Popular Waterfront Venues Melbourne
From the leafy Yarra River to the bay and beyond, Melburnians getting hitched have many stunning waterfront wedding options to choose from. Perhaps it’s a swanky Southbank hotel or restaurant where the river reflects twinkling city lights? Or the more chilled vibe of peninsula cafes, function centres and bars? Whichever your style, there’s a Melbourne waterfront wedding venue that’s built for the day you envision. Contact our Venue Finders today .
Harbour Room St KildaSt Kilda, Victoria, 3182 5.0
Located in the Royal Melbourne Yacht Squadron, Harbour Room boasts some of St Kilda’s most unbelievable beach views from its spacious rooftop and light-filled event space.
- Breathtaking, uninterrupted views of Port Phillip Bay
- Spacious rooftop terrace for outdoor ceremonies and cocktail parties
- Light-filled, modern event space with flexible interiors
Leonda by the YarraHawthorn, Victoria, 3122 5.0
Set against a tree-filled backdrop, Hawthorn's Leonda by the Yarra offers elegant, modern event spaces and a passionate team of wedding planners.
- Located in the tranquil and leafy Melbourne suburb of Hawthorn, minutes from Melbourne's CBD
- Luxury waterfront event venue
- Variety of event spaces includes two gorgeous, spacious ballrooms
Showtime Events CentreSouth Wharf, Victoria, 3006 5.0
Brimming with industrial-chic glamour, Showtime Events Centre is a showstopping warehouse wedding venue on Melbourne’s South Wharf Promenade.
- Unrivalled riverside location along Melbourne’s vibrant South Wharf Promenade
- Versatile, open-plan and pillarless interiors brimming with industrial-chic glamour
- Work with Showtime Event Group’s award-winning dream team of event producers, stylists and coordinators
Metropolis EventsSouthbank, Victoria, 3006 5.0
Metropolis is an iconic Melbourne wedding venue with the best views of the city skyline & Yarra River on display through towering window walls.
- Sweeping views of the city skyline and the Yarra River
- Warehouse style features include soaring ceilings and window walls
- Stylish New York loft style venue space with modern finishings
Crowne Plaza Pearl RiverfrontDocklands, Victoria, 3008 5.0
Pearl Riverfront at Crowne Plaza is a fresh, modern venue for weddings of distinction with a city location and waterfront views.
- Yarra River frontage
- State-of-the-art audio-visual technology
- Close to Melbourne's entertainment district
The PrinceSt Kilda, Victoria, 3182 5.0
Boasting panoramic views of Port Phillip Bay, The Prince’s stunning Prince Deck is a popular Melbourne wedding venue in St Kilda.
- Modern, elegant and light-filled event spaces
- Views of Port Phillip Bay and Melbourne city skyline
- Expansive timber deck for outdoor events and weddings
Cargo HallSouth Wharf, Victoria, 3006 5.0
Located on Melbourne’s famous South Wharf, Cargo Hall is a lively waterfront wedding venue that promises a lot and delivers on everything.
- Located on South Wharf Promenade
- Showtime Event Group venue
- Yarra River and city views
Gather & TailorWest Melbourne, Victoria, 3003 5.0
A design lover's dream come true, Gather & Tailor is a stylish warehouse wedding venue in West Melbourne with vaulted ceilings and a cactus courtyard.
- Gorgeous open-plan warehouse event venue
- Convenient location near Melbourne CBD
- Soaring ceilings and two levels of event space
The Park at Albert ParkMelbourne, Victoria, 3206 5.0
The Park at Albert Park Lake hosts high-end weddings, boasting high ceilings, dramatic arch windows, chandeliers, and open warehouse interiors.
- Located within Albert Park Lake, 10 minutes from the CBD
- Picturesque location within walking distance to various photo opportunities
- Industrial atmosphere with big chandeliers and modern fixtures
Berth MelbourneDocklands, Victoria, 3008 5.0
Boasting a stunning setting in the heart of Melbourne’s Docklands, Berth is a modern waterfront wedding venue with picturesque harbour views.
- Picturesque waterfront location in Melbourne’s Docklands
- Floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Victoria Harbour
- Contemporary, light-filled interiors and flexible layout
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to Melbourne Waterfront Wedding Venues
Set on Port Phillip Bay and with the Yarra River running through the centre of the city, Melbourne offers a wide range of waterfront wedding venues on the bay beaches, ocean beaches and dotted along the riverfront. Whether you’re looking for a waterfront park location for your ceremony on the Yarra or a more urban, modern setting with views of the bay, our Melbourne Wedding Venue Specialists can talk you through all the best options .
From sleek urban haunts like Metropolis to suburban venues like Leonda By The Yarra, riverfront wedding venues in Melbourne span far and wide. Beach wedding venues are dotted throughout Mornington Peninsula and all along the bayside beaches, while some garden venues also include water features like ponds and lakes.
Whether you’re hoping for a wedding on the banks of the Yarra River, or you’ve always pictured a toes-in-the-sand beach wedding, our local Melbourne Venue Specialists have you covered. Speak with our team today to find a venue that matches your style, budget and waterfront wedding vision.
Here are our local Venue Specialists’ tips for planning a waterfront wedding in Melbourne.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Rank Waterviews As A Priority
Throughout the wedding planning process, you’ll hear the same theme: Prioritise your priorities. Is a waterfront wedding venue an absolute must? Is the view more important than, say, the music? Is it less important than the photographer?
Knowing where the setting for your wedding ranks on your priority list is a great way to communicate with your suppliers about what matters most to you. Once you have your top three priorities figured out, our Venue Specialists will easily be able to jump into sourcing the right venue for you.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: Consider Your Wet Weather Plan
If you’re planning a riverfront wedding ceremony on the Yarra followed by an outdoor cocktail hour with water views, you’ll want to have a wet weather plan just in case it’s necessary on your wedding day.
Wedding venues on the Yarra River like Leonda By The Yarra are great picks not only because of their river proximity but also because of their floor-to-ceiling windows. Even on a rainy day, these modern wedding reception spaces feel tucked into the river landscape of towering trees.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Don’t Rule Out Indoor Venues
You might have your heart set on an outdoor Melbourne waterfront venue, but you shouldn’t overlook some of the perks of an indoor venue with gorgeous views. For example, Metropolis offers fabulous indoor event spaces with views of the Yarra River.
Another great find is the Eureka Skydeck wedding venue, which sits so high in the sky that you can see water views of the entire Port Phillip Bay, Yarra River and beyond. For a look at Eureka’s wedding packages, download their brochure here.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 4: Contact VenueCrew For A Free Consultation
You can spend hours scouring the web for a “waterfront wedding venue near me,” or you can make it easy and give our local Melbourne Venue Specialists a shout. Within a quick conversation, they’ll point you in the right direction based on your priorities, budget and style. They’ll even sort your site inspections for you and get your contract started with the venue.
Frequently Asked Questions
We make venue searching effortless. Here’s how it works:
- Make a list of your wedding venue requirements, preferred date and guest number
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew Melbourne Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes for the waterfront wedding venues that suit your requirements
- Confirm your wedding date, send out the invites and start to plan all the fun details