Popular Modern Venues London
Not every London wedding couple dreams of old-world grandeur that often epitomises this incredible city. If you love fashion and the contemporary-chic scene is more your vibe, then you’ll want to discover what modern wedding venues London has to offer. Clean lines, trending aesthetics and exciting menus are hallmarks of contemporary wedding venues. Ask our London Venue Finders which modern London venues are a match for your progressive tastes and preferences.
Belair House5 Gallery Road, London, SE21 7AB 5.0
A traditional manor house wedding venue in West Dulwich, Belair House is surrounded by rose gardens and endless wedding photo backdrops.
- Traditional manor house wedding venue surrounded by gardens and parkland
- Fully licensed for civil wedding ceremonies in the first-floor ballroom
- Convenient location on the edge of London in peaceful Dulwich
Century Club London61-63 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 6LQ 5.0
Whether sipping cocktails on the urban rooftop terrace or dining in the NY-style brasserie, your wedding guests will love the vibe at Century Club.
- Exclusive private members club for civil ceremonies and chic wedding receptions
- Four floors of event spaces, including a large rooftop terrace
- Exquisite interior and decor including exposed brickwork and floor-to-ceiling windows
Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch335-337 Old Street, London, EC1V 9LL 5.0
Weddings on the open-air sky terrace at Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch promise spectacular London city views that stun during that magical sunset hour.
- Sought-after destination for romantic and glamorous weddings in London
- Expansive open-air sky terrace with spectacular London views
- Located in the artistic epicentre of Central London
Cutty SarkKing William Walk, London, SE10 9HT 5.0
Rich in history, style and unique details, Cutty Sark is one of London's most striking wedding venues, right at the gateway to the Maritime Greenwich UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- One of London's most striking wedding venues
- Stunning location in the Maritime Greenwich UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Four elegant event spaces of varying sizes with two rooms licensed for civil ceremonies
Devonshire TerraceDevonshire Square, London, EC2M 4WY 5.0
At Devonshire Terrace, your wedding guests will be at ease sipping cocktails in the stylish event space or the covered courtyard.
- Located in the heart of London on Devonshire Square
- Many options for private or semi-private event spaces
- All-weather outdoor courtyard with glass rooftop
Duck & Waffle110 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AY 5.0
Perched on the 40th floor of 110 Bishopsgate in London – Duck & Waffle offers couples a luxurious wedding ambience complete with unparalleled hospitality and spectacular city views.
- Luxurious wedding venue on the 40th floor of 110 Bishopsgate in London
- Breathtaking views and incomparable hospitality
- Naturally-lit venue with chic interior design
East Wintergarden43 Bank Street, London, E14 5NX 5.0
East Wintergarden in Canary Wharf London is an exquisite wedding venue courtesy a show-stopping ambience, spectacular architecture and a specialist events team.
- Architecturally-designed venue with striking glass façade dome
- Three distinctive event spaces with varying capacities
- Spectacular views of London’s skyline and River Thames
Fulham PalaceBishop's Avenue, London, SW6 6EA 5.0
A unique wedding venue dating to the 13th century, Fulham Palace is a luxurious and tranquil space with indoor and outdoor spaces making this riverside venue a stunning spot to celebrate your vows.
- Unique riverside London wedding venue dating to the 13th century
- Historic building with striking architecture
- Choose from indoor and outdoor event spaces
Green Room London101 Upper Ground, London, SE1 9PP 5.0
The Green Room is a stunning open-air restaurant wedding venue in Central London boasting multiple wedding spaces, flexible floorplans, and mouthwatering menus.
- Incredible South Bank location near London’s National Theatre
- Flexible floorplans with indoor and outdoor spaces
- Contemporary timber pavilion with splashes of greenery
Greenwich Yacht Club1 Peartree Way, London, SE10 0BW 5.0
Greenwich Yacht Club is an elegant waterfront wedding venue on London's River Thames, offering stunning panoramic river views and stylish, light-filled event spaces.
