Popular Waterview Venues London
Whether you’re a fast paced couple that adores the bustling London city or prefer to unplug in charming country air, the iconic River Thames offers the best of either setting with a plethora of waterview and waterfront wedding venues in London. From unique yachts and rustic riverside barns to chic garden function centres and magnificent museums, let our Venue Finders suggest the perfect London waterview wedding venue matched to your style, budget and guest count.
Belair House5 Gallery Road, London, SE21 7AB 5.0
A traditional manor house wedding venue in West Dulwich, Belair House is surrounded by rose gardens and endless wedding photo backdrops.
- Traditional manor house wedding venue surrounded by gardens and parkland
- Fully licensed for civil wedding ceremonies in the first-floor ballroom
- Convenient location on the edge of London in peaceful Dulwich
Cutty SarkKing William Walk, London, SE10 9HT 5.0
Rich in history, style and unique details, Cutty Sark is one of London's most striking wedding venues, right at the gateway to the Maritime Greenwich UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- One of London's most striking wedding venues
- Stunning location in the Maritime Greenwich UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Four elegant event spaces of varying sizes with two rooms licensed for civil ceremonies
Duck & Waffle110 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AY 5.0
Perched on the 40th floor of 110 Bishopsgate in London – Duck & Waffle offers couples a luxurious wedding ambience complete with unparalleled hospitality and spectacular city views.
- Luxurious wedding venue on the 40th floor of 110 Bishopsgate in London
- Breathtaking views and incomparable hospitality
- Naturally-lit venue with chic interior design
Greenwich Yacht Club1 Peartree Way, London, SE10 0BW 5.0
Greenwich Yacht Club is an elegant waterfront wedding venue on London's River Thames, offering stunning panoramic river views and stylish, light-filled event spaces.
- Picturesque waterfront venue offering spectacular views of the River Thames
- Choice of two light and spacious function rooms
- The Yacht Club’s Main Hall is licensed to host ceremonies
Marsha London56 Upper Ground, London, SE1 9PP 5.0
Marsha offers couples a unique wedding experience complete with chic indoor and outdoor spaces, floor-to-ceiling glass, and stunning river views.
- Optimal location just ten minutes from central London
- Stunning indoor and outdoor spaces
- Spectacular riverside views
Morden Hall21 Morden Hall Road, London, SM4 5JD 5.0
Morden Hall is a spectacular 18th-century country house wedding venue situated amidst 125 acres of picturesque National Trust parkland in South London.
- 18th-century country house venue nestled amid lush parklands
- Exclusive venue hire for weddings and special events
- An array of stunning, light-filled event spaces
National Maritime MuseumRomney Road, London, SE10 9NF 5.0
Set in Greenwich Park by the River Thames, The National Maritime Museum mixes heritage & modern architecture to create a timeless wedding setting.
- Unique museum wedding venue home to over 500,000 maritime artefacts
- Beautiful views of the River Thames and Greenwich Park
- Alfresco receptions beneath the colonnades in summer
Old Billingsgate London16 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6DX 5.0
Old Billingsgate's exceptional wedding venues include an arch-ceilinged vault, a grand hall, and an alfresco terrace — all gorgeous backdrops.
- Victorian Grade II listed building with three unique event spaces
- Central London city location on the River Thames
- Industrial architecture and design with exposed brickwork and arching beams
Shangri-La The Shard London31 Saint Thomas Street, London, SE1 9QU 5.0
Shangri-La The Shard is a luxurious five-star hotel wedding venue with a stunning ballroom overlooking the iconic London skyline.
- Luxury five-star hotel housed within the iconic Shard building
- Unparalleled views of London’s most famous landmarks
- Contemporary and elegant function spaces
SUSHISAMBA London Heron Tower110 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AY 5.0
Host your wedding reception in one the City’s most unique venues: SUSHISAMBA London Heron Tower, where style, creativity, glamour, inventive cuisine and some of the best views in London reign.
- Unique wedding venue on the 38th and 39th floor of London Heron Tower
- Boasting some of the best views in the City
- Striking contemporary interiors with stylish décor
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to London Waterview Wedding Venues
The Thames is a legendary river that lies at the heart of London. It’s become a cherished part of the city’s personality, and no wonder it’s a popular backdrop for London weddings. From Royal palaces to lively pub restaurants, a characterful selection of wedding venues lines this famous waterway. VenueCrew has visited and handpicked the very best of the bunch to showcase to prospective brides and grooms.
