Popular Birthday Party Venues Melbourne
Throwing a birthday party in Melbourne? There are so many exciting ages in life and they all deserve to be celebrated! From first birthday parties through to 18ths and every decade thereafter, Melbourne definitely knows how to party. Whatever idea you have for a birthday party celebration, our Venue Specialists can help you nail the perfect Melbourne birthday party venue for your budget, style and guest list. Contact our Venue Finders today .
Two Ton MaxNorth Melbourne, Victoria, 3051 5.0
Boasting a sophisticated industrial aesthetic, Two Ton Max is a modern warehouse event venue in North Melbourne with a flexible open-plan layout.
- Flexible event venue with spacious, open-plan interiors
- Convenient North Melbourne location with a secluded and hidden feel
- Exposed beams, polished concrete floors, and high ceilings
Leonda by the YarraHawthorn, Victoria, 3122 5.0
Set on the riverfront in leafy Hawthorn, Leonda by the Yarra blends luxury ambience, bush views and top-notch hospitality for events of all types.
- Located in the tranquil and leafy Melbourne suburb of Hawthorn, minutes from Melbourne's CBD
- Luxury waterfront event venue
- Variety of event spaces includes two gorgeous, spacious ballrooms
San Remo BallroomCarlton North, Victoria, 3054 5.0
San Remo Ballroom is a renowned ballroom event venue with flexible interiors, located just 2km from the heart of Melbourne’s CBD.
- Recently renovated with elegant contemporary furnishings
- Sophisticated Art Deco interiors, high ornate ceilings and grand crystal chandeliers
- Large circular central dancefloor
Park Hyatt MelbourneMelbourne, Victoria, 3002 5.0
Centrally located Park Hyatt Melbourne is an elegant 5-star hotel with plush function spaces that are suitable for both intimate events and grand occasions.
- Range of elegant function spaces, suitable for both intimate events and grand occasions
- Exquisite, 5-star catering with exceptional service standards
- Centrally-located, with plenty of public transport links nearby, within the Free Tram Zone and on-site parking
Shadowfax WineryWerribee South, Victoria, 3030 5.0
Located within heritage Werribee Park, Shadowfax Winery is a boutique event space that blends country charm with modern aesthetics.
- Located within heritage-listed Werribee Park
- Close to boutique accommodation
- Country location with modern architecture
Jardin TanSouth Yarra, Victoria, 3141 5.0
Located on the edge of Melbourne’s CBD in the iconic Royal Botanic Gardens, Jardin Tan boasts three flexible venue spaces with modern style.
- Located in the iconic Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Flexible event spaces depending on guest capacity
- Prime Melbourne CBD location, close to public transport
Yarra Valley LodgeChirnside Park, Victoria, 3116 5.0
Set on a picturesque estate, Yarra Valley Lodge offers elegant and contemporary event spaces for corporate functions and social gatherings near Melbourne.
- Picturesque Yarra Valley location
- Light-filled conservatory overlooking the gardens
- Gourmet menus and fine local wines
The Plaza Ballroom MelbourneMelbourne, Victoria, 3000 5.0
Located within the iconic Regent Theatre, the Plaza Ballroom is one of Melbourne’s grandest corporate and social events spaces.
- Located at the Regent Theatre
- Spanish Rococo architecture
- Spacious ballroom with proscenium arch stage
Chateau Yering HotelYering, Victoria, 3770 5.0
A luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Yarra Valley's wine country, Chateau Yering includes four private event rooms alongside 32 plush guest suites.
- A contemporary venue set in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Victoria’s oldest wine region
- Gorgeous wedding photo ops include the vineyards, the sunken garden, or in front of the grand stairway
- Menus prepared with quality local produce sourced from around the Yarra Valley region
Metropolis EventsSouthbank, Victoria, 3006 5.0
A loft-like space overlooking the Yarra, Metropolis Melbourne is known to host amazing events with special attention to the food and wine experience.
- Sweeping views of the city skyline and the Yarra River
- Warehouse style features include soaring ceilings and window walls
- Stylish New York loft style venue space with modern finishings
Related popular event spaces
Your Guide to the Best Birthday Venues in Melbourne
Melbournians love a party, and we’ll take any excuse to gather our mates and loves ones to celebrate a special occasion. What better reason to bring your friends and family together at one of Melbourne’s gorgeous venues than to celebrate a birthday?
Our Melbourne Venue Finders today are always on the lookout for the best places to celebrate special occasions and are on hand to help you find the perfect venue for your birthday event. There are a few things worth considering before you begin your search, so let our experts offer you some tips and advice.
VenueCrew Specialist Tip #1: Decide what mood you want to set
Everyone has a different idea of the perfect way to spend their birthday. For some, an intimate lunch or dinner with their nearest and dearest is their idea of a great time. For others, a raging party with flowing drinks is the way to go.
The Chinese Room at Chateau Yering Hotel is designed for small lunch or dinner parties, seating up to 14 people in the elegant space. Large windows open out onto the heritage-listed gardens and boasting fare from the onsite chefs. You and your guests will be treated to dishes from the Sweetwater Cafe menu for lunch or Eleonore’s Restaurant for dinner. Download the Chateau Yering Hotel brochure.
To turn the party up (literally), book your birthday bash on the 89th floor of Eureka Tower at Eureka 89. Playing host to decadent breakfasts, lavish lunches, and cocktail party dinners, this luxury event space overlooks the city and Yarra River from up amongst the clouds. Bring in a band or a DJ to get the dancefloor packed with up to 198 dining guests. Download the Eureka 89 brochure.
VenueCrew Specialist Tip #2: Day or night?
Fancy a spot of breakfast or lunch with your mates? Consider a gourmet brunch or high tea soiree with your friends at the Park Hyatt Melbourne.
This sophisticated 5-star hotel has plenty of event spaces to choose from, but our experts suggest hosting your birthday brunch or lunch in either the Cuba or Private Dining Room. Cuba has a cosy fireplace and armchairs, the Dining Room overlooks a Tuscan-inspired Garden. In either space, you’ll be treated to delicious catering from the onsite culinary team. Download the Park Hyatt brochure.
More interested in an evening birthday affair? Why not make it an overnight event at Fergusson Winery in the Yarra Valley? You have three event spaces to choose from, depending on the size of your guest list. More intimate events are held in the Cellar Door or Barrel Room, and larger events can take over the Rustic Restaurant. Your meals will be handled by Master chef and owner Louise Fergusson, using seasonal and local ingredients. Download the Fergusson Winery brochure.
VenueCrew Specialist Tip #3: Consider the location.
A good thing to keep in mind is location, especially if you’ve got guests coming from all over Melbourne. A venue that is close to public transport or easy for Ubers and taxis to access is ideal. Additionally, you may want to kick on to a bar or club after your birthday celebration has ended for the evening. If that’s your idea of a good time, we recommend birthday venues within the Melbourne CBD.
Frequently Asked Questions
With VenueCrew, it’s simple. Our Melbourne Venue Finders are always on the hunt for the best event venues in the city, finding a range of places that suit any kind of special occasion. Need a hand finding the right one for your needs? Book a chat with our team, and they’ll find the perfect venue for you.
Each venue will have its own COVID-Safe rules regarding capacity and distancing. Our Venue Finders will advise you on the latest regulations, so you know how many invites to send out!