- Picturesque waterfront venue offering spectacular views of the River Thames
- Choice of two light and spacious function rooms
- The Yacht Club’s Main Hall is licensed to host ceremonies
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to London Modern Wedding Venues
Are you looking for a laidback cosmopolitan vibe at your upcoming wedding in London? Choosing a sleek and modern function space will instantly transform the feel of your day to match the quick pace of the city. From vibrant rooftop venues with DJ booths to industrial restaurants with fully stocked cocktail bars, London is an exciting place to meet, mingle and celebrate saying ‘I Do’ with your family and friends.
Our London Venue Specialists factor in your preferred location, capacity and individual style to find your wedding venue. Our team will show you the variety of city boroughs to hone in on, narrow down your wedding venue wishlist, and book you in to view your favourite spaces, with no obligation to book. What’s more, our services don’t cost you a thing! Not every London wedding couple dreams of old-world grandeur that often epitomises this incredible city. If you love fashion and the contemporary-chic scene is more your vibe, then you’ll want to discover what modern wedding venues London has to offer. Clean lines, trending aesthetics and exciting menus are hallmarks of contemporary wedding venues. Ask our London Venue Finders which modern London venues are a match for your progressive tastes and preferences. Contact our VenueCrew London Venue Specialists today .
For instance, you might want plenty of gardens for an outdoor reception and an indoor space for speeches and entertainment. Our couples love The Hurlingham Club in Fulham, where there are 42 acres of immaculate lawns surrounding the bright and airy Palm Court. For an inner-city soiree, South Place Hotel has a chic terrace next to the central restaurants, where wedding guests have the freedom to flow in and out with ease.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Modern City Restaurants Are Ideal
If you’re hoping to find a place that doesn’t need much extra decoration, a London restaurant wedding venue could be just the trick. Their unique designs and layouts have usually been carefully configured by interior designers, and often there’s the flexibility to move the tables around to suit your vision. With a built-in bar and a skilled chef, your wedding day will be a hit!
Our favourite foodie venues include the wine bars and dining spots that mix industrial elements with slick modern touches. Our popular restaurant venues include the split-level Kitty Hawk in Moorgate, where the cosy fire pit creates a warm ambience, and the Humble Grape in Canary Wharf that’s beautifully decorated with desirable modern interior trends.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: Make the Most of the Iconic River Thames
No London wedding is complete without a glimpse of the River Thames — it’s the capital’s iconic natural feature that brings the city together. By day, cruise boats sail beneath the bridges, and by night, the sparkling lights dance on the water’s surface. It’s a mesmerising scene from London’s best waterfront wedding venues.
For large waterfront weddings, the Royal Horticultural Halls is the ultimate blank canvas with incredible marble floors and a soaring glass roof. Other recommendations include the relaxed riverside Oyster Shed with a pretty outdoor terrace along the promenade.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Level Up With Entertainment and Creative Cuisine
Finding an appropriate venue is one thing, but finding an extraordinary one takes more research. Our VenueCrew London Wedding Venue Specialists know how to kick things up a notch if you’re looking for something unique. For example, we can source you a landmark wedding venue with a license for live music, or a modern hotel wedding venue with a Michelin starred restaurant. You name it, we’ll find it, or we can suggest a few if you’re open to ideas.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 4: State-Of-The-Art Technology Will Save The Day
Whether you’re opting for a rustic warehouse wedding venue or a modern art gallery space for your wedding reception, choosing a function room with the latest audiovisual technology will make the speeches and entertainment all the more memorable. Some modern wedding venues include fun additions — like Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch’s boutique cinema and ten-pin bowling alley. Talk about a great way to keep the children occupied (and the adults too of course)!
Venue Specialist Tip No. 5: Contact Us For A Free Consultation
Sifting through hundreds of wedding venues can be tiresome when you’re looking for something specific, and that’s why we’re here to help. Our VenueCrew London Venue Specialists cut out the stress of the search and match you with your perfect wedding venue. We can’t wait to hear about your plans and pair you with a space that feels just right. Contact our London Venue Finders .
Frequently Asked Questions
As a guide, modern wedding venues in London can start from as low as £100 per head for an affordable wedding package or a minimum spend of £10,000. Prices range depending on the time of year, day of the week, and specific wedding venue.
We make it easy and hassle-free. Here’s how it works:
- Jot down your wedding venue requirements, preferred date and guest number
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew London Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes for the modern wedding venues that suit your wishlist
- Confirm your wedding date, send out the invites and start all the creative planning