Popular Party Venues Sydney
Whether you’re planning a Sydney party for a friend’s birthday, your own anniversary, a Christmas party, school formal, or engagement party, we’ve got you covered. There are countless party venues in Sydney from cosy nooks of beachfront bars to grand reception venues with epic ballrooms. Our Venue Specialists are on-hand and ready to select a party spot that’s fit for your grand fête — reach out to our Venue Specialists today .
Burnham Grove EstateCawdor, New South Wales, 2570 5.0
Burnham Grove Estate is a historic venue near Sydney that offers an elegant setting for estate weddings, corporate functions, and social events.
- Historic country property set on a 45-acre estate
- Picturesque gardens for outdoor events
- Purpose-built air-conditioned marquee
Sergeants’ Mess SydneyMosman, New South Wales, 2088 5.0
Sergeants’ Mess is a waterfront function and event venue in Sydney’s North Shore Chowder Bay precinct. It's the perfect place for hosting weddings, social events and corporate parties alike.
- Located right on the water’s edge of Sydney’s North Shore Chowder Bay precinct
- Choose from four different stunning event spaces
- Sweeping Sydney Harbour views
Zest Waterfront Venues Beachouse at Point PiperPoint Piper, New South Wales, 2027 5.0
Waterfront views, spectacular dining experiences and a lively ambience are the 3 things you can count on for any event at Beachouse at Point Piper.
- Two beautiful, modern function spaces available for exclusive hire
- Luxurious, centrally-located venue in the suburb of Rose Bay, housed within the Royal Motor Yacht Club
- A setting that combines luxury with beach chic; bright, lime wash timber floors and elegant oyster shell feature walls
Pier One SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Located on its own Sydney Harbour pier, Pier One Hotel Walsh Bay offers event venues that include a beautiful modern restaurant, an open-air perspex marquee and interior event spaces with window walls.
- Unrivalled Sydney location next to the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- 3 spacious and flexible event spaces with panoramic Walsh Bay views
- Outdoor marquee wedding venue with incredible photo opportunities
Gunners’ Barracks SydneyMosman, New South Wales, 2088 5.0
A sandstone heritage building in Mosman, Gunners' Barracks is an iconic Sydney event venue with waterfront views of Sydney Harbour and charming gathering spaces indoors and out.
- Expansive Harbour Terrace offers panoramic views across Sydney Harbour
- A collection of four private dining options
- Historic sandstone building dating back to the early 1800s
Ivy Ballroom by MerivaleSydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
In the famous ivy Precinct in Sydney's CBD, ivy Ballroom by Merivale is a luxurious, contemporary, glamorous event venue that's perfect for throwing large parties, dinners and functions.
- A large, contemporary event ballroom with tall ceilings
- Magnificent windows that flood the space with natural light
- Award-winning catering and dining experiences by the Merivale team
Zest Waterfront Venues Boathouse at The SpitMosman, New South Wales, 2088 5.0
The Boathouse at the Spit is a Mosman event venue that combines unbeatable waterfront views and the very best in culinary excellence.
- Panoramic views of Sydney Harbour
- Outdoor terrace attached to main indoor event space
- Full service event planning team includes in-house styling
InterContinental Sydney Double BayDouble Bay, New South Wales, 2028 5.0
A grand ballroom and seven corporate event spaces are on offer at InterContinental Double Bay, a waterview hotel with plush suites for all your event guests.
- Panoramic views over Double Bay Marina
- Stylish rooftop bar with an infinity pool
- Five-star boutique hotel
Sofitel Sydney WentworthSydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Events at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth are at once glamorous and modern, whether hosted in the bright restaurant space or the dramatic setting of the Art Deco ballroom.
- Art Deco style ballroom with glamorous details and lighting
- French-inspired interiors and garden courtyard
- Different styles of event spaces that suit both small gatherings and large galas
Intercontinental SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
A luxury hotel near the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House, InterContinental Sydney hosts elite weddings, corporate functions, and special events.
- Award-winning catering team
- Minutes from Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge
- Historic Treasury building
Related popular event spaces
How to Find an Awesome Sydney Party Venue
Sydney is a treasure trove of amazing restaurants, waterfront event spaces, and alfresco party spots. It’s no wonder this city always feels abuzz with energy.
Sydney’s hotel ballrooms are great for those wild school formals and Bat or Bar Mitzvahs. Meanwhile, there are many charming waterfront cottages with verandahs that are just perfect for a laidback engagement party or hen party brunch. In this city, there’s something for every party style.
Here are some tips for finding your Sydney party venue, straight from our Venue Finders.
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Style it Up!
The difference between a good party and an awesome one is all in the ambience.
Will your Sydney birthday party guests be into a relaxed outdoor atmosphere with craft cocktails and delicious food? If that’s your vibe, a party space with Sydney Harbour views will be right up your alley.
If you’re all about the late-night packed dancefloor, a Sydney ballroom venue might be your best bet, as you can party late and have the digs all to yourselves.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Sort Out Accommodation Early
Sydney hotels book far in advance. While there are many options available across the city, if you’re planning a party and many guests are travelling to attend, it’s common courtesy to secure a block of hotel rooms for those guests.
Our Venue Finders have visited the many luxury five-star hotels in Sydney as well as boutique hotels in Bondi Beach, Double Bay, and beyond, and they’re happy to talk you through your options.
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Have a Plan for Your Party Guests’ Arrival and Departure
- Sydney Metro, buses, ferries, light rail, taxis, and rideshares are all great options for your party guests.
- Many hosts also offer party buses depending on the location and accessibility of their Sydney party.
- Parking in the city centre is limited, but many Sydney party venues offer valet parking or parking amenities if this is a priority for your guests.
Venue Finder Tip No. 4: Contact Our Venue Specialists to Make Selecting a Venue Quick
Searching for a Sydney party venue doesn’t have to be a monumental task — contact our Venue Finders today , and we’ll provide you with the top picks based on the type of party you’re planning and the atmosphere that interests you.
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends what kind of party you’re throwing and the atmosphere you’d like to create.
Sydney garden party venues like the Royal Botanic Garden and Domain are a big hit for daytime events like engagement parties and bridal showers, while local restaurants like Kittyhawk and Hyde Hacienda make fabulous party spots for an evening crowd.
Every venue has a different way of setting its pricing. Most restaurants and party venues will set a minimum price for food and beverage. Some Sydney party venues also require a minimum guest count or a fee to hire the venue space.
We make it easy. Here’s how it works:
- Select a local party spot (or a few)
- Request an appointment with us so we can discuss your party plans
- We’ll match you with venues that suit your style
- You attend site inspections to narrow it down to your number one pick