Popular Outdoor Venues Melbourne
Some of Melbourne’s best outdoor wedding venues include the Royal Botanic Gardens and all the lovely spaces that are set just along the banks of the Yarra River. Heading out of the city, wineries in Yarra Valley and beach venues on the coast are equally gorgeous. Whether you’re planning a formal wedding with an outdoor marquee or want something a little more casual on river banks, our VenueCrew can easily find the perfect venue for you — book a free consultation with a local Melbourne Venue Specialist today !
Marnong EstateMickleham, Victoria, 3064 5.0
Marnong Estate is a winery wedding venue in Victoria with panoramic country views, award-winning menus, modern reception spaces, and magnificent wine.
- Several inviting spaces perfect for all types of weddings and events
- Stunning panoramic views of the Macedon Ranges and sprawling vineyards
- Award-winning menus and an extensive variety of wines
Lancemore Mansion HotelWerribee South, Victoria, 3030 5.0
Lancemore Mansion Hotel Werribee Park is a stunning all-in-one wedding destination just 30 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD.
- Grand five-star hotel in Melbourne’s iconic Werribee Park
- Picturesque location nestled amid formal English gardens and heritage buildings
- A host of breathtaking venue options to choose from, including the purpose-built Marquee, light-filled Pavilion and elegant Theatre
Leonda by the YarraHawthorn, Victoria, 3122 5.0
Set against a tree-filled backdrop, Hawthorn's Leonda by the Yarra offers elegant, modern event spaces and a passionate team of wedding planners.
- Located in the tranquil and leafy Melbourne suburb of Hawthorn, minutes from Melbourne's CBD
- Luxury waterfront event venue
- Variety of event spaces includes two gorgeous, spacious ballrooms
Park Hyatt MelbourneMelbourne, Victoria, 3002 5.0
Impeccable catering, an elegant ballroom & a private garden are all on offer at Park Hyatt's five-star hotel weddings in the heart of central Melbourne with proximity to St. Patrick's Cathedral & Fitzroy Gardens.
- Range of elegant function spaces, suitable for both intimate events and grand occasions
- Exquisite, 5-star catering with exceptional service standards
- Centrally-located, with plenty of public transport links nearby, within the Free Tram Zone and on-site parking
Jardin TanSouth Yarra, Victoria, 3141 5.0
Set within the lush surrounds of Melbourne’s famous Royal Botanic Gardens, Jardin Tan is the perfect venue for a modern inner-city wedding.
- Located in the iconic Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Flexible event spaces depending on guest capacity
- Prime Melbourne CBD location, close to public transport
Yarra Valley LodgeChirnside Park, Victoria, 3116 5.0
Yarra Valley Lodge is an elegant country wedding venue situated on a sprawling estate just 45 minutes from Melbourne.
- Picturesque Yarra Valley location
- Light-filled conservatory overlooking the gardens
- Gourmet menus and fine local wines
Chateau Yering HotelYering, Victoria, 3770 5.0
Chateau Yering is a boutique hotel in the Yarra Valley that's surrounded by stately gardens and vineyards. Here, your winery wedding will be a dream.
- A contemporary venue set in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Victoria’s oldest wine region
- Gorgeous wedding photo ops include the vineyards, the sunken garden, or in front of the grand stairway
- Menus prepared with quality local produce sourced from around the Yarra Valley region
Fergusson WineryYarra Glen, Victoria, 3775 5.0
Oozing romance and rustic vintage appeal – Fergusson Winery is a picturesque estate surrounded by vineyards and is one of Yarra Valley’s most coveted destinations for weddings.
- A gorgeous rustic event venue set within 10-acres of lush-green landscape
- Wholesome, mouthwatering country dishes paired with family-grown, award-winning wines
- Onsite parking available
Elmswood EstateSeville, Victoria, 3139 5.0
With stunning vineyard views and four beautiful event spaces to choose from, Elmswood Estate is the perfect venue for a Yarra Valley winery wedding.
- Picturesque Yarra Valley location with panoramic vineyard views
- Four venue locations to choose from, with indoor and outdoor options
- Dedicated on-site functions coordinator for the duration of your event
Related popular event spaces
A Guide to Outdoor Wedding Venues in Melbourne
Though infamous for its unpredictable weather patterns, year after year, thousands of couples say, ‘Yes!’ to outdoor weddings in Melbourne. And when you look at the diverse range of outdoor venues on offer all across the city, it’s easy to see why.
