Popular Birthday Party Venues London
You only have a birthday once a year and we think that’s worth living up! London is home to some brilliant birthday party venues ready to entertain you and your guests. From elegant restaurants and laidback lounges to riotous rooftop bars, there’s a unique London birthday party venue made for whatever milestone you’re toasting. Let our Venue Finders know your budget and vibe and they’ll match you with the perfect place. Cheers!
113 Chancery Lane113 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1PL 5.0
In the heart of central London, 113 Chancery Lane is an elegant, sophisticated, and grand 19th-century event venue.
- Exquisitely decorated with stained glass windows and original candle chandeliers
- Exclusive use of the grade II listed Georgian building for your wedding day
- Outstanding catering provided by CH&CO Venues
116 Pall Mall116 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5ED 5.0
Five floors of exquisite event venues await at 116 Pall Mall in central London. Here, you can host a party in what feels like your own private museum.
- One of London’s most prestigious locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions
- Renowned for its opulent decor, period charm and first-class service
- Georgian venue dating back to the early 1820s with unique period features
8 Northumberland Avenue8 Northumberland Avenue, London, WC2N 5BY 5.0
8 Northumberland Avenue London is a luxury events venue housed in a stunning Grade II listed building, moments from Trafalgar Square.
- Grand ballroom space in the heart of Central London
- Grade II listed building with towering ceilings and impressive chandeliers
- Feels like your very own private palace
Balfour St Barts66 West Smithfield, London, EC1A 9DY 5.0
Overlooking Smithfield Market, Balfour St Barts is a cool all-day bar and industrial event venue with both private and semi-private hire options.
- Unique London wedding reception venue with urban charm and industrial style
- Indoor and outdoor event spaces to choose from
- Located in the heart of the city overlooking St Paul’s Cathedral
Banking HallCornhill, London, EC3V 3ND 5.0
Camm & Hooper’s Banking Hall London is a stunning Art Deco venue for large capacity events with the wow factor.
- Grand, historic setting with an old world atmosphere
- Bespoke catering and packages through event experts Camm & Hooper
- Awesome central London location surrounded by wedding photo opportunities
Banqueting House LondonWhitehall, London, SW1A 2ER 5.0
17th-century murals decorate the ceilings overhead at Banqueting House, an iconic London event venue with all the trimmings of a royal dining hall.
- Truly spectacular venue in London with capacity for 500 guests
- Licensed for civil ceremonies in the stunning Main Hall and Undercroft
- Afternoon and evening hire available
Belair House5 Gallery Road, London, SE21 7AB 5.0
Belair House is a grand Georgian manse surrounded by gardens and parkland — perfect for any event that spans both indoors and out.
- Traditional manor house wedding venue surrounded by gardens and parkland
- Fully licensed for civil wedding ceremonies in the first-floor ballroom
- Convenient location on the edge of London in peaceful Dulwich
Butchers’ Hall London87 Bartholomew Close, London, EC1A 7EB 5.0
Butchers’ Hall London is an elegant and traditional livery hall venue that’s available for private functions, weddings, and meetings in the heart of the city.
- Historic livery hall with five versatile event spaces
- Spectacular Great Hall with opulent interiors
- Impressive rooftop garden terrace overlooking Central London
Century Club London61-63 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 6LQ 5.0
Century Club is home to Soho's largest rooftop event space, a lively open-plan terrace with dangling greenery, a retractable roof and big city views.
- Exclusive private members club for civil ceremonies and chic wedding receptions
- Four floors of event spaces, including a large rooftop terrace
- Exquisite interior and decor including exposed brickwork and floor-to-ceiling windows
Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch335-337 Old Street, London, EC1V 9LL 5.0
Set in the arts hub of Shoreditch, Courthouse Hotel is a luxury 5-star hotel that hosts glamorous weddings and events in its cool, modern event space.
- Sought-after destination for romantic and glamorous weddings in London
- Expansive open-air sky terrace with spectacular London views
- Located in the artistic epicentre of Central London
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to London Birthday Party Venues
Are you looking to mark a special milestone — a 30th birthday, a Bar Mitzvah or a big 21st? London is home to the best birthday party venues in the UK. From characterful pubs with historic charm to sky-high spaces overlooking the city, there is a birthday venue to suit every style of event. If you pick the right vibe, you might even enhance your theme without having to bring additional decor. Trust VenueCrew to set the stage for an unforgettable night.
Suppose you’re searching for a rustic birthday party venue that has space for the kids to keep entertained whilst the adults hit the dancefloor. In that case, RSA House has the ultimate combination. The Vaults on the lower floor have exposed brickwork arches and an atmospheric disco vibe, plus, the children can watch movies in the cinema along the corridor. Find out more about the party packages and pricing details on the RSA House venue profile.
