To make your next corporate event one to remember, consider a few of these unusual corporate event venues in Melbourne. From a converted warehouse to a hidden rooftop bar,
Popular Waterfront Venues Sydney
From Manly to Mosman; The Rocks to Rose Bay, many couples dream of a waterfront wedding, and thankfully, there are endless options for Sydney waterfront wedding venues. Whether you desire sweeping vistas of the harbour from a rooftop or enviable ocean views through floor-to-ceiling windows, Sydney waterfront wedding venues are uniquely scenic and sure to wow your guests. Contact our Venue Finders today for their expert venue advice .
InterContinental Sydney Double BayDouble Bay, New South Wales, 2028 5.0
Marry in the French-inspired courtyard before heading into the Grand Ballroom at InterContinental Hotel Sydney Double Bay for an unforgettable five-star hotel wedding with views of Sydney Harbour.
- Panoramic views over Double Bay Marina
- Stylish rooftop bar with an infinity pool
- Five-star boutique hotel
Bellevue Cottage by AntoineGlebe, New South Wales, 2037 5.0
Bellevue Cottage by Antoine is a heritage-listed restaurant wedding venue offering delightful French cuisine and stunning views of Sydney’s Blackwattle Bay.
- Stunning waterfront location in Glebe, just a stone’s throw from the Sydney CBD
- Intimate dining spaces brimming with rustic heritage charm
- Spacious alfresco terrace overlooking Blackwattle Bay and Sydney’s skyline
Hyatt Regency SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Hyatt Regency is a popular choice for glamorous ballroom weddings in Sydney, with its luxury accommodation and unrivalled Darling Harbour location.
- Unrivalled CBD location next to Sydney’s iconic Darling Harbour
- Two stunning ballroom spaces for glamorous weddings
- 888 luxurious guest rooms and suites with modern décor and deluxe amenities
Bathers’ PavilionMosman, New South Wales, 2088 5.0
Boasting panoramic views of Sydney’s Balmoral Beach, Bathers’ Pavilion Mosman is a modern waterfront wedding venue with bright and airy reception spaces.
- Unrivalled location overlooking Sydney’s beautiful Balmoral Beach
- Bright and airy Balmoral Room for private events and wedding receptions
- European-inspired al fresco terrace for waterfront ceremonies and cocktail parties
Zest Waterfront Venues Beachouse at Point PiperPoint Piper, New South Wales, 2027 5.0
The Beachouse at Point Piper is known for its incredible waterfront location, and the food and wine experience for weddings is just as unforgettable.
- Two beautiful, modern function spaces available for exclusive hire
- Luxurious, centrally-located venue in the suburb of Rose Bay, housed within the Royal Motor Yacht Club
- A setting that combines luxury with beach chic; bright, lime wash timber floors and elegant oyster shell feature walls
The Theatre Bar at the End of the WharfDawes Point, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Elegant waterfront weddings find their home at The Theatre Bar at the End of the Wharf — a stunning warehouse-style venue on Sydney Harbour.
- Spectacular waterside views of Sydney Harbour and the iconic Harbour Bridge
- Versatile open-plan venue layout that can be configured to suit your event
- Spacious outdoor balcony for waterfront ceremonies and cocktail parties
Cruise Bar SydneyThe Rocks, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Cruise Bar Sydney is a stylish waterfront wedding venue in Circular Quay, with a spectacular rooftop space for ceremonies and views of the Opera House.
- Modern, stylish and light-filled event spaces
- Stunning views of Circular Quay and the Sydney Opera House
- Expansive rooftop space for outdoor wedding ceremonies
Sofitel Sydney Darling HarbourSydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour is a luxury hotel wedding venue with a grand ballroom, elegant French-inspired decor and exceptional fine dining menus.
- Luxurious 5-star hotel with elegant, French-inspired interiors
- Glamorous Magnifique Ballroom for weddings and gala events
- Flexible function spaces that suit both intimate and grand events
Zest Waterfront Venues Boathouse at The SpitMosman, New South Wales, 2088 5.0
Delicious food and wine complement the sparkling harbour views at Boathouse at the Spit, a Mosman wedding venue with impeccable style.
- Panoramic views of Sydney Harbour
- Outdoor terrace attached to main indoor event space
- Full service event planning team includes in-house styling
Related popular event spaces
A Guide to Finding the Perfect Sydney Waterfront Wedding Venue
Waterfront wedding venues are abundant in Sydney, from the rustic properties with gardens that tumble towards the shore, to chic rooftop event spaces overlooking Circular Quay and floating wharves in the heart of Watsons Bay. The omnipresence of the water sets a serene and natural backdrop to weddings in Sydney, not to mention the stunning photo opportunities at your fingertips. Our Venue Specialists appreciate what you’ll be looking for when it comes to your dream waterfront wedding. We’re here to provide advice, industry insight and a free customised list of venues that suit your style. Get in touch to receive yours today.
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Hone in on a Sydney Waterfront Neighbourhood
- Would you like a setting where the city meets the sea? In Circular Quay, you’ll retain that cosmopolitan buzz, whilst enjoying peaceful views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. It’s a convenient and idyllic location that guests can easily get to.
- Love the outdoors and acres of greenery? The Royal Botanic Gardens sits on the fringe of the harbour with mesmerising landscaping and panoramic vistas of Sydney Harbour.
- What about a dose of heritage? In The Rocks, charming cobbled streets sprawl out to meet century-old buildings and stellar outlooks over the Walsh Bay and Barangaroo. It’s Sydney’s oldest district, and it has a distinctive air of tranquillity and romance.
