To make your next corporate event one to remember, consider a few of these unusual corporate event venues in Melbourne. From a converted warehouse to a hidden rooftop bar,
Popular Historic Venues Sydney
Sydney is a historical treasure trove of heritage homesteads, manor houses and private estates for elegant and classic couples saying ‘I do’. Is it the ambience of open fireplaces, crystal chandeliers and manicured gardens that you envision for your wedding? The intricate Victorian details and furnishings transporting to yesteryear? Our Sydney Venue Specialists can help you find your dream historic wedding venue .
Burnham Grove EstateCawdor, New South Wales, 2570 5.0
Burnham Grove Estate is an elegant country wedding venue near Sydney with multiple ceremony locations, picturesque gardens, and a grand marquee.
- Historic country property set on a 45-acre estate
- Picturesque gardens for outdoor events
- Purpose-built air-conditioned marquee
Bellevue Cottage by AntoineGlebe, New South Wales, 2037 5.0
Bellevue Cottage by Antoine is a heritage-listed restaurant wedding venue offering delightful French cuisine and stunning views of Sydney’s Blackwattle Bay.
- Stunning waterfront location in Glebe, just a stone’s throw from the Sydney CBD
- Intimate dining spaces brimming with rustic heritage charm
- Spacious alfresco terrace overlooking Blackwattle Bay and Sydney’s skyline
The Langham, SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Located in The Rocks, The Langham, Sydney offers a glamorous ballroom wedding venue with panoramic views of Sydney Harbour. The gorgeous hotel suites and in-house spa are icing on the cake.
- Ideally located 25 minutes from Sydney airport, 14 minutes from Central Station and 7 minutes from Circular Quay
- 95 spacious hotel suites and 5 private event rooms for guests to stay in
- Hosts events for up to 200 guests
Establishment Bar by MerivaleSydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Featuring a striking marble bar, white columns and intricate details, Establishment Bar is a romantic space for an unforgettable city wedding.
- Spectacular features include extravagant lighting and a sleek, long marble bar
- Spacious private outdoor courtyard filled with light and greenery
- Located in a stately 19th-century building, The George Patterson House
Intercontinental SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
The iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House are the backdrops to your glamorous wedding at the 5-star InterContinental Sydney hotel.
- Award-winning catering team
- Minutes from Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge
- Historic Treasury building
Ottimo House SydneyDenham Court, New South Wales, 2565 5.0
The untouched countryside and manicured gardens at Ottimo House Sydney sets a fairytale scene for couples seeking a romantic wedding immersed in nature.
- Seamless combination of rustic and modern architecture
- Culinary team led by executive chef
- Located on 500 acres of historic Denham Court Estate
Springfield HouseDural, New South Wales, 2158 5.0
Springfield House is an enchanting garden wedding venue in Sydney featuring an elegant manor, grand marquee, and bespoke wedding packages.
- Five acres of stunning manicured gardens
- Grand marquee for weddings and private events
- Charming manor for the perfect indoor celebration
The Tea Room QVB Ballroom SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
If an iconic Sydney wedding venue is what you're after, you'll love the glamorous scene at The Tea Room QVB in the Queen Victoria Building. Soaring ceilings, huge chandeliers, award-winning catering, the list goes on!
- Grand ballroom housed in one of Sydney's landmark heritage buildings
- An opulent event space boasting crystal chandeliers & huge ceilings
- Ideally located in the heart of Sydney on George Street
Gunners’ Barracks SydneyMosman, New South Wales, 2088 5.0
Set in the hills of Mosman, Gunners’ Barracks is a historic sandstone building and heritage wedding venue with a charming courtyard for your ceremony and a waterfront terrace reception space.
- Expansive Harbour Terrace offers panoramic views across Sydney Harbour
- A collection of four private dining options
- Historic sandstone building dating back to the early 1800s
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to the Best Historic Wedding Venues in Sydney
There is a wide variety of elegant historic wedding venues located in Sydney and its surroundings, from heritage sandstone buildings to historic estates set on beautiful sprawling properties. Speak to one of our Sydney Venue Specialists and they’ll find the perfect place that fits all of your requirements.
If you’re on the hunt for a striking heritage-listed wedding venue in the CBD, look no further than The Tea Room QVB Ballroom. This grand ballroom is set inside the historic Queen Victoria Building on Sydney’s George Street, dating back to the 1890s. Features of this opulent space include high ceilings, stained-glass windows, spiral staircases, and marble sculptures. Download The Tea Room QVB Ballroom wedding brochure.
For a historic wedding venue that’s away from the hustle and bustle of the city, we recommend checking out Calvin Estate in the Hunter Valley. Set on acres of private parklands, this award-winning estate combines picturesque pastoral countryside with colonial charm, evoking a feeling of understated elegance. The main house features a wraparound porch with period features, surrounded by spacious lawns and manicured garden beds. For more information, download the Calvin Estate wedding brochure.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Sydney is home to beautiful heritage wedding venues
We can’t think of a more elegant setting for a wedding than a historic venue in one of Sydney’s charming heritage buildings. These timeless venues never go out of style and are filled with ornate features that elevate the classical feel of a wedding. Our Sydney Venue Specialists can help you find the perfect historic wedding venue in Sydney.
Located in the picturesque harbourside suburb of Mosman, Gunners’ Barracks is a historic wedding venue brimming with old-world charm and elegant classic features. Originally constructed in 1873, the sandstone building at Gunners’ Barracks has since been restored into a beautiful historic wedding venue with a stunning waterfront terrace. Download the Gunners’ Barracks wedding brochure.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: Book a historic estate wedding venue for more space
If you’re planning a destination wedding near Sydney, why not opt for a historic venue set on a sprawling property? You’ll have plenty of space to create your ideal wedding flow and endless backdrops for capturing beautiful wedding photographs. Speak to one of our dedicated Sydney Venue Specialists and they will match you with a gorgeous historic wedding venue.
Nestled amid acres of idyllic landscaped gardens, Burnham Grove Estate provides a picturesque setting for country weddings near Sydney. This all-in-one venue is ideal for destination weddings, with four stunning ceremony options, a garden marquee for relaxed receptions, onsite accommodation in the heritage homestead, and endless photo opportunities.
Looking for a cool corporate event space in Sydney? Check those top 11 venues for buzzworthy corporate functions. Corporate events certainly offer many perks, from ample networking opportunities to
These Melbourne winter wedding venues all have cosy interiors that’ll make your wedding day feel warm and inviting. Just add candles and wine! Winters in Melbourne can be grey
Frequently Asked Questions
We take the stress out of the wedding venue search. Here’s how it works:
- Write down your wedding requirements, preferred date, and guest count
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew Sydney Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes and book you in to view your favourite historic wedding venues
- Confirm your date, send out the invites, and start getting all the finer details sorted
Whether you’re looking for a heritage venue in the city or a historic wedding venue on a sprawling property, we’ve got you covered. Establishment Bar is an elegant column-lined venue in Sydney that’s brimming with stunning features. Alternatively, Dunbar House is a beautiful 19th-century heritage mansion with characterful rooms and a towering fig tree for outdoor ceremonies.