If you’d prefer a modern party venue, OXO2 on the banks of the River Thames is a hit for birthday celebrations no matter your age. Its white warehouse style allows you to get creative with the colour scheme, and the adaptable walls can be pulled across or left open to suit the size of your guest list. The waterfront venue also features floor-to-ceiling windows looking out onto the river and in-house catering provided by the award-winning CH&CO. Find out more party hire info on the OXO2 event brochure.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Classic English Pubs Have a Welcoming Atmosphere
There’s no place quite as enchanting as an old English pub, with charming beams, brass beer taps and cosy fireplaces. If this the atmosphere you’d like for a relaxed 50th or 70th celebration, a pub party venue could be a great idea.
The Dickens Inn in St Katharine Docks is a spectacular 18th-century pub that looks as though it’s from the pages of a storybook. Featuring hanging flower baskets, sturdy beams, and wooden panelled interiors, it’s a cosy setting where everyone will feel at home. Upstairs on the first floor, there’s a barn style function room that you can hire privately. You can BYO decorations and corkage options are also available. Find out more by downloading the Dickens Inn event brochure.
Similarly, St Bart’s Brewery in Farringdon has a laidback pub appeal. It has a fully stocked bar, in-house menu and an upper balcony, which gives a theatrical feel to the venue. Birthday parties are always memorable here, so if you’d like to learn more, check out the St Bart’s Brewery brochure or speak to a London Venue Specialist .
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: London Restaurants Create a Relaxed Party Ambience
Are you looking for a casual party venue for your 30th Birthday? VenueCrew has a list of fantastic restaurants up our sleeves that make unrivalled urban settings for events. When you book a restaurant venue, there are plenty of benefits, including the fact that all the food and drink are dealt with in-house. The costs are also often lower as they usually work on a minimum spend basis. Sound good? Speak to a London Venue Specialist to find out more.
If a wine bar is your scene, then the Humble Grape Fleet Street is a cosmopolitan venue tucked beneath St Bride’s Church. The original crypts are now a wine cellar, and you can host an interactive wine tasting with the in-house sommelier. Have a look at the Humble Grape brochure for more details.
Another stylish bar venue we recommend is the South Place Hotel in East London. Le Chiffre is its intimate lounge equipped with a private bar and an elegant pool table — it’s perfect for an afterparty beyond the main event in the restaurant or secret garden. Discover the South Place Hotel venue profile to see whether it suits your style.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Grand Ballrooms Are Great for Large Parties
Are you planning a joint birthday party, a big Bar Mitzvah or a 21st party where all your family and friends can attend? If so, look no further than London’s ballroom scene, where the large capacities allow you to invite everyone for dinner, dancing and entertainment. Have a chat with one of our London Venue Specialists to get to know what’s on offer on your desired date.
The Grand Connaught Rooms in Holborn is a popular choice for large parties. Its eclectic ballroom features dazzling chandeliers, colour changing LEDs and enough room to seat 440 guests with a dancefloor. Your guests will be impressed from the moment they walk in. Find out more details about the variety of event spaces on the Grand Connaught Rooms brochure.
Nearby, the 5-star Kimpton Fitzroy London has a global reputation for its signature luxury service and beautifully restored event spaces. Its ballroom has a double-height ceiling and a private street entrance, and the adjacent Palm Court features lush lounge seats and glossy bar. For a standing or seated reception, this is a party venue worth looking at on your ballroom search. To find out more information, you can visit the Kimpton Fitzroy London venue profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 4: Call VenueCrew For A Free Consultation
Birthday parties can be so much fun to plan and organise if you book your venue in good time. With the location details sorted, you can send out the invites and design all the decorations to match your theme. Suppose you’re looking for a unique birthday party venue for your 60th birthday or a Great Gatsby style space for a 40th party. Whatever your idea, VenueCrew can point you in the right direction. Chat to a London Venue Specialist today .
Found the perfect location for your Australian outdoor wedding? If not, get in touch today. Our amazing Venue Specialists will match you with a list of the best outdoor wedding
Frequently Asked Questions
We take out the stress of the party venue search. Here’s how it works:
- Write down your event venue requirements, preferred date and guest number
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew London Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes and book you in to view your favourite birthday party venues
- You confirm your party date, send out the invites, and sort the themed details
London is an exciting city to throw the ultimate birthday party. Popular party venues include The Oyster Shed’s waterfront location, Devonshire Terrace’s spacious covered courtyard area, and The Gherkin’s private party rooms overlooking the city. VenueCrew can pair you up with the best London venue for you.