Chateau Yering Hotel(3 Reviews) ·
42, Melba Highway, Yering, Victoria, 3770, Australia
Chateau Yering Hotel Yarra Valley Events
Chateau Yering is a historic Victorian hotel, winery and events venue in the heart of Yarra Valley. Located at a short driving distance from the bustling Melbourne CBD, this beautiful venue offers a choice of 32 individually-designed suites, four private event rooms and stately guest lounges.
Coupled with historic garden spaces that offer picturesque valley views, Chateau Yering offers an elegant setting for a wedding ceremony, reception, conference, meeting or private dinner. Whether it’s an intimate gathering of 14 or wedding reception with 150 guests – the venue adds appeal with its sumptuous dining menus matched with exceptional local wine and beverages.
Highlights of Chateau Yering Hotel Yarra Valley Events:
- Light-filled event rooms with panoramic outdoor views
- Outdoor ceremony in heritage-listed gardens
- Yarra Valley historic wedding venue
- Accommodation available on site
- Professional event coordinators available
- Vineyard views Yarra Valley event venue
Spaces At This Venue
The Oak Room
160sqm / 1722sqft
Steeped in grandeur and antiquated charm, the Oak Room is the largest event room onsite. Natural light streams in through the ballroom's large windows adding a touch of freshness and elegance. The place is ideal for wedding receptions or conferences. It can accommodate about 60 guests in a U-shaped layout or 140 guests in a seated banquet event.
The Library is a cosy event space featuring dark timbers and an open fireplace. The ambience is warm, uplifting and ideal for pre-event drinks, private parties or canapés. Host an intimate birthday for up to 20 seated guests or a small-medium conference in a U-shaped layout for up to 16. The room can be hired for $250.
The Chinese Room
Whether you're hosting a private lunch, dinner or an intimate conference – the Chinese Room is ideal for up to 14 guests. The elegantly-designed room is naturally-lit and provides views of the heritage-listed gardens. It also offers all the technological conveniences to ensure your corporate event can be conducted seamlessly. You could also use the room as a breakout area for refreshments.
Chateau Yering Hotel Yarra Valley Catering
Creative menus designed by Eleonore’s head chefs are offered through a wide assortment of package options. The menus feature a diverse range of ingredients and regional produce to ensure a personalised dining experience for you and your guests. From 3-course shared menus and roving menus to seated dining and stand-up cocktail menus – you’ll have options galore.
Wedding food and beverage packages start from $150 per guest. Since wine is so integral to the overall dining experience at Chateau Yering, the venue also offers unique package options like – Dinner with the Winemaker and a 5-course wine-matched degustation.
Highlights of Catering at Chateau Yering Hotel Yarra Valley:
- Full-service catering and beverage packages
- Menus featuring regional produce
- Dietary requirements can be accommodated
- Menu options include – seated meals, platters, grazing tables
Sample Wedding Menu:
- Roasted Duck Filo Parcel; Citrus and fennel salad, duck and orange jus
- Smoked Lamb Fillet; Grilled vegetables, salsa verde, coriander
- Antipasto Platter; Salami, prosciutto, pork sausage, dips, olives, Persian fetta
- Beef Carpaccio; Spiced mayonnaise, crispy capers, rocket
- Seafood Cocktail; Kingfish ceviche, prawns, crab, avocado, cos, coconut cream
- Tarte Fine of Witlof; Baked scallops, cauliflower purée, caramelised onion
- Smoked Salmon; Squid ink blinis, beetroot, herb salad, crème fraiche
- Yarra Valley Cheese and Fennel Tart; Persian fetta, red onion and herb salad
- Roasted Beef Fillet; Potato fondant, seasonal greens, onion jam
- Braised Beef Cheek; Potato purée, caramelised shallots, watercress
- Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder; Spiced chickpeas, hummus, tabbouleh, lamb jus
- Twice Cooked Pork Belly; Apple purée, house relish, cider jus
- Herb Chicken Breast; Chorizo and bean ragout, tomato, white wine cream
- Pan-Fried Fillet of Blue Eye; Tomato and olive, crushed potato, saffron aioli
- Market Fish of the Day; Pea purée, fennel, green salad
- Chocolate Royal; Hazelnut praline, chocolate crumb, chocolate ice cream
- Apple Tart Tatin; Rhubarb caramel, apple tuille, vanilla ice cream
- Mixed Berry Cheesecake; Raspberry coulis, brandy crumbs, almond ice cream
- Chocolate & Salted Caramel Cake; Chocolate sponge, salted caramel mousse, chocolate ice cream
- Strawberry Fraisier; Pistachio crumb, berry gel, pistachio ice cream
- Baked Lemon Tart; Meringue, raspberry sorbet
- Passionfruit Pavlova; Seasonal fruit, passionfruit coulis, passionfruit ice cream
- Traditional Tiramisu; Coffee sponge, vanilla anglaise, caramel ice cream
- Yarra River
- Yarra Valley Racing
- McKenzie Reserve
- Yering Bushland Reserve
- Eleonore’s Restaurant (on site)
- Sweetwater Cafe (on site)
- Yering Station Winery
- Zonzo Estate Yarra Valley
Beautiful food, great staff, a wonderful, comfortable bed, and beautifully manicured gardens with a fantastic view. Thank you for an awesome experience. We loved all of it.
Lisa B ·
Beautiful place. Magnificent views of the surrounding countryside. Staff super friendly. Very good contemporary art gallery. Superb selection of superior wines. Perfect for a day out in the country. Highly recommended for a special occasion.
DG D ·
Beautiful, historic buildings juxtoposed next to an ultra sleek and modern restaurant & winery - all amongst a serene, palatial country property. A perfect spot for lunch, wine tasting, exhibitions of local art, weddings and functions.
Nina B ·
Frequently Asked Questions
Wedding packages start from $150 per person.
The ceremony hire fee is $2,000.
Chateau Yering can host up to 150 guests for events and weddings.
Weddings at Chateau Yering are enchanting, historic and breathtaking; combining quaint out-of-town feel with pure elegance and charm. Weddings are personalised to suit every individual couple’s needs.
With creative dining and beverage packages you’d expect of the Yarra Valley winery region – both hosts and guests can look forward to an unforgettable experience.
Private dinners, boardroom-style meetings as well as small-medium sized conferences are popular at Chateau Yering.
There are 32 luxurious suites at this heritage hotel. Rooms feature sumptuous furnishings, antique furniture and fine art.
Yes, on-site parking is available at Chateau Yering.
Innovative menus inspired by Australian and Italian cuisine feature extensively in the restaurant menus. Menus are designed by the inhouse chefs and use a wide variety of regional produce.
Yes, the heritage hotel is wheelchair-friendly. It also offers wheelchair-accessible parking
Weddings at Chateau Yering Hotel can end at 11:00 pm.
Amelia Scatigno is our lovely Melbourne event and wedding expert. She's been in the industry since 2015 and absolutely loves the entertainment components of events, whether that's live drummers and dancers or a big fireworks show at the end of the night.
Download our Wedding Packages & Pricing
Get information about our package options, pricing, facilities and much more!
Coldstream, Victoria, 3770
Set in the heart of Yarra Valley, Levantine Hill is a modern winery and cellar door event venue that serves as a memorable backdrop for any event.
Yarra Glen, Victoria, 3775
Fergusson Winery located in the lap of lush Yarra Valley offers a rustic and tranquil setting for hosting weddings, corporate events or social gatherings.