Popular Reception Centre Venues Melbourne
If you’re swept away in the elegance and romance of a classic wedding then you’ll want to start your venue search with some of Melbourne’s traditional reception centre wedding venues. Scattered throughout this vibrant city are wedding reception centres of all sizes and styles. So how do you know where to start? Talk to our Melbourne Venue Finders about your wedding day vision . They’ll know which stunning reception centres to suggest.
Leonda by the YarraHawthorn, Victoria, 3122 5.0
Set against a tree-filled backdrop, Hawthorn's Leonda by the Yarra offers elegant, modern event spaces and a passionate team of wedding planners.
- Located in the tranquil and leafy Melbourne suburb of Hawthorn, minutes from Melbourne's CBD
- Luxury waterfront event venue
- Variety of event spaces includes two gorgeous, spacious ballrooms
Showtime Events CentreSouth Wharf, Victoria, 3006 5.0
Brimming with industrial-chic glamour, Showtime Events Centre is a showstopping warehouse wedding venue on Melbourne’s South Wharf Promenade.
- Unrivalled riverside location along Melbourne’s vibrant South Wharf Promenade
- Versatile, open-plan and pillarless interiors brimming with industrial-chic glamour
- Work with Showtime Event Group’s award-winning dream team of event producers, stylists and coordinators
San Remo BallroomCarlton North, Victoria, 3054 5.0
San Remo Ballroom is a glamorous ballroom wedding venue in Melbourne with Art Deco touches, modern furnishings and a large central dancefloor.
- Recently renovated with elegant contemporary furnishings
- Sophisticated Art Deco interiors, high ornate ceilings and grand crystal chandeliers
- Large circular central dancefloor
Shadowfax WineryWerribee South, Victoria, 3030 5.0
A boutique venue located in heritage-listed Werribee Park, Shadowfax Winery hosts elegant country weddings with an inner-city venue’s comforts.
- Located within heritage-listed Werribee Park
- Close to boutique accommodation
- Country location with modern architecture
Jardin TanSouth Yarra, Victoria, 3141 5.0
Set within the lush surrounds of Melbourne’s famous Royal Botanic Gardens, Jardin Tan is the perfect venue for a modern inner-city wedding.
- Located in the iconic Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Flexible event spaces depending on guest capacity
- Prime Melbourne CBD location, close to public transport
Chateau Yering HotelYering, Victoria, 3770 5.0
Chateau Yering is a boutique hotel in the Yarra Valley that's surrounded by stately gardens and vineyards. Here, your winery wedding will be a dream.
- A contemporary venue set in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Victoria’s oldest wine region
- Gorgeous wedding photo ops include the vineyards, the sunken garden, or in front of the grand stairway
- Menus prepared with quality local produce sourced from around the Yarra Valley region
Metropolis EventsSouthbank, Victoria, 3006 5.0
Metropolis is an iconic Melbourne wedding venue with the best views of the city skyline & Yarra River on display through towering window walls.
- Sweeping views of the city skyline and the Yarra River
- Warehouse style features include soaring ceilings and window walls
- Stylish New York loft style venue space with modern finishings
Fergusson WineryYarra Glen, Victoria, 3775 5.0
Oozing romance and rustic vintage appeal – Fergusson Winery is a picturesque estate surrounded by vineyards and is one of Yarra Valley’s most coveted destinations for weddings.
- A gorgeous rustic event venue set within 10-acres of lush-green landscape
- Wholesome, mouthwatering country dishes paired with family-grown, award-winning wines
- Onsite parking available
Crowne Plaza Pearl RiverfrontDocklands, Victoria, 3008 5.0
Pearl Riverfront at Crowne Plaza is a fresh, modern venue for weddings of distinction with a city location and waterfront views.
- Yarra River frontage
- State-of-the-art audio-visual technology
- Close to Melbourne's entertainment district
Zinc at Fed SquareMelbourne, Victoria, 3000 5.0
Zinc at Fed Square is a modern inner-city wedding venue in the heart of Melbourne, with floor-to-ceiling glass walls overlooking the Yarra River.
- Modern and stylish venue for weddings and events in Federation Square
- Floor-to-ceiling glass windows and customisable room layouts
- Seasonal food menus that can be tailored to suit any event
Related popular event spaces
Your Guide to the Best Wedding Reception Centres in Melbourne
Many couples opt to host their wedding ceremony is a separate location to their reception. This could be because they have fallen in love with a space that’s too small for their reception guest list or doesn’t have an attached function area, or they prefer to exchange vows with only a handful of witnesses. Regardless of the reasons, many couples accommodate for a location change from ceremony to reception on their wedding day.
When it comes to choosing wedding reception centres in Melbourne, there are an abundance of options. Whether you’re looking for an intimate space for your nearest and dearest, or you’re inviting a few suburbs worth of people to your wedding, our our Melbourne Venue experts have created a list of the biggest things to consider when it comes time to book your wedding reception venue in Melbourne.
VenueCrew Specialist Tip #1: Consider the distance between ceremony and reception.
If you’re getting married in a separate location to your wedding reception centre, one thing we recommend is keeping an eye on your schedule for the day. Do you have time to be driving 30+ minutes from point A to B, keeping in mind that you’ll likely be taking professional wedding photos on top of that?
Another thing to consider is your guests. Yes, this is your big day, but your family and friends want to spend as much time as possible with you and this can be difficult when everyone is jumping into cars or booking Ubers for an extended commute.
VenueCrew Specialist Tip #2: Finalise the number of guests.
There’s no denying that after 2020, Melbourne residents are begging for a chance to get together and celebrate; and what better reason to do that than for a wedding? Plenty of reception centres in Melbourne are geared to host weddings of all sizes, from intimate sit-down dinners to dancefloor-pumping parties.
Eureka 89 Southbank is set up to meet any sized guest list. This glass-encased reception centre is located within the iconic Eureka Tower, 300m above sea level, and boasts unbeatable views of the city and Yarra River. The Southern Point Room comfortable seats 40 guests, and features a custom-designed cocktail bar. The Northern Point Room is slightly larger, accommodating up to 120 guests and a dancefloor to get the party started. Your guest list north of 120 guests? Eureka 89 offers exclusive hire of both spaces, accommodating up to 198 seated guests or 400 in a standing arrangement. Download the Eureka 89 Southbank wedding brochure.
VenueCrew Specialist Tip #3: Find ways to create cohesion.
If your guests have come from the ceremony location which has been decorated a certain way, it’s a nice touch for them to walk into the reception centre and feel as though the two spaces are connected. This could be as simple as using the same or similar decor and colour scheme at both places. A good idea would be to find wedding reception centres in Melbourne that are blank canvases, able to be transformed and decorated to your exact specifications.
The Terrace is perfect for this. Not only is it located within the Melbourne Royal Botanic Gardens, which is chock full of popular ceremony spots, but it’s also close to several churches and the Victoria Marriage Registry. It’s also a blank canvas venue, meaning that the arrangement and decor are completely up for negotiation. A modern and contemporary space with floor-to-ceiling windows, this open and airy space overlooks Ornamental Lake and the sprawling gardens. Download The Terrace wedding brochure.
Frequently Asked Questions
According to the most up-to-date information, all reception centres in Melbourne require a COVID-safe plan.
The VenueCrew experts make the booking process simple. Make a list of your event requirements such as guest list, location of your ceremony, and schedule a chat with one of our Melbourne Venue Specialists. We’ll research the best wedding reception centres in Melbourne that meet your requirements, and all you need to do is confirm your booking!