To make your next corporate event one to remember, consider a few of these unusual corporate event venues in Melbourne. From a converted warehouse to a hidden rooftop bar,
Popular Party Venues Melbourne
When you host a party in Melbourne you’ll know why it’s been consistently voted one of the world’s most liveable cities. From the impeccable food scene with every cuisine conceivable to the welcoming vibe of Melburnians themselves, Melbourne party venues are as friendly as they are stylish and progressive. So how do you navigate through the myriad of amazing Melbourne party venues? With the help of our Venue Specialists . They know how to party!
Jardin TanSouth Yarra, Victoria, 3141 5.0
Located on the edge of Melbourne’s CBD in the iconic Royal Botanic Gardens, Jardin Tan boasts three flexible venue spaces with modern style.
- Located in the iconic Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Flexible event spaces depending on guest capacity
- Prime Melbourne CBD location, close to public transport
Crowne Plaza Pearl RiverfrontDocklands, Victoria, 3008 5.0
Pearl Riverfront hosts extraordinary events, weddings, and celebrations from its prime location beneath Crowne Plaza on the Yarra River.
- Yarra River frontage
- State-of-the-art audio-visual technology
- Close to Melbourne's entertainment district
Eureka 89Southbank, Victoria, 3006 5.0
Searching for a luxury event venue with a view? Eureka 89 looks over the whole of Melbourne from the top floor of iconic Southbank landmark, Eureka Tower.
- Highest event space in the southern hemisphere
- Wraparound floor-to-ceiling windows showcasing panoramic views of Melbourne CBD and the Yarra River
- Choice of two flexible, open plan event spaces or option for whole venue hire for full exclusivity
The Hotel WindsorMelbourne, Victoria, 3000 5.0
A 19th Century grand hotel with all the modern fixtures, The Hotel Windsor Melbourne is a heritage space for weddings, special events, and corporate functions.
- Historic Melbourne hotel
- 19th Century Victorian architecture
- Melbourne CBD location
The Savoy on Little CollinsMelbourne, Victoria, 3000 5.0
The Savoy Hotel on Little Collins is a heritage hotel with Art Deco event venues that'll feel glam and sophisticated to your guests, whether you're hosting a grand occasion or a corporate event.
- Heritage 163-room 4.5-star hotel with elegant accommodation options
- Conveniently located in Melbourne’s bustling CBD
- Located in the west end business district of Melbourne
Le CielCremorne, Victoria, 3121 5.0
Le Ciel is an exclusive penthouse space for sophisticated weddings and high-end events, boasting panoramic views of Melbourne’s city skyline.
- Luxury penthouse events venue
- Rooftop terrace with unbeatable views
- Panoramic views of Melbourne CBD and sporting precinct
The Baths Middle BrightonBrighton, Victoria, 3186 5.0
Boasting a waterfront location with exceptional views over the bay and beyond, The Baths Middle Brighton is one of Melbourne’s favourite events venues.
- Waterfront events venue
- Close to Brighton Beach Boxes
- Short drive from Melbourne CBD
Chateau Yering HotelYering, Victoria, 3770 5.0
A luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Yarra Valley's wine country, Chateau Yering includes four private event rooms alongside 32 plush guest suites.
- A contemporary venue set in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Victoria’s oldest wine region
- Gorgeous wedding photo ops include the vineyards, the sunken garden, or in front of the grand stairway
- Menus prepared with quality local produce sourced from around the Yarra Valley region
Elmswood EstateSeville, Victoria, 3139 5.0
Set on a picturesque 25-acre vineyard in the Upper Yarra Valley, Elmswood Estate has four flexible event spaces with panoramic views.
- Picturesque Yarra Valley location with panoramic vineyard views
- Four venue locations to choose from, with indoor and outdoor options
- Dedicated on-site functions coordinator for the duration of your event
Yarra Valley LodgeChirnside Park, Victoria, 3116 5.0
Set on a picturesque estate, Yarra Valley Lodge offers elegant and contemporary event spaces for corporate functions and social gatherings near Melbourne.
- Picturesque Yarra Valley location
- Light-filled conservatory overlooking the gardens
- Gourmet menus and fine local wines
Related popular event spaces
Everything You Need to Know About Finding A Melbourne Party Venue
So you’re planning a Melbourne party or celebration. Where do you begin? Of course, there’s the amazing scene you’ve dreamt up in your head – but there’s actually a lot to consider, especially if you want your event to make an impression. Our Venue Finders excel at taking your vision and matching it to the perfect Melbourne party venue that will be the spot-on space in which to fill it with your friends, loved ones and revellers of every kind. Here are some ideas to take away:
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Start Broad – What Kind Of Melbourne Party Are You Having?
- This might seem obvious but are you hosting a 21st birthday party, engagement party or a farewell dinner party? This will help determine whether you’re after a refined function room in an upscale Melbourne hotel, a private or semi-private Melbourne restaurant space or a riotous Melbourne rooftop bar.
- Is your Melbourne party one event – like a surprise party – (in which a secluded Melbourne warehouse space might be appropriate!) or a series of events built into a full day or weekend – like hens’ parties, bucks’ parties or milestone birthdays?
