Popular Reception Centre Venues Sydney
Dotted all throughout the glamorous city of Sydney are gorgeous reception centre wedding venues of every style, size and budget. Reception centres are purpose-built for weddings meaning they cater exceptionally well to all kinds of classic, traditional and cultural weddings. If this sounds like you, start your venue hunt with one of the many reception centre wedding venues Sydney has to offer. Ask our Venue Finders for their expert recommendations today.
Sergeants’ Mess SydneyMosman, New South Wales, 2088 5.0
Looking for a wedding venue with Sydney Harbour views that also serves amazing food? Sergeants' Mess, with catering by the award-winning Grand Pacific Group, is an absolute stunner.
- Located right on the water’s edge of Sydney’s North Shore Chowder Bay precinct
- Choose from four different stunning event spaces
- Sweeping Sydney Harbour views
Hyatt Regency SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Hyatt Regency is a popular choice for glamorous ballroom weddings in Sydney, with its luxury accommodation and unrivalled Darling Harbour location.
- Unrivalled CBD location next to Sydney’s iconic Darling Harbour
- Two stunning ballroom spaces for glamorous weddings
- 888 luxurious guest rooms and suites with modern décor and deluxe amenities
Ottimo House SydneyDenham Court, New South Wales, 2565 5.0
The untouched countryside and manicured gardens at Ottimo House Sydney sets a fairytale scene for couples seeking a romantic wedding immersed in nature.
- Seamless combination of rustic and modern architecture
- Culinary team led by executive chef
- Located on 500 acres of historic Denham Court Estate
Gunners’ Barracks SydneyMosman, New South Wales, 2088 5.0
Set in the hills of Mosman, Gunners’ Barracks is a historic sandstone building and heritage wedding venue with a charming courtyard for your ceremony and a waterfront terrace reception space.
- Expansive Harbour Terrace offers panoramic views across Sydney Harbour
- A collection of four private dining options
- Historic sandstone building dating back to the early 1800s
Ivy Ballroom by MerivaleSydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
A grand, contemporary, and luxurious wedding venue, ivy Ballroom by Merivale is an impressive space to celebrate your union in style, right in the heart of Sydney's CBD.
- A large, contemporary event ballroom with tall ceilings
- Magnificent windows that flood the space with natural light
- Award-winning catering and dining experiences by the Merivale team
Chateau ElanRothbury, New South Wales, 2320 5.0
Weddings at Chateau Elan at The Vintage Hunter Valley combine elegant garden party aesthetics with country club sophistication.
- Located on a beautifully manicured golf course and rolling hills
- Historic sandstone chapel on site
- Luxury boutique style accommodation
Four Seasons Hotel SydneyThe Rocks, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Weddings at the Four Seasons Hotel Sydney are the full package: gorgeous receptions, bespoke wedding packages, unforgettable experiences, and an enviable location inside one of Sydney's famed five-star hotels.
- Central Sydney location, close to numerous iconic landmarks
- An award-winning five-star hotel with a dedicated events team
- Multiple reception spaces with flexible seating arrangements
Intercontinental SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
The iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House are the backdrops to your glamorous wedding at the 5-star InterContinental Sydney hotel.
- Award-winning catering team
- Minutes from Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge
- Historic Treasury building
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Contemporary luxury meets heritage charm at the 5-star Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, making it the perfect setting for an inner-city wedding.
- Timeless heritage-listed building with nine event spaces
- Convenient location in the heart of Sydney CBD
- Luxury 5-star hotel with 364 elegant rooms and suites
The Tea Room QVB Ballroom SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
If an iconic Sydney wedding venue is what you're after, you'll love the glamorous scene at The Tea Room QVB in the Queen Victoria Building. Soaring ceilings, huge chandeliers, award-winning catering, the list goes on!
- Grand ballroom housed in one of Sydney's landmark heritage buildings
- An opulent event space boasting crystal chandeliers & huge ceilings
- Ideally located in the heart of Sydney on George Street
Related popular event spaces
Your Guide to the Best Sydney Wedding Reception Centres
If you’re looking for a venue that’s specifically designed to host events, then reception centres are your go-to category. These purpose-built venues are designed and built to host intimate and large groups of people for events ranging from weddings, baby showers, engagements, birthdays, anniversaries, galas, and much more. With flexible room arrangements, in-house or external catering options, and a dedicated events coordinator, reception centres make an ideal spot for weddings.
Our Sydney Venue Specialists have spent years curating a list of the city’s best reception centres, and below are their top tips to choosing the perfect one to host your dream wedding.
Venue Specialist Tip #1: Consider your guest list.
Having tallied all your nearest, dearest, and obligation invites, what is your guest list looking like? Do you need a sizeable ballroom-esque space suitable for hundreds of guests, or is something cosier more your speed? A great thing about reception centres is that they can often cater to both parties with multiple rooms or flexible spaces.
If you’re after something grand, it’s hard to go past The Tea Room QVB Ballroom, located within the Queen Victoria Building on George St. The Ballroom itself can accommodate up to 300 people and boasts uninterrupted views of Sydney Harbour, soaring ceilings, Baccarat crystal chandeliers, and a historical atmosphere. Download the Tea Room QVB Ballroom brochure.
Venue Specialist Tip #2: Location, location, location.
The next thing to consider is the location. Do you want to stay city-based, or are you keen on an escape to the country? Reception centres don’t often come with attached accommodation, so if you’re keen on a venue that’s a decent journey, then check out local hotels, Airbnbs, or resorts nearby.
If you want to stay within the city limits, check out ivy Ballroom by Merivale. Located on George St in the CBD, this glamorous location is perfect for couples who want to indulge in luxury. An in-house team of stylists, florists, and event producers work with you to decorate the large and contemporary space, and guests enjoy using the garden terrace for a pre-dinner cocktail and canapes. Download the ivy Ballroom by Merivale brochure.
Venue Specialist Tip #3: Decide what kind of catering you require.
Reception centres often have either in-house catering or an exclusive list of trusted suppliers. If you’re after a specific cuisine or dietary option, it might be worth finding out which venues can accommodate your needs.
Dunbar House has an onsite culinary team that’s headed by an executive chef, Rob Crichton. The team designs bespoke menus for each event they host, ensuring that your needs are met (be they dietary or cultural requests). With a focus on British-Asian cuisine, Dunbar House presents innovative dishes that are designed to inspire. Download the Dunbar House brochure here.
Frequently Asked Questions
You’ve landed in the right place. Our Sydney Venue Specialists have the inside scoop on sourcing the best reception venues that will suit your needs perfectly. Book a chat one of our specialists today to get started on securing your dream wedding venue.