Everything You Need to Know About Finding A Melbourne Luxury Wedding Venue
If you’re planning a luxury Melbourne wedding, your vision likely includes the best of everything — from couture gowns and tailor-made suits to jaw-dropping florals and luxury wedding cars. But first thing’s first — the Melbourne luxury wedding venue you choose is the one where you and your guests will be celebrating the most. So it’s got to be right. Our Venue Specialists appreciate everything it takes to host an upscale event.
Here’s some advice to get you started.
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Ask Yourself: Which Melbourne Location Will Play Host to Your Luxury Wedding?
- When thinking of a luxury wedding, one often envisions the trappings of an elegant 5-star hotel bathed in city lights after dusk. The stylish city centre of the Melbourne CBD is home to the finest Melbourne luxury wedding venues — you could start your search with The Langham, Melbourne or Park Hyatt.
- A Melbourne CBD wedding means convenient access to some enviable ceremony locations. Royal Botanical Gardens, Fitzroy Gardens, and Carlton Gardens are dreamy for Melbourne park or garden ceremonies. St Paul’s and St Patrick’s Cathedrals are stunning options for church wedding ceremonies.
- Melbourne offers spectacular and diverse backdrops for your local wedding photos. The insane street art displayed down Hosier Lane will add an unexpected aesthetic to black-tie wedding photos, whilst the Royal Exhibition Buildings, Federation Square, and St Kilda Pier will be at the top of the list when scouting traditional, contemporary, or beach wedding photo opportunities.
- Of course, luxury doesn’t always mean big, and there are plenty of upscale boutique hotels, restaurants, and purpose-built event spaces in the city’s north, or to the south of the river. If you’d prefer a slightly laid-back or intimate vibe to your Melbourne luxury wedding, venues such as The Terrace at the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne, Metropolis Events in South Bank, and Eureka89 at South Wharf are ideal places to begin.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Take Guest Convenience to the Next Level by Booking Room Blocks at Melbourne’s 5-star Hotels, Boutique Hotels, or Luxury Home Rentals.
- Weddings are a celebration with loved ones near and afar, and that means guests travelling from out of town. Melbourne is teeming with luxury accommodation options to house your interstate and overseas guests.
- If you have more than 20 wedding guests arriving for your Melbourne luxury wedding, consider booking hotel room blocks in a 5-star Melbourne hotel both for convenience and guest experience.
- It can be a daunting task to organise room blocks if you’ve never done this before, however, our Venue Specialists excel in this area and can guide you through the process.
- Keep in mind that some Melbourne hotels require minimum room nights to book group accommodation — our Venue Specialists will advise you on this as well.
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Plan Transportation for Your Melbourne Wedding Guests.
- Thankfully, accessibility in and out of Melbourne is fairly straightforward, with a host of transport modes available for guests getting to, from and between your Melbourne luxury wedding venues.
- The grid layout of Melbourne city is easy to navigate whether by car, taxi/Uber, train, tram, or on foot. Be careful to note if your luxury wedding falls on the same weekend as a prominent Melbourne event, like the AFL Grand Final or one of the many international acts held at Rod Laver Arena. You’ll want to factor in transport times for this. A wedding website or Facebook event may help you communicate extra important details outside of your luxury wedding invitations.
- For guests arriving in Melbourne for the first time, you may consider arranging airport pickups for convenient travel back to their hotel or accommodation. This will provide a seamless and stress-free experience for your loved ones.
- Have you thought about parking for elderly guests? There will be some guests who will appreciate onsite, valet or nearby street parking — your Venue Specialist can advise which luxury Melbourne wedding venues are best suited for this.
Venue Finder Tip No. 4: Luxury Does Not Mean Stuffy — Guest Experience is Everything.
- Yes, you want a sophisticated, high-end wedding, but this means creating an incredible experience for guests — not an uptight one.
- What this means from a venue perspective, is seeking out the right venue whose staff just GET IT. Who are there in the background attending to every need, discreetly, professionally, and with a smile.
- It’s about the best quality Melbourne wedding catering using in-season and local produce that epitomises its world-famous food scene.
- It’s about trusting in the creative talents of your entire wedding dream team — and choosing an experienced venue who works well with other Melbourne luxury wedding suppliers to deliver the best and out-of-the-box experience for you and your guests.
Venue Finder Tip No. 5: Focus Your Energy On Finding A Venue First, And Your Vision Will Follow.
- Your venue is the most important decision you’ll make for your Melbourne luxury wedding. Once you’ve got an idea about location, convenience and the level of service you should expect to create an unforgettable experience for your guests, make this decision first and tick it off your to-do list.
- Our luxury Venue Finders are here to help. They are savvy to your expectations and the needs of your guests. Don’t be afraid to ask for help!
Once your venue is confirmed, you’ll have a wedding date, and it’s all go! You can start bringing your vision to life; booking in the rest of your wedding dream team. You’ll find fine art wedding photographers, marriage celebrants, wedding cars and other providers on your luxury venue’s preferred supplier list, or by downloading a reputable wedding app.