Popular Alternative Venues Melbourne
Do you envision something completely unique for your Melbourne wedding? An alternative wedding venue will set the kind of arty scene that your loved ones know you for. Whether it’s a secluded location, unusual architecture or something out of a fantasy film, Melbourne is teeming with alternative venue gems – you’ve just got to know how to find them. Our Venue Finders are experts at unusual! Contact Us
Lancemore Mansion HotelWerribee South, Victoria, 3030 5.0
Lancemore Mansion Hotel Werribee Park is a stunning all-in-one wedding destination just 30 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD.
- Grand five-star hotel in Melbourne’s iconic Werribee Park
- Picturesque location nestled amid formal English gardens and heritage buildings
- A host of breathtaking venue options to choose from, including the purpose-built Marquee, light-filled Pavilion and elegant Theatre
Two Ton MaxNorth Melbourne, Victoria, 3051 5.0
Two Ton Max offers a sophisticated setting for industrial-style weddings in North Melbourne with its trendy aesthetic and flexible warehouse space.
- Flexible event venue with spacious, open-plan interiors
- Convenient North Melbourne location with a secluded and hidden feel
- Exposed beams, polished concrete floors, and high ceilings
Showtime Events CentreSouth Wharf, Victoria, 3006 5.0
Brimming with industrial-chic glamour, Showtime Events Centre is a showstopping warehouse wedding venue on Melbourne’s South Wharf Promenade.
- Unrivalled riverside location along Melbourne’s vibrant South Wharf Promenade
- Versatile, open-plan and pillarless interiors brimming with industrial-chic glamour
- Work with Showtime Event Group’s award-winning dream team of event producers, stylists and coordinators
Jardin TanSouth Yarra, Victoria, 3141 5.0
Set within the lush surrounds of Melbourne’s famous Royal Botanic Gardens, Jardin Tan is the perfect venue for a modern inner-city wedding.
- Located in the iconic Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Flexible event spaces depending on guest capacity
- Prime Melbourne CBD location, close to public transport
Vue de Monde RialtoMelbourne, Victoria, 3000 5.0
Blending sophistication and style with gourmet dining, Vue de monde is Melbourne’s preeminent wedding destination.
- Luxury events space with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking city views
- Located on Level 55 of Rialto Tower on Collins Street
- Multi-award-winning dining experiences
The PrinceSt Kilda, Victoria, 3182 5.0
Boasting panoramic views of Port Phillip Bay, The Prince’s stunning Prince Deck is a popular Melbourne wedding venue in St Kilda.
- Modern, elegant and light-filled event spaces
- Views of Port Phillip Bay and Melbourne city skyline
- Expansive timber deck for outdoor events and weddings
Gather & TailorWest Melbourne, Victoria, 3003 5.0
A design lover's dream come true, Gather & Tailor is a stylish warehouse wedding venue in West Melbourne with vaulted ceilings and a cactus courtyard.
- Gorgeous open-plan warehouse event venue
- Convenient location near Melbourne CBD
- Soaring ceilings and two levels of event space
The Button FactoryCheltenham, Victoria, 3192 5.0
With its leafy garden oasis and stunningly light-filled loft space, The Button Factory is a popular venue choice for stylish bayside weddings in Melbourne.
- Versatile warehouse venue with several stunning event spaces
- Light-filled, industrial-style interiors form a beautiful blank canvas
- Sunlit garden oasis for wedding ceremonies and cocktail receptions
Ultima Function CentreKeilor Park, Victoria, 3042 5.0
Ultima Function Centre offers an elegant setting for weddings in Melbourne’s northwest, with six stunning wedding spaces and bespoke package options.
- Six versatile, light-filled function spaces to choose from
- Two stunning ballroom spaces for weddings and special events
- Exceptional catering with an array of menu options
Pullman Melbourne on the ParkEast Melbourne, Victoria, 3002 5.0
Located in the heart of the CBD, Pullman Melbourne on the Park is a luxurious 5-star hotel wedding venue with a spacious ballroom and deluxe accommodation.
- Prime CBD location overlooking Fitzroy Gardens
- Versatile, modern event spaces
- Dedicated in-house events team
Related popular event spaces
Your Guide to Alternative Wedding Venues in Melbourne
Weddings are such a special and important experience in a couples’ relationship journey. Regardless of where it’s located, who attends, and what kind of entertainment you book, your wedding day will be a memorable occasion. For some couples, there’s a drive to push the boundaries of what a “traditional” wedding looks like, and that’s often where outlandish ideas come into play. Scuba diving ceremonies, screaming your vows whilst skydiving, or sharing your first dance atop a building… everybody has their own idea of making their wedding unique.
When it comes to alternative wedding venues, you could seek out museums, libraries, exclusive gardens, inner-city skyscrapers, or converted warehouse. If you’re looking for something a little outside the box, our Melbourne Venue Specialists can help you narrow down the list of our favourite Melbourne venues that will offer you and your guests an alternative experience.
VenueCrew Specialist Tip #1: Weddings with a view.
Melbourne has one of the most iconic skylines in the world, and when you’re looking for a wedding venue that will create some lasting memories, we recommend checking out some places that give you that bird’s eye perspective.
Le Ciel is a luxury events space that operates over levels 6 and 7 of 13 Cremorne St. Wedding receptions are held out on the private terrace where you and your guests will be privy to uninterrupted views over to AAMI Park, the MCG, the Rialto, and the rooftops of Old Richmond. There’s nothing like breathtaking vistas to create a memorable experience that not many other weddings can boast! Download the Le Ciel brochure here.
VenueCrew Specialist Tip #1: Consider an iconic location.
Melbourne is home to many iconic landmarks: the MCG, the State Library, the National Gallery of Victoria, and many more. It’s also home to the Eureka Tower, which is where our next venue is located.
A renowned tourist attraction boasting the adrenaline-pumping Eureka Skydeck Edge experience, Eureka 89 is located on the (you guessed it) 89th floor of the tower. The venue is available for exclusive hire and offers a cocktail/club-style reception experience. It also hosts gorgeous wedding ceremonies, with couples able to say their vows with the entirety of the city of Melbourne spread out behind them. Not many people can boast that they got married 300m above sea level, but at Eureka 89, that’s one of many things you’ll have bragging rights about! Download the Eureka 89 brochure here.
VenueCrew Specialist Tip #1: Wedding reception or rock concert?
If your wedding reception is doubling as a live concert (either with your favourite live band or a party-starting DJ), then you need a venue that offers all the tech specs you’ll need to get the music pumping.
Cargo Hall runs under the Showtime Event Group Banner, so you know they’re prepared to host blockbuster events! A converted docking hall, Cargo Hall is equipped with sound and lighting rigs in the high ceilings so that you can kit out the space with all the fancy gear your entertainers will need. Dark timber floors create a rock ‘n’ roll aesthetic, and a private bar with LED lighting display makes the place truly feel like a lively club. Download the Cargo Hall brochure here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for alternative wedding venues in Melbourne has never been simpler. We recommend making a list of your requirements and any particular interests you have, then book a chat with one of our Melbourne Venue Specialists . They’ll do the research and then come back with a few recommendations and quotes.
The best thing about alternative wedding venues in Melbourne is that the only limit is your imagination. It could be based on your own experience as a wedding guest or on weddings you’ve seen or heard about. Perhaps there’s a spot special to your heart or somewhere significant to you and your partner. Whatever you’re looking for, our Melbourne Venue Specialists can help you find it.