How to Find a London Hotel Wedding Venue that Feels Authentic and Personal
London is home to hundreds of stunning hotel wedding venues: There are modern urban hotels with rooftop venues, or traditional hotel settings with glittering chandeliers and huge ballrooms, just to name a few.
Essentially, it’s all about staying true to your style and making sure the hotel has all the facilities you need to create a flawless wedding day celebration. Luckily, our Venue Specialists know London’s hotel scene inside out, so they can make recommendations that capture the atmosphere you’re hoping to create.
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Focus on the London Suburbs That Work for Your Vision
- If you’d like a religious ceremony near your hotel reception, some of the most historic churches are in the City of London. Some lucky couples may have the chance to marry in the colossal St Paul’s Cathedral if you have an approved connection. Either way, this heritage landmark is a worthwhile visit for your wedding guests. Other great visitor attractions in the area include Buckingham Palace and The Shard.
- Some couples dream of marrying close to the River Thames, and there are a beautiful array of waterfront hotels in Westminster. The location is perfect for scenic photography with the notable landmarks of Big Ben and the London Eye in the background.
- World-renowned luxury hotels line the prestigious Park Lane in Mayfair, as well as the desirable village locales of Kensington and Chelsea and Marylebone. Famous film stars, musicians and members of the royal family are known to frequent these A-list event spaces. You simply can’t go wrong with a 5-star hotel wedding venue that’s brought to life by leading interior designers and experienced hospitality professionals.
- In East London, there’s a variety of up-and-coming boroughs that boast the latest design-led hotels. For contemporary hotel inspiration, it’s worth checking out the areas of Hackney and Islington.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Browse the Luxury Hotel Accommodation Perks
- The great thing about hiring a hotel event space is the convenience of having a London wedding venue with accommodation on-site. Our Venue Specialists may be able to arrange a group discount when you book a room block for your London wedding.
- To make things easier, some luxury hotels provide bespoke wedding websites for couples, making all guest communications readily available to access at any time.
- Your wedding package might even include a complimentary honeymoon suite for the newlyweds, so you’ll have a luxurious room to retreat to after dancing the night away.
- To find out all the perks, discounts and hotel room facilities, you can speak with one of our experienced Venue Finders. We’ll be able to secure a place for your bridal party to get ready and a stylish suite to rest up after an unforgettable day of celebrations.
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Take London Transportation into Consideration
- Have you thought about the transport options to and from your London luxury hotel wedding venue? Will guests take a tube, train, car, boat or a quintessential Double Decker bus? Have a solid plan of action to ensure everyone can make it on time.
- Parking is relatively limited in central London, so this is a factor to plan around. Some hotels have a parking lot on-site and valet attendants, while others have partnered with local car parks that offer special rates for guests. VenueCrew can help you find a solution.
- What about international guests arriving from abroad? To make their journey as seamless as possible, you could look into sorting group transportation from the airport.
Venue Finder Tip No. 4: What Kind of Catering is on the Cards?
- Luxury hotel wedding venues commonly have an in-house chef with the experience and culinary flair to cater to all kinds of events. Whether you’d like an intimate meal with your closest family or a large cultural wedding with hundreds of guests, they’ll be well equipped to handle any scale of wedding reception.
- The hotel’s in-house catering team may invite you to a private food tasting after you’ve confirmed your wedding booking. A tasting is your chance to go through the menu in detail and discuss all specific dietary requirements with the chef.
- London hotel venues often partner with reputable Asian caterers for Indian weddings and high quality kosher caterers for Jewish weddings, allowing you the most authentic gastronomy that adheres to all religious laws.
- How do you imagine the food service at your wedding? Would you prefer a multi-course plated meal, or roaming canapés and bowl food? It’s essential to get these details down to a tee to help you pick the best London hotel wedding venue for you.
Venue Finder Tip No. 5: Define Your Style
Every London hotel wedding venue has a story of its own. From the moment you walk in, you’ll feel an ambience that could be just right for your wedding day. Our Venue Specialists have spent a lot of time picking out the best hotels in town, so they’ll be able to find you the perfect match.
- You could choose a 5-star hotel wedding venue with a ballroom, flawless service and all the little details that will exceed your expectations. Some of our most popular ballrooms are at The Kimpton Fitzroy, The Waldorf Hilton and The Langham London.
- You could opt for a London luxury hotel wedding venue with an open-air rooftop, such as South Place Hotel or Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch. They are perfect for those enviable summer receptions overlooking the city skyline.
- What about a boutique hotel wedding venue, for an ultra-exclusive atmosphere. L’oscar in Holborn is a go-to for a flamboyant wedding in London’s theatreland.
- There are also some extravagant London hotel wedding venues with royal connections. The Mandarin Oriental hosted Prince William and Kate’s engagement party, and Claridge’s was the setting for Prince Philip and Diana’s wedding reception.
- Private members’ club hotels are another excellent option for chic city weddings. The In & Out and The Ned showcase a perfect mix of historic interiors with modern amenities.
Venue Finder Tip No. 6: Ask an Expert
There are countless websites online with tips and tricks for planning your perfect wedding day, but imagine having a friendly face you can call or email when you need information quickly? That’s what we’re here for — VenueCrew knows how tricky it can be to get hold of a venue when it’s overwhelmed with enquiries. Our expert Venue Specialists will make your wedding venue search process as seamless as possible.