Choosing the perfect venue can be tricky, especially when there are so many factors to consider: Can it fit all of your guests? Is it wheelchair accessible? What about the
Popular Waterfront Venues Sydney
From Manly to Mosman; The Rocks to Rose Bay, many couples dream of a waterfront wedding, and thankfully, there are endless options for Sydney waterfront wedding venues. Whether you desire sweeping vistas of the harbour from a rooftop or enviable ocean views through floor-to-ceiling windows, Sydney waterfront wedding venues are uniquely scenic and sure to wow your guests. Contact our Venue Finders today for their expert venue advice .
55 George Street Rooftop at Rydges Sydney Harbour
The Rocks, New South Wales, 2000
At 55 George, you can host your wedding ceremony on the rooftop overlooking Sydney Harbour and celebrate poolside with sweeping city skyline views.
From $5000 Minimum Spend
The Langham, Sydney
Sydney, New South Wales, 2000
Located in The Rocks, The Langham, Sydney offers a glamorous ballroom wedding venue with panoramic views of Sydney Harbour. The gorgeous hotel suites and in-house spa are icing on the cake.
Pier One Sydney
Sydney, New South Wales, 2000
Pier One Walsh Bay Hotel's waterfront wedding venues include a private pier for ceremonies, a clear-walled marquee under Sydney Harbour Bridge and a ballroom with panoramic waterfront views.
Pullman Quay Grand & Hyde Hacienda
Sydney, New South Wales, 2000
Located within Pullman Quay Grand Hotel, Hyde Hacienda is a bright, bold cocktail lounge that doubles as a stylish wedding reception venue with views of Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Dunbar House Sydney
Watsons Bay, New South Wales, 2030
Dunbar House weddings typically take place beneath the large fig tree on the waterfront across the road, followed by an exclusive wedding reception throughout the 19th-century heritage mansion.
InterContinental Sydney Double Bay
Double Bay, New South Wales, 2028
Marry in the French-inspired courtyard before heading into the Grand Ballroom at InterContinental Hotel Sydney Double Bay for an unforgettable five-star hotel wedding with views of Sydney Harbour.
Gunners’ Barracks Sydney
Mosman, New South Wales, 2088
Set in the hills of Mosman, Gunners’ Barracks is a historic sandstone building and heritage wedding venue with a charming courtyard for your ceremony and a waterfront terrace reception space.
Sergeants’ Mess Sydney
Mosman, New South Wales, 2088
Looking for a wedding venue with Sydney Harbour views that also serves amazing food? Sergeants' Mess, with catering by the award-winning Grand Pacific Group, is an absolute stunner.
The Blue Room Bondi
Bondi Beach, New South Wales, 2026
Weddings at The Blue Room Bondi not only take place in a spectacular waterfront wedding venue overlooking Bondi Beach but also feature the very best catering by the award-winning Grand Pacific Group.
Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay
Rushcutters Bay, New South Wales, 2011
Surrounded by gardens, this modern wedding venue includes outdoor terraces, poolside cocktail options and intimate dining space with an alfresco feel.
From $600 Hire Fee
Zest Waterfront Venues Boathouse at The Spit
Mosman, New South Wales, 2088
Delicious food and wine complement the sparkling harbour views at Boathouse at the Spit, a Mosman wedding venue with impeccable style.
Related popular event spaces
A Guide to Finding the Perfect Sydney Waterfront Wedding Venue
Waterfront wedding venues are abundant in Sydney, from the rustic properties with gardens that tumble towards the shore, through to chic rooftop event spaces overlooking Circular Quay and floating wharves in the heart of Watsons Bay. The omnipresence of the water sets a serene and natural backdrop to weddings in Sydney, not to mention the stunning photo opportunities at your fingertips. Our Venue Specialists appreciate what you’ll be looking for when it comes to your dream waterfront wedding. We’re here to provide advice, industry insight and a free customised list of venues that suit your style. Get in touch to receive yours today.
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Hone in on a Sydney Waterfront Neighbourhood
- Would you like a setting where the city meets the sea? In Circular Quay, you’ll retain that cosmopolitan buzz, whilst enjoying peaceful views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. It’s a convenient and idyllic location that guests can easily get to.
- Love the outdoors and acres of greenery? The Royal Botanic Gardens sits on the fringe of the harbour with mesmerising landscaping and panoramic vistas of Sydney Harbour.
- What about a dose of heritage? In The Rocks, charming cobbled streets sprawl out to meet century-old buildings and stellar outlooks over the Walsh Bay and Barangaroo. It’s Sydney’s oldest district, and it has a distinctive air of tranquillity and romance.
- Further west still, the gorgeous Darling Harbour is cherished by couples who want a relaxed and social atmosphere. High-end restaurants and top visitor attractions line the water’s edge like the SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium and the Australian National Maritime Museum. Your wedding guests will want to stay for the entire weekend.
- The Eastern Sydney suburbs are other beachy areas worth looking into, such as the world-renowned Bondi Beach and the sophisticated Watsons Bay and Double Bay. With rolling waves and soft sands as your backdrop, these locations promise coastal bliss.