Melbourne is flush with outdoor event spaces for both your ceremony and reception. From intimate inner-city courtyards to lush botanical gardens, and sprinkle in a few spectacular oceanside locations, Melbourne has all your bases covered.
What’s important to keep in mind is that for an outdoor ceremony, you may be asking your guests to trek slightly off the beaten path. With this in mind, it’s always a good idea to be aware of what you and your guests will need to consider in the leadup to your wedding day. Is the venue close to public transport? Will you need to book accommodation to get ready in, and to retire to, at the end of the night? If you’re getting married in a semi-public space, such as communal gardens, will you need to arrange for someone to be onsite to usher your guests to the ceremony space, and to walk them to the reception area afterwards?
If you’ve always pictured your wedding taking place under the open sky, or nestled under a gorgeous gazebo, but you aren’t quite sure where to find your perfect spot, let our Melbourne Venue Specialists help you narrow it down. Contact us today to speak to one of our experts and discover your dream outdoor wedding venue.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Define What You Mean By “Outdoor”
Are you looking for outdoor venues in Melbourne that cater for both your ceremony and reception.
For example, Melbourne’s Leonda by the Yarra has several beautiful outdoor ceremony spaces; one on their private courtyard with the winding river behind you, or at the nearby Burnley or Royal Botanical Gardens. Then when it comes time for the reception, an elegant indoor space with riverside views is at your disposal. Download the Leonda by the Yarra brochure for more details.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: Choose Between City, Country, Or Seaside
So you know you want to have your ceremony or reception outdoors; the next question is where? Melbourne wedding and reception venues can cover a range of outdoor scenarios, and depending on which way you lean, could impact the theme of your wedding. If you’re not sure if you’d prefer a sunny coastal location, or a classic garden affair, our Venue Specialists are here to help make your decision easier with their expert advice and extensive knowledge of the Melbourne venue scene.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Consider Accessibility
Some outdoor venues in Melbourne have terrain that isn’t especially suitable for accessibility. When it comes to beach weddings, keep in mind that people who use wheelchairs or other movement assistance equipment may struggle on the sand. Similarly, garden ceremonies or receptions may be grassy or have stony or uneven pathways. If you know some of your guests require stable ground, it would be considerate to choose a venue that can accommodate them.
Our Venue Specialists are more than willing to suggest accessible and wheelchair-friendly venues, like the Chateau Yering in the Yarra Valley. The heritage-listed gardens and vineyard are gorgeous outdoor spaces for intimate wedding ceremonies and photographs, and both the outdoor and indoor spaces are easily accessible. Download the Chateau Yering brochure for more information.
The outdoor ceremony spaces at Levantine Hill also offer a cinematic backdrop over the vines and valley. Whether you choose the gardens or the terrace for your wedding ceremony space, accessibility is not an issue. Download the Levantine Hill brochure.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 4: Contact Us For A Free Consultation
With so many outdoor wedding venues at your fingertips, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with choices. If you’re struggling to narrow down your options, now is the perfect time to reach out to one of our experts. Our local Venue Specialists locate and assess the best wedding venues in Melbourne to present you with a curated list of venues, from intimate gardens to romantic vineyards. Let us make your search for the best outdoor wedding location more straightforward, and book your free consultation with one of our VenueCrew Melbourne Venue Specialists .
Frequently Asked Questions
When you team up with VenueCrew, we make it simple:
- Gather reference photos of your dream outdoor wedding venue and aesthetics.
- Decide your overall budget, and book a free consultation with our Melbourne Venue Specialists.
- We get you quotes for the outdoor wedding venues that align with your vision.
- You choose your fave, and we get the ball rolling on your behalf with the contract process.
- You tick off one of the biggest boxes on your Wedding Checklist!
The rules and restrictions for gathering are always changing, and we post all the latest updates on our COVID Wedding Restrictions Tracker. Outdoor ceremonies and receptions in Melbourne and across Victoria make it easier to maintain safe social distance; however, guest count restrictions may still apply. Our local Melbourne Venue Specialists can suggest innovative ways to plan a COVID-Safe wedding and can talk you through the latest government rules and restrictions.
We all know Melbourne’s weather can’t be tamed, and that’s why most seaside, garden, and city wedding venues have a backup plan in place for any unpredictable showers that cross the skies at the last minute. The Grand Hyatt’s indoor/outdoor hybrid reception space offers guests protection from rain, and most other venues arrange a back-up ceremony location in case things outside go awry.