Popular Engagement Party Venues Sydney
Ohh, congrats on your engagement! What a heady time this is. If you’re keen to show off a sparkler at an engagement party with your nearest and dearest, Sydney has some stunning venue options on show. From restaurants overlooking the harbour to cocktail bars and breweries, your Sydney engagement party venue will set the tone for the future big event! Our expert Venue Finders make your venue quest hassle-free. Reach out for help today .
Burnham Grove EstateCawdor, New South Wales, 2570 5.0
Burnham Grove Estate is a historic venue near Sydney that offers an elegant setting for estate weddings, corporate functions, and social events.
- Historic country property set on a 45-acre estate
- Picturesque gardens for outdoor events
- Purpose-built air-conditioned marquee
Sergeants’ Mess SydneyMosman, New South Wales, 2088 5.0
Sergeants’ Mess is a waterfront function and event venue in Sydney’s North Shore Chowder Bay precinct. It's the perfect place for hosting weddings, social events and corporate parties alike.
- Located right on the water’s edge of Sydney’s North Shore Chowder Bay precinct
- Choose from four different stunning event spaces
- Sweeping Sydney Harbour views
Zest Waterfront Venues Beachouse at Point PiperPoint Piper, New South Wales, 2027 5.0
Waterfront views, spectacular dining experiences and a lively ambience are the 3 things you can count on for any event at Beachouse at Point Piper.
- Two beautiful, modern function spaces available for exclusive hire
- Luxurious, centrally-located venue in the suburb of Rose Bay, housed within the Royal Motor Yacht Club
- A setting that combines luxury with beach chic; bright, lime wash timber floors and elegant oyster shell feature walls
Pier One SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Located on its own Sydney Harbour pier, Pier One Hotel Walsh Bay offers event venues that include a beautiful modern restaurant, an open-air perspex marquee and interior event spaces with window walls.
- Unrivalled Sydney location next to the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- 3 spacious and flexible event spaces with panoramic Walsh Bay views
- Outdoor marquee wedding venue with incredible photo opportunities
Gunners’ Barracks SydneyMosman, New South Wales, 2088 5.0
A sandstone heritage building in Mosman, Gunners' Barracks is an iconic Sydney event venue with waterfront views of Sydney Harbour and charming gathering spaces indoors and out.
- Expansive Harbour Terrace offers panoramic views across Sydney Harbour
- A collection of four private dining options
- Historic sandstone building dating back to the early 1800s
Ivy Ballroom by MerivaleSydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
In the famous ivy Precinct in Sydney's CBD, ivy Ballroom by Merivale is a luxurious, contemporary, glamorous event venue that's perfect for throwing large parties, dinners and functions.
- A large, contemporary event ballroom with tall ceilings
- Magnificent windows that flood the space with natural light
- Award-winning catering and dining experiences by the Merivale team
Zest Waterfront Venues Boathouse at The SpitMosman, New South Wales, 2088 5.0
The Boathouse at the Spit is a Mosman event venue that combines unbeatable waterfront views and the very best in culinary excellence.
- Panoramic views of Sydney Harbour
- Outdoor terrace attached to main indoor event space
- Full service event planning team includes in-house styling
InterContinental Sydney Double BayDouble Bay, New South Wales, 2028 5.0
A grand ballroom and seven corporate event spaces are on offer at InterContinental Double Bay, a waterview hotel with plush suites for all your event guests.
- Panoramic views over Double Bay Marina
- Stylish rooftop bar with an infinity pool
- Five-star boutique hotel
Sofitel Sydney WentworthSydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Events at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth are at once glamorous and modern, whether hosted in the bright restaurant space or the dramatic setting of the Art Deco ballroom.
- Art Deco style ballroom with glamorous details and lighting
- French-inspired interiors and garden courtyard
- Different styles of event spaces that suit both small gatherings and large galas
Intercontinental SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
A luxury hotel near the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House, InterContinental Sydney hosts elite weddings, corporate functions, and special events.