- Further west still, the gorgeous Darling Harbour is cherished by couples who want a relaxed and social atmosphere. High-end restaurants and top visitor attractions line the water’s edge like the SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium and the Australian National Maritime Museum. Your wedding guests will want to stay for the entire weekend.
- The Eastern Sydney suburbs are other beachy areas worth looking into, such as the world-renowned Bondi Beach and the sophisticated Watsons Bay and Double Bay. With rolling waves and soft sands as your backdrop, these locations promise coastal bliss.
- North of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and into Mosman is another excellent choice. Here, native bush trails, beautiful beach coves and affluent harbourside towns make it a very desirable location to tie the knot. Get in touch with our Venue Finders to discuss your dream setting and we can do the rest.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Consider Guest Hotel Accommodation
- Need room blocks for your Sydney waterfront wedding? If you have guests that are travelling from other states or international destinations, it’s helpful to book a set of hotel rooms in advance. This will give them peace of mind and all the more reason to take up the invitation to your special event. VenueCrew can help you book rooms with ease.
- From luxury home rentals to hotel accommodation, there is a range of ideas to keep your guests close to the schedule of wedding events. Better still, you’re booking rooms at the wedding venue itself, there are often discounts if you meet a minimum number.
- We find that organising all of the wedding accommodation information on an accessible website makes things easier. Sometimes, the wedding venue can make a custom site for you and provide a discount link so that your guests can book their rooms directly.
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Plan Transportation
- Getting the transportation sorted early on will avoid pitfalls on your wedding day. Navigating Sydney city centre can be a minefield on a busy day, so make sure you give your guests all the information they need to get to the wedding venue on time.
- There are a variety of transportation options: private boats, ferries, trains, taxis or party buses. Let your guests know where the nearest stations and bus stops are, or where the pick-up location is if you’re arranging group transportation to and from Sydney airport.
- On-site parking is always a bonus for drivers and some Sydney hotel wedding venues can provide valet parking to guarantee a 5-star experience from start to finish.
- If you want to go along with the waterfront theme, you could arrange a boat tour around the harbour to kick off the celebrations. Your wedding photographer will be able to take some unforgettable shots of you and your guests with the ocean horizon as a backdrop.
Venue Finder Tip No. 4: Focus on the Food and Wine Experience
- What kind of catering do you imagine serving at your Sydney wedding? Do you want to go along with the seafront theme and set up sushi stations, gourmet fish and chips inspired canapés or a sitdown feast that features the fresh catch of the day? If you have something in mind, chat to the head chef to see if they can work to your creative brief.
- Wine connoisseurs will want to make sure their wine list is perfectly paired with the dishes on the menu. At your tasting, think about what drinks go best with the food and don’t be afraid to ask for other options if you’d like to introduce something different.
- Dietary requirements are paramount to maintain good health and safety at your Sydney wedding. Ask guests to share any dietaries on their RSVPs, and pass it onto the chefs.
Venue Finder Tip No. 5: Select a Waterfront Wedding Venue Style
There are all kinds of Sydney wedding venues on the waterfront and so finding the right fit can be a time-consuming and tiring process. Here are some quick venue ideas to get you in the mood for starting your search:
- Taking pride of place in the heart of the harbour at Circular Quay, you might want to pick a luxury hotel venue where you can host your ceremony and reception all in one place. If so, head to Sydney Harbour Marriott.
- Sydney has some fabulous rooftop wedding venues, with jaw-dropping views over the Sydney skyline and waterfront. If you’re looking for that wow factor, check out 55 George Street at Rydges Sydney Harbour and InterContinental Double Bay.
- For a tranquil coastal spot in The Rocks, where heritage architecture meets the water’s edge, there are some stunning hotels worth visiting, including The Langham, Sydney.
- What about a cool coastal restaurant with an effortless aesthetic for that ultimate beach cocktail party? Zest venues have some gems, including Boathouse at The Spit and Beachouse at Point Piper.
Venue Finder Tip No. 6: Chat with Our Venue Specialists
Looking for a waterfront wedding venue with lots of specifications? Trawling through hundreds can be a daunting task, to say the least. Luckily, at VenueCrew we have detailed breakdowns of every inclusion and a wealth of venue knowledge to share with you.
Our dedicated Venue Specialists can help you streamline your search and do a lot of the legwork for you. All you need to do is have a friendly chat with one of our specialists and they can get started on creating you a bespoke list of local waterfront wedding venues that suit your vision. Chat with our Sydney Venue Specialists today .
Looking for a cool corporate event space in Sydney? Check those top 11 venues for buzzworthy corporate functions. Corporate events certainly offer many perks, from ample networking opportunities to
These Melbourne winter wedding venues all have cosy interiors that’ll make your wedding day feel warm and inviting. Just add candles and wine! Winters in Melbourne can be grey
Frequently Asked Questions
Each Sydney waterfront wedding venue will have a particular pricing structure: minimum spends, wedding packages or a one-off venue hire fee. Depending on the duration, date, season and style of venue, the prices will change. For example, a luxury waterfront hotel with an exclusive rooftop would be more expensive than hiring a beach or park where there is public access. Chat to one of our Venue Specialists to have an open conversation about pricing and start your VenueCrew journey to find an affordable wedding venue that meets your requirements.
We take all the time and effort out of the search, all you need to do is:
- Reach out to VenueCrew and let us know what style of waterfront venue you’d like
- We’ll send over a handpicked selection of suitable venues and reasonable quotes.
- Sign a contract with your favourite Sydney wedding venue and the countdown begins!
Whether you’re searching for a rustic waterfront wedding venue, an open plan waterfront wedding venue, a unique waterfront wedding venue or a waterfront restaurant wedding venue in Sydney, our Venue Finders will match you up with a venue that suits you completely.