroom and street entrance. One Marylebone is another remarkable events space on an island near to Regents Park. Its former chapel altar now makes room for an unforgettable dancefloor. Or, for a regal themed gala dinner, Banqueting House has a spectacular hall with an exquisite ceiling mural by Peter Paul Rubens. On the lower floor, there is also a cellar space where you can create an exciting pre-dinner reception.