Take The Hurlingham Club in Fulham. This historic waterfront private members’ club has been around for centuries, and it’s become a prestigious institution. The significant part is, you don’t have to be a member to enjoy the 42 acres and gorgeous range of wedding spaces available. The couple can also make a grand boat entrance via the jetty on the River Thames.
For an unusual waterfront setting, couples love The Dickens Inn in Tower Hill. This riverfront pub venue looks like a fairytale setting. Complete with exposed beams, cosy pub furniture and hanging baskets outside, it’s a sensational space set in St Katherines Dock. From the wedding venue, you can admire the yachts docked in the marina and the iconic Tower Bridge in the distance. For more information, download The Dickens Inn brochure.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Greenwich Venues Look Over The River Thames
In East London, Greenwich is an underrated beauty that’s home to some gorgeous waterfront wedding venues. Known for its significant maritime history, the Royal Museums Greenwich venues fall under a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Such venues include The Cutty Sark, an antique tea clipper that’s now a remarkable events centre. You can dine and dance beneath its giant copper-clad hull. See for yourselves on the downloadable Cutty Sark wedding brochure.
Nearby, the lush lawns of Greenwich Park lead to the beautiful white mansion called Queen’s House. Built by the acclaimed architect Inigo Jones, its design is a 17th-century masterpiece. Drinks receptions can be held outside on the lawn overlooking the River Thames, or inside in the Great Hall on its striking monochrome tiles. To look into pricing and wedding packages, visit the Queen’s House venue profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: Canary Wharf Is Set On The Isle Of Dog’s Riverfront
The Isle of Dogs is famously known as London’s financial business district. It’s brimming with high rise skyscrapers, beautifully maintained walkways and stellar views of the River Thames. If you’d like a non-touristy destination to enjoy your wedding celebrations, this area of London is tranquil on weekends. It’s a peaceful waterfront destination for weddings.
East Wintergarden in Canary Wharf is a winner for Asian weddings and Jewish weddings, due to its large capacity. The huge glass atrium is positioned on the riverfront and allows you to bring in your suppliers and chosen caterer. The sweeping marble floors gleam in the natural daylight, and you can put your stamp on the space. Check out the East Wintergarden wedding brochure for more details.
Another hidden gem in Canary Wharf is the Humble Grape. This modern wine bar is stylish and adaptable to your wedding needs. The friendly team can arrange a bespoke menu and change up the furniture to suit your vision. To book a private viewing and see the stunning waterfront setting, visit the Humble Grape Canary Wharf profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Westminster Has Glorious Waterview Wedding Venues
Westminster is not only home to the capital’s political and Royal headquarters, but it’s also an idyllic waterview wedding destination. Westminster venues are never more than a short stroll away from the River Thames, where you can take stunning wedding photos as newlyweds. Whether you’d like a relaxed riverfront ceremony or a reception in a historical building, VenueCrew can pick out the perfect Westminster venue for you .
One of the most highly recommended wedding venues in Westminster is One Whitehall Place at The Royal Horseguards. This luxury waterview hotel and specialised events centre has an expert team and a range of magnificent wedding spaces to hire exclusively. Our favourite is the Gladstone Library, which has hundreds of book replicas around the outer walls and impressive columns that rise to the tall ceilings. To book your private viewing, head to the One Whitehall Place at The Royal Horseguards venue profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 4: Call VenueCrew For A Free Consultation
If you’re not from London, or it’s your first time planning a big event, then it’s handy to have a great team by your side. They can take away the pressure, and make the wedding planning more straightforward. VenueCrew is London’s trusted venue finding service. After a free phone call consultation, we’ll create a list of handpicked waterfront wedding venues that fit your requirements. Get in touch with a London Venue Specialist to start your search.
Frequently Asked Questions
VenueCrew knows the best waterfront wedding venues in London. Here’s how it works:
- Write down your wedding requirements, preferred date, and guest number
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew London Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes and book you in to view your favourite riverfront venues
- You confirm your date, send out the invites, and start planning the wedding details