Popular Rooftop Venues London
Nothing signifies a celebration quite like the dizzying heights of London’s rooftop wedding venues. The inclusive atmosphere. Clicking of cocktails. High energy vibe. If you’re a couple who loves a good party, you’ll be awed by the range of rooftop bars, beer gardens and terraces London has to offer. Let our VenueCrew know your wedding budget and style and they’ll do all the work to suggest the best places to party!
Butchers’ Hall London87 Bartholomew Close, London, EC1A 7EB 5.0
Discover classic elegance in the heart of the City at Butchers’ Hall London, a historic wedding venue with five stunning event spaces.
- Historic livery hall with five versatile event spaces
- Spectacular Great Hall with opulent interiors
- Impressive rooftop garden terrace overlooking Central London
Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch335-337 Old Street, London, EC1V 9LL 5.0
Weddings on the open-air sky terrace at Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch promise spectacular London city views that stun during that magical sunset hour.
- Sought-after destination for romantic and glamorous weddings in London
- Expansive open-air sky terrace with spectacular London views
- Located in the artistic epicentre of Central London
South Place Hotel3 South Place, London, EC2M 2AF 5.0
You'll love your boutique hotel wedding on the rooftop terrace at South Place Hotel, where city views and stylish spaces set the scene.
- Stylish boutique hotel wedding venue in Finsbury
- Luxurious and modern interior architecture by Conran + Partners
- Stunning rooftop terrace with sweeping views of London
The Dorchester53 Park Lane, London, W1K 1QA 5.0
Following in the footsteps of the Royal family, your ballroom wedding at The Dorchester hotel will showcase unsurpassed luxury and 5-star hospitality.
- Iconic 5-star hotel wedding venue brimming with timeless elegance
- An array of charming event suites for ceremonies and receptions
- Unrivalled Mayfair location next to Hyde Park
The Gherkin30 Saint Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8BF 5.0
The Gherkin is an iconic London skyscraper where you can host a modern wedding with spectacular city views and an ambience that goes golden at sunset.
- Modern London wedding venue with spectacular city views
- Flexible event spaces over three floors
- Licensed for civil ceremonies
SUSHISAMBA London Heron Tower110 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AY 5.0
Host your wedding reception in one the City’s most unique venues: SUSHISAMBA London Heron Tower, where style, creativity, glamour, inventive cuisine and some of the best views in London reign.
- Unique wedding venue on the 38th and 39th floor of London Heron Tower
- Boasting some of the best views in the City
- Striking contemporary interiors with stylish décor
Humble Grape Fleet Street1 Saint Bride's Passage, London, EC4Y 8EJ 5.0
Located in the vaults beneath the 17th-century St Bride’s Church, Fleet Street is a stunning wine cellar wedding venue with inner-city romantic style.
- Stunning wine cellar wedding venue with a romantic inner-city style
- Located in the original vaults of London's St Bride’s Church
- Bespoke menus featuring modern British dishes with European influences
Hotel Cafe Royal10 Air Street, London, W1B 4DY 5.0
Hotel Cafe Royal in the heart of London’s West End is a glamorous and historic hotel that offers a stunning selection of spaces for stately, intimate or extravagant wedding celebrations.
- Exclusive wedding venue in the heart of London
- Glamorous and historic hotel offering a selection of stunning event spaces
- Grand Pompadour Ballroom with views of Regent Street
The Ned London27 Poultry, London, EC2R 8AJ 5.0
Antique chandeliers, wood panelling and arched windows adorn The Ned's Art Deco wedding spaces. This luxury hotel boasts magnificent city views.
- Indulgent 5-star hotel wedding venue in the buzzing heart of London
- 9 restaurants and a collection of glam Art Deco event spaces
- Views from St Paul’s Cathedral to the Shard from the rooftop terraces
Century Club London61-63 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 6LQ 5.0
Whether sipping cocktails on the urban rooftop terrace or dining in the NY-style brasserie, your wedding guests will love the vibe at Century Club.