- Multi-event parties in Melbourne could see you hopping from high-tea at a 5-star Melbourne hotel to Negronis at a trendy Melbourne cocktail bar to dinner in a private dining room of a Michelin-star Melbourne restaurant.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Narrow Down To Location – Is It The Scene Or Convenience Of Your Melbourne Party That Matters Most?
- Next work out which Melbourne suburb will be best – to both the occasion and the convenience of your guests.
- If your celebration is a momentous one with a sizable guest list of important invitees (think: engagement parties, anniversary parties and Christmas parties), then perhaps Melbourne’s bustling city centre is the perfect place for both atmosphere and accessibility. Start your search with Metropolis or Eureka Skydeck.
- If your party is a more intimate or relaxed occasion, then you could consider one of the many Melbourne cafe venues, restaurants and private event spaces in popular destinations like Carlton, Abbottsford and Brunswick in the north; St Kilda, Port Melbourne and South Yarra in the south; and Richmond, Hawthorn and Camberwell in the east.
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Decide What Your Top Three Party Priorities Will Look Like Based On Your Personal Style And Preferences. Hint: Food Is At The Top.
- So, you’ve got some ideas about the location and type of Melbourne party venue you’ll need. Now, it’s time to think about the other things that make your party pop. It really comes down to your personal style and preferences.
- And whether you’re hosting a demure morning tea with a select few (think bridal or baby shower), or an all-out celebration with everyone you’ve ever met, there’s one thing that will usually sit at the top of the priority list: food!
- Melbourne party planners are spoiled for choice when it comes to catering. Have a think about cuisines – like Italian, Asian or modern Australian; presentation – roving, grazing tables, food trucks or sit-down; and quality versus quantity – particularly in relation to how much alcohol is being served.
- Other priorities for your Melbourne party could include: music (band, DJ or playlist?), entertainment (games, classes, performers), party styling (decorations and props), and favours (gift bags and bomboniere).
Venue Finder Tip No. 4: Make Travel Convenient By Booking Accommodation At One Of Melbourne’s 5-star Hotels, Boutique Hotels Or Luxury Home Rentals.
- Depending how far-spread your guest list is, you may want to book some room blocks at Melbourne’s large hotels, boutique hotels or prestigious home rentals, particularly if your celebration involves a big family or friends reunion.
- Accommodation nearby or onsite at your Melbourne party venue will make things both easy and special – ask your Venue Specialist to help sort this aspect for you as well.
- Even if you’re a local and not travelling to Melbourne from interstate or out of town, booking Melbourne accommodation ahead of your Melbourne party will extend the festivities to before and after the party itself. Check out Park Hyatt for excellent accommodation options.
Venue Finder Tip No. 5: Make Sure You’ve Got Transport Covered Ahead Of Time. No One Wants To Be Stranded At Their Melbourne Party Venue!
- What transport options are available near your Melbourne party venue? Will guests be able to take a train, tram or bus; or will they need to come by car, Taxi or Uber?
- Can you organise rideshare for guests coming in from a common destination? Why not amp this up with something fun like a Melbourne party bus, stretch limo or 10-seater Hummer?
- How will guests return home or back to their Melbourne accommodation from your party? Ubers and taxis can be expensive and in demand at certain times of the year – consider booking a private driver ahead of time for pickup at a specified time.
- Older guests will likely want to know about onsite or street parking options so consider this, too, when booking your Melbourne party venue.
Venue Finder Tip No. 6: For Extended Melbourne Parties Like Hens’ And Bucks’ Parties, Engagement Parties Or 40th Birthday Weekends, Keep Guests Informed With A Detailed Itinerary.
- If your Melbourne party is actually a series of social events packed into a full day, weekend – or week! – then providing your guests with a detailed itinerary would make things much easier.
- Whether it’s a Facebook event, personal party website or a PDF included with invitations, extended parties could include information about the location of each Melbourne party venue, directions to, from and in between each spot, Melbourne accommodation options; cafes, restaurants and places to eat before and after your event commences, and of course, event order and timings.
Looking for a cool corporate event space in Sydney? Check those top 11 venues for buzzworthy corporate functions. Corporate events certainly offer many perks, from ample networking opportunities to
These Melbourne winter wedding venues all have cosy interiors that’ll make your wedding day feel warm and inviting. Just add candles and wine! Winters in Melbourne can be grey
Frequently Asked Questions
Melbourne party venues go by a few standard pricing methods. The first is a minimum spend, where you don’t need to pay for venue hire, but you will need to spend a certain amount on food and beverage. Places like Melbourne restaurants will often have this pricing model.
Other venues like Melbourne function centres and luxury hotels will offer set packages from which to choose – and you pay a price per guest. The packages will vary by quality and quantity of food and can also include drinks packages.
In some Melbourne pubs and bars you can set up a bar tab with set inclusions (for example, beer, wine, soft drink and basic spirits) – and once it’s run out you have the option of adding more. This type of pricing usually suits events like 18th and 21st birthday parties and Christmas parties.
We make it easy. Here’s how it works:
- Select a local party and event venue and/or hotel (or a few)
- Request an appointment with us to discuss your party plans
- We’ll send you a quote for the venue that matches your occasion
- You lock in your party venue