- North of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and into Mosman is another excellent choice. Here, native bush trails, beautiful beach coves and affluent harbourside towns make it a very desirable location to tie the knot. Get in touch with our Venue Finders to discuss your dream setting and we can do the rest.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Consider Guest Hotel Accommodation
- Need room blocks for your Sydney waterfront wedding? If you have guests that are travelling from other states or international destinations, it’s helpful to book a set of hotel rooms in advance. This will give them peace of mind and all the more reason to take up the invitation to your special event. VenueCrew can help you book rooms with ease.
- From luxury home rentals to hotel accommodation, there is a range of ideas to keep your guests close to the schedule of wedding events. Better still, you’re booking rooms at the wedding venue itself, there are often discounts if you meet a minimum number.
- We find that organising all of the wedding accommodation information on an accessible website makes things easier. Sometimes, the wedding venue can make a custom site for you and provide a discount link so that your guests can book their rooms directly.
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Plan Transportation
- Getting the transportation sorted early on will avoid pitfalls on your wedding day. Navigating Sydney city centre can be a minefield on a busy day, so make sure you give your guests all the information they need to get to the wedding venue on time.
- There are a variety of transportation options: private boats, ferries, trains, taxis or party buses. Let your guests know where the nearest stations and bus stops are, or where the pick-up location is if you’re arranging group transportation to and from Sydney airport.
- On-site parking is always a bonus for drivers and some Sydney hotel wedding venues can provide valet parking to guarantee a 5-star experience from start to finish.
- If you want to go along with the waterfront theme, you could arrange a boat tour around the harbour to kick off the celebrations. Your wedding photographer will be able to take some unforgettable shots of you and your guests with the ocean horizon as a backdrop.
Venue Finder Tip No. 4: Focus on the Food and Wine Experience
- What kind of catering do you imagine serving at your Sydney wedding? Do you want to go along with the seafront theme and set up sushi stations, gourmet fish and chips inspired canapés or a sitdown feast that features the fresh catch of the day? If you have something in mind, chat to the head chef to see if they can work to your creative brief.
- Wine connoisseurs will want to make sure their wine list is perfectly paired with the dishes on the menu. At your tasting, think about what drinks go best with the food and don’t be afraid to ask for other options if you’d like to introduce something different.
- Dietary requirements are paramount to maintain good health and safety at your Sydney wedding. Ask guests to share any dietaries on their RSVPs, and pass it onto the chefs.
Venue Finder Tip No. 5: Select a Waterfront Wedding Venue Style
There are all kinds of Sydney wedding venues on the waterfront and so finding the right fit can be a time-consuming and tiring process. Here are some quick venue ideas to get you in the mood for starting your search:
- Taking pride of place in the heart of the harbour at Circular Quay, you might want to pick a luxury hotel venue where you can host your ceremony and reception all in one place. If so, head to Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour and Sydney Harbour Marriott.
- Sydney has some fabulous rooftop wedding venues, with jaw-dropping views over the Sydney skyline and waterfront. If you’re looking for that wow factor, check out 55 George Street at Rydges Sydney Harbour and InterContinental Double Bay.
- For a tranquil coastal spot in The Rocks, where heritage architecture meets the water’s edge, there are some stunning hotels worth visiting, including The Langham Sydney and Pier One Sydney Harbour at Walsh Bay.
- What about a cool coastal restaurant with an effortless aesthetic for that ultimate beach cocktail party? Zest venues have some gems, including Boathouse at The Spit and Beachouse at Point Piper. The Blue Room Bondi is another dreamy canvas to create your perfect waterfront wedding day in Sydney.
Venue Finder Tip No. 6: Chat with Our Venue Specialists
Looking for a waterfront wedding venue with lots of specifications? Trawling through hundreds can be a daunting task, to say the least. Luckily, at VenueCrew we have detailed breakdowns of every inclusion and a wealth of venue knowledge to share with you.
Our dedicated Venue Specialists can help you streamline your search and do a lot of the legwork for you. All you need to do is have a friendly chat with one of our specialists and they can get started on creating you a bespoke list of local waterfront wedding venues that suit your vision. Chat with our Sydney Venue Specialists today .
Expert Advice from Our Leading Venue Finders Picking your ideal wedding venue can be a stressful and time-consuming process, particularly when there is so much to compare and contrast before
Are you planning a 30th birthday bash, a leaving do or a graduation celebration? There are so many different types of events and each has a distinctive vibe. But creating
Frequently Asked Questions
Each Sydney waterfront wedding venue will have a particular pricing structure: minimum spends, wedding packages or a one-off venue hire fee. Depending on the duration, date, season and style of venue, the prices will change. For example, a luxury waterfront hotel with an exclusive rooftop would be more expensive than hiring a beach or park where there is public access. Chat to one of our Venue Specialists to have an open conversation about pricing and start your VenueCrew journey to find an affordable wedding venue that meets your requirements.
We take all the time and effort out of the search, all you need to do is:
- Reach out to VenueCrew and let us know what style of waterfront venue you’d like
- We’ll send over a handpicked selection of suitable venues and reasonable quotes.
- Sign a contract with your favourite Sydney wedding venue and the countdown begins!
Whether you’re searching for a rustic waterfront wedding venue, an open plan waterfront wedding venue, a unique waterfront wedding venue or a waterfront restaurant wedding venue in Sydney, our Venue Finders will match you up with a venue that suits you completely.