- Exclusive private members club for civil ceremonies and chic wedding receptions
- Four floors of event spaces, including a large rooftop terrace
- Exquisite interior and decor including exposed brickwork and floor-to-ceiling windows
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to Rooftop Wedding Venues in London
In London, summer weddings are fun-filled occasions where everyone is in high spirits. If it’s sunny on your wedding day, why not make the most of the pleasant conditions and take the celebrations outdoors? There are so many exciting London rooftops to discover on your venue search, from sky-high restaurants overlooking the city skyline, or classical hotel terraces with outdoor seating and champagne bars. You name it, London has ample rooftop spaces to hire.
For something a little quirky, The Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch has a remarkable history as the former Old Street Magistrates Court. It’s now into a trendy 5-star hotel with a built-in cinema, a bowling alley and a spacious rooftop terrace called the ‘Upper 5th’. This decked outdoor area can cater to 200 guests and comes fitted with lounge seating and BBQ equipment. To see the space for yourselves, book a viewing on The Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch venue profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Weather-Proof Rooftops Are Ideal For Unpredictable Weather
The weather is not always clear skies and sunshine in London, so it’s great to prepare for a change in conditions. A rooftop space with a glass ceiling makes an excellent balance. Whilst you still have the unbeatable views, you’ll be covered if it starts to rain. The Gherkin in the City Of London is an iconic place to hire for your rooftop wedding. At the top of the apex, your ceremony and reception will have a panoramic bird’s eye view. To check out prices and packages, download The Gherkin wedding venue brochure.
The Century Club in Soho is another versatile rooftop wedding venue with a retractable glass roof. It’s an ambient room with plenty of botanicals and floor space to dance and dine in. It is also adjoined to a Cigar Terrace with outdoor heaters if you need a smoking area. It’s an exciting rooftop wedding venue with uninterrupted views over Shaftsbury Avenue — what’s not to love? To find out more wedding information, visit The Century Club venue profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: An Ornamental Terrace Makes A Wonderful Reception Area
An ornamental terrace with fountains or an artistic centrepiece makes a beautiful wedding photo backdrop as your guests chat and mingle, champagne in hand. There are some exceptional rooftop wedding venues in London to take note of. For example, SUSHISAMBA on the 38th and 39th floors of the Heron Tower in East London has an earth-to-sky theme. A sizable faux tree sits at the centre of a circular outdoor bar on the terrace. Its orange petal creates a unique setting for rooftop wedding receptions. Check out the SUSHISAMBA brochure for more info.
For a historic rooftop wedding venue, The Dorchester is a famous hotel that has hosted royal family members and celebrities worldwide. Its theatrical Penthouse and Pavilion is a unique rooftop area with a mid-century baroque design. Guests can wander in and out ornate function rooms designed by Oliver Messel and enjoy panoramic vistas of the London skyline. If you would like to visit the venue in person, head to The Dorchester’s venue profile to book.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Call VenueCrew For A Free Consultation
Researching all the best rooftop wedding venues in London can take hours, so it’s worth enlisting the help of a London Venue Specialist to save you time. Our VenueCrew will cut to the chase and sift through an extensive list of rooftop wedding venues to find a fit that suits you best. We’ll take into account your guest count, preferred date and budget. All you need to do is give us a call and have a friendly chat with our dedicated team. Call VenueCrew today for your free consultation today .
Expert Advice from Our Leading Venue Finders Picking your ideal wedding venue can be a stressful and time-consuming process, particularly when there is so much to compare and contrast before
Frequently Asked Questions
You’ll feel on top of the world when you’ve found the perfect rooftop wedding venue.
- Write down your wedding requirements, preferred date, and guest count
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew London Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes and book you in to view your favourite rooftop wedding venues
- Confirm your date, send out the invites, and start getting all the stylish details sorted
The London skyline is ever-evolving, and so are the venues that are popping up all over town. The Gherkin is an iconic skyscraper venue that your guests will be thrilled to attend. It’s a famous landmark where every last detail will be perfected by the experienced events team.