Popular Unique Venues Melbourne
If the thought of a traditional wedding venue makes you and your patner yawn, we get you! Melbourne has an exciting collection of unique wedding venues for couples who like going against the grain. From interesting locations to offbeat interiors, there’s a Melbourne unique wedding venue that’ll suit you and your loved one to a tee. But how will you know where to start searching? Contact our VenueCrew for their expert advice today .
Harbour Room St KildaSt Kilda, Victoria, 3182 5.0
Located in the Royal Melbourne Yacht Squadron, Harbour Room boasts some of St Kilda’s most unbelievable beach views from its spacious rooftop and light-filled event space.
- Breathtaking, uninterrupted views of Port Phillip Bay
- Spacious rooftop terrace for outdoor ceremonies and cocktail parties
- Light-filled, modern event space with flexible interiors
Marnong EstateMickleham, Victoria, 3064 5.0
Marnong Estate is a winery wedding venue in Victoria with panoramic country views, award-winning menus, modern reception spaces, and magnificent wine.
- Several inviting spaces perfect for all types of weddings and events
- Stunning panoramic views of the Macedon Ranges and sprawling vineyards
- Award-winning menus and an extensive variety of wines
Lancemore Mansion HotelWerribee South, Victoria, 3030 5.0
Lancemore Mansion Hotel Werribee Park is a stunning all-in-one wedding destination just 30 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD.
- Grand five-star hotel in Melbourne’s iconic Werribee Park
- Picturesque location nestled amid formal English gardens and heritage buildings
- A host of breathtaking venue options to choose from, including the purpose-built Marquee, light-filled Pavilion and elegant Theatre
Two Ton MaxNorth Melbourne, Victoria, 3051 5.0
Two Ton Max offers a sophisticated setting for industrial-style weddings in North Melbourne with its trendy aesthetic and flexible warehouse space.
- Flexible event venue with spacious, open-plan interiors
- Convenient North Melbourne location with a secluded and hidden feel
- Exposed beams, polished concrete floors, and high ceilings
Showtime Events CentreSouth Wharf, Victoria, 3006 5.0
Brimming with industrial-chic glamour, Showtime Events Centre is a showstopping warehouse wedding venue on Melbourne’s South Wharf Promenade.
- Unrivalled riverside location along Melbourne’s vibrant South Wharf Promenade
- Versatile, open-plan and pillarless interiors brimming with industrial-chic glamour
- Work with Showtime Event Group’s award-winning dream team of event producers, stylists and coordinators
San Remo BallroomCarlton North, Victoria, 3054 5.0
San Remo Ballroom is a glamorous ballroom wedding venue in Melbourne with Art Deco touches, modern furnishings and a large central dancefloor.
- Recently renovated with elegant contemporary furnishings
- Sophisticated Art Deco interiors, high ornate ceilings and grand crystal chandeliers
- Large circular central dancefloor
Jardin TanSouth Yarra, Victoria, 3141 5.0
Set within the lush surrounds of Melbourne’s famous Royal Botanic Gardens, Jardin Tan is the perfect venue for a modern inner-city wedding.
- Located in the iconic Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Flexible event spaces depending on guest capacity
- Prime Melbourne CBD location, close to public transport
Yarra Valley LodgeChirnside Park, Victoria, 3116 5.0
Yarra Valley Lodge is an elegant country wedding venue situated on a sprawling estate just 45 minutes from Melbourne.
- Picturesque Yarra Valley location
- Light-filled conservatory overlooking the gardens
- Gourmet menus and fine local wines
The Plaza Ballroom MelbourneMelbourne, Victoria, 3000 5.0
The Plaza Ballroom Melbourne is infused with old-school grandeur and magic, bringing a sense of elegance and royalty to weddings.
- Located at the Regent Theatre
- Spanish Rococo architecture
- Spacious ballroom with proscenium arch stage
Metropolis EventsSouthbank, Victoria, 3006 5.0
Metropolis is an iconic Melbourne wedding venue with the best views of the city skyline & Yarra River on display through towering window walls.
- Sweeping views of the city skyline and the Yarra River
- Warehouse style features include soaring ceilings and window walls
- Stylish New York loft style venue space with modern finishings
Related popular event spaces
Your Guide to the Most Unique Wedding Venues in Melbourne
Every couple wants their wedding to stand out in some way, be that with a cool vendor, interesting decor, or custom dress or suit. Another brilliant way to ensure people remember your wedding is by choosing a unique venue. Luckily, Melbourne is home to some of the most exciting and unique venues in Australia, and our Melbourne Venue Finders have the most comprehensive list. Before you get started on your venue hunt, there are a few things you ought to consider.
VenueCrew Specialist Tip #1: Unique shouldn’t mean impractical.
Sure, you could get married on a pair of stilts in the middle of Federation Square. It would certainly tick the ‘unique’ box, but it wouldn’t be convenient to arrange seats for your friends and family. Being unique and functional is definitely a bonus for wedding venues, and our Melbourne Venue Experts know just the place.
VenueCrew Specialist Tip #2: Look for unique details.
Even if the venue has similarities to others, there’s going to be something unique about it. That’s why it’s important to find unique details and features about the space.
For example, Eureka 89 is a gorgeous wedding reception space. You have your choice of two smaller spaces that feature room for a DJ or band, a cocktail bar, and a head chef creating 8-course degustation meals. At Eureka 89, it’s hard to miss its unique feature (hint: reread the name). That’s right; Eureka 89 is situated on the 89th floor of the iconic Eureka Tower. Wraparound windows display your birds’ eye view of the Melbourne skyline and Yarra River, especially breathtaking in the evening when all of the lights flicker on. Nobody will soon forget a wedding that takes place here! Download the Eureka 89 wedding brochure.
Another way to make your wedding memorable is with a showstopping entrance. At Levantine Hill in the Yarra Valley, you have the option of making a helicopter entrance to your wedding, landing on the onsite helipad. This gorgeous winery venue boasts stunning architecture, a glass-walled cellar door, and overlooks rolling vineyards. Download the Levantine Hill Yarra Valley wedding brochure.
VenueCrew Specialist Tip #3: Discover venues within unique places.
This may seem like a niche tip, but we’ve got the evidence to back it up. Unique venues can come with limitations that a traditional wedding venue may not. A creative way of getting around this is to find a venue within or nearby a unique location. This means you can take pictures at that cool spot and still reap the benefits of the traditional space.
The Terrace is one such place; a traditional blank-space reception venue that allows you to call the shots on arrangement and decor, and located within the Melbourne Royal Botanic Gardens! Say your vows in one of the many themed gardens, then you and your guests can wander the paths to The Terrace. Accommodating up to 300 guests, at The Terrace you and your guests will be treated to inhouse catering made by a team of skilled chefs with Asian, Indian, and Mediterranean influences. Duck out for gorgeous photos amongst the lush foliage whilst your guests gaze out over Ornamental Lake and breathe in the sights and sounds of this inner-city oasis. Download The Terrace wedding brochure.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s not hard to create a unique wedding when you make it feel personal and authentic to you! Choosing specific decor, outfits, meals, and music that you love and representing your personality makes a wedding feel truly unique; nobody else in the world is like you, remember! When you need help finding a unique Melbourne wedding venue, arrange a consultation with our Venue Specialists .
Firstly, determine what you mean by unique? Do you want a totally out-of-the-box location, or are you more interested in a fully-equipped wedding venue that has unique features? Whatever you’re looking for, our Melbourne Venue Experts are up to the task. Book in a chat with them today .