- Award-winning catering team
- Minutes from Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge
- Historic Treasury building
Related popular event spaces
A Guide to Finding the Perfect Sydney Engagement Party Venue
Engagement party venues in Sydney are strewn across the city, from Bondi Beach to Mosman and in the heart of the CBD too. Whether you want to host your own party or you’re holding an engagement party for your best friends, we’ve got an entire list of venues you’ll want to check out.
Here are our top tips for hosting a Sydney engagement party that’s fun, fun, fun!
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Consider various locations and destinations across Sydney
Love a good, relaxed beach vibe? We fully support that sentiment. A great spot for an engagement party on the beach is Zest Beachouse at Point Piper, overlooking Sydney’s picturesque Rose Bay. This stunning waterfront venue boasts stylish modern interiors and two impressive function spaces.
If an urban venue in Sydney CBD with a stylish setting is more your engagement party style, check out the event spaces at Establishment Bar and Establishment Ballroom — both are located with the Establishment Precinct and run by legendary catering all-stars, Merivale.
Mosman is also a gorgeous engagement party destination with venues like Gunners’ Barracks and Sergeants’ Mess setting waterfront backdrops and offering plenty of space for a large engagement bash. Both are run by Grand Pacific Group, a catering team that’s known for delivering a bold, modern experience for private parties and events.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Get creative with the overall guest experience
The great thing about planning an engagement party is that you don’t have to worry about following a specific format for the event — you might want to do a formal seated dinner, or a casual cocktail party could feel more enjoyable for the couple.
You could go so far as to coordinate something like a wine tasting engagement party for the occasion. Sydney Urban Winery would be a great backdrop for this sort of event. Not only do they make their own wines and lead fun, interactive tasting workshops, but the space is beautiful and doesn’t need much dressing up.
For a boozy brunch, Vibe Rushcutters Bay is a beauty. The event space here is light-filled and relaxed, giving you and your guests that lovely experience of being both indoors and out on a nice, sunny Sydney day.
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Consider a hotel venue
Hotel venues make it really easy to host an engagement party while staying in budget and still providing guests with a lovely experience. Sydney hotels that host engagement parties run the gamut from intimate boutique hotels to lavish five-star hotels and resorts.
Set in The Rocks and overlooking Sydney Harbour, 55 George Street offers a rooftop engagement party venue at Rydges Sydney Harbour Hotel. Host a cocktail party here at sunset and you’ll be celebrating just as that golden light cloaks the city and lights up the view.
The bright, modern space at Garden Court Restaurant inside Sofitel Sydney Wentworth Hotel is also a gem of a find for brunch engagement parties. The venue is peaceful and serene, serves delicious food and makes it easy to gather with a group of your nearest and dearest over a mid-morning or early afternoon event.
Frequently Asked Questions
Venues price their hire spaces in a variety of ways. For instance, many restaurants offer either semi-private or private dining for a minimum food and beverage spend. Event spaces in hotels also follow a minimum spend agreement, or they might require a room hire fee as well. Venues that don’t include catering usually require a flat room hire fee.
We work with venues all across Sydney to bring you the very best selection. Here’s how VenueCrew works:
- You’ll reach out to VenueCrew and let us know what you’re looking for in an engagement party venue
- We’ll send over a handpicked selection of venues matched to you
- You’ll sign a contract with your fave and get the ball rolling
Whether you’re planning your own engagement party or hosting it for dear friends, finding the right venue is really all about the atmosphere you want to create. If you’re into something super casual at a trendy restaurant, Kittyhawk Sydney is a gorgeous option. If you’re looking for a space that’s grand and formal, but really easy to plan a private event with, hotels like Pier One Sydney Harbour and Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay are perfect. For more recommendations that are perfectly matched to your engagement party, speak with one of our brilliant local Venue Specialists.