Everything You Need to Know About Finding A Melbourne Party Venue
So you’re planning a Melbourne party or celebration. Where do you begin? Of course, there’s the amazing scene you’ve dreamt up in your head – but there’s actually a lot to consider, especially if you want your event to make an impression. Our Venue Finders excel at taking your vision and matching it to the perfect Melbourne party venue that will be the spot-on space in which to fill it with your friends, loved ones and revellers of every kind. Here are some ideas to take away:
Venue Finder Tip No. 1: Start Broad – What Kind Of Melbourne Party Are You Having?
- This might seem obvious but are you hosting a 21st birthday party, engagement party or a farewell dinner party? This will help determine whether you’re after a refined function room in an upscale Melbourne hotel, a private or semi-private Melbourne restaurant space or a riotous Melbourne rooftop bar.
- Is your Melbourne party one event – like a surprise party – (in which a secluded Melbourne warehouse space might be appropriate!) or a series of events built into a full day or weekend – like hens’ parties, bucks’ parties or milestone birthdays?
- Multi-event parties in Melbourne could see you hopping from high-tea at a 5-star Melbourne hotel to Negronis at a trendy Melbourne cocktail bar to dinner in a private dining room of a Michelin-star Melbourne restaurant.
Venue Finder Tip No. 2: Narrow Down To Location – Is It The Scene Or Convenience Of Your Melbourne Party That Matters Most?
- Next work out which Melbourne suburb will be best – to both the occasion and the convenience of your guests.
- If your celebration is a momentous one with a sizable guest list of important invitees (think: engagement parties, anniversary parties and Christmas parties), then perhaps Melbourne’s bustling city centre is the perfect place for both atmosphere and accessibility. Start your search with Metropolis or Eureka Skydeck.
- If your party is a more intimate or relaxed occasion, then you could consider one of the many Melbourne cafe venues, restaurants and private event spaces in popular destinations like Carlton, Abbottsford and Brunswick in the north; St Kilda, Port Melbourne and South Yarra in the south; and Richmond, Hawthorn and Camberwell in the east.
Venue Finder Tip No. 3: Decide What Your Top Three Party Priorities Will Look Like Based On Your Personal Style And Preferences. Hint: Food Is At The Top.
- So, you’ve got some ideas about the location and type of Melbourne party venue you’ll need. Now, it’s time to think about the other things that make your party pop. It really comes down to your personal style and preferences.
- And whether you’re hosting a demure morning tea with a select few (think bridal or baby shower), or an all-out celebration with everyone you’ve ever met, there’s one thing that will usually sit at the top of the priority list: food!
- Melbourne party planners are spoiled for choice when it comes to catering. Have a think about cuisines – like Italian, Asian or modern Australian; presentation – roving, grazing tables, food trucks or sit-down; and quality versus quantity – particularly in relation to how much alcohol is being served.
- Other priorities for your Melbourne party could include: music (band, DJ or playlist?), entertainment (games, classes, performers), party styling (decorations and props), and favours (gift bags and bomboniere).
Venue Finder Tip No. 4: Make Travel Convenient By Booking Accommodation At One Of Melbourne’s 5-star Hotels, Boutique Hotels Or Luxury Home Rentals.
- Depending how far-spread your guest list is, you may want to book some room blocks at Melbourne’s large hotels, boutique hotels or prestigious home rentals, particularly if your celebration involves a big family or friends reunion.
- Accommodation nearby or onsite at your Melbourne party venue will make things both easy and special – ask your Venue Specialist to help sort this aspect for you as well.
- Even if you’re a local and not travelling to Melbourne from interstate or out of town, booking Melbourne accommodation ahead of your Melbourne party will extend the festivities to before and after the party itself. Check out Park Hyatt for excellent accommodation options.
Venue Finder Tip No. 5: Make Sure You’ve Got Transport Covered Ahead Of Time. No One Wants To Be Stranded At Their Melbourne Party Venue!
- What transport options are available near your Melbourne party venue? Will guests be able to take a train, tram or bus; or will they need to come by car, Taxi or Uber?
- Can you organise rideshare for guests coming in from a common destination? Why not amp this up with something fun like a Melbourne party bus, stretch limo or 10-seater Hummer?
- How will guests return home or back to their Melbourne accommodation from your party? Ubers and taxis can be expensive and in demand at certain times of the year – consider booking a private driver ahead of time for pickup at a specified time.
- Older guests will likely want to know about onsite or street parking options so consider this, too, when booking your Melbourne party venue.
Venue Finder Tip No. 6: For Extended Melbourne Parties Like Hens’ And Bucks’ Parties, Engagement Parties Or 40th Birthday Weekends, Keep Guests Informed With A Detailed Itinerary.
- If your Melbourne party is actually a series of social events packed into a full day, weekend – or week! – then providing your guests with a detailed itinerary would make things much easier.
- Whether it’s a Facebook event, personal party website or a PDF included with invitations, extended parties could include information about the location of each Melbourne party venue, directions to, from and in between each spot, Melbourne accommodation options; cafes, restaurants and places to eat before and after your event commences, and of course, event order and timings.