Popular Small / Intimate Venues Sydney
Whilst Sydney boasts its sprawling harbour and monumental bridge, when it comes to weddings, bigger is not always better! There are loads of reasons for couples to choose small, intimate wedding venues in Sydney. But at the top of the list is usually an exquisite guest experience. Give your friends and family the V.I.P treatment in a Sydney intimate wedding venue. Ask our Venue Specialists for their top picks today.
Burnham Grove EstateCawdor, New South Wales, 2570 5.0
Burnham Grove Estate is an elegant country wedding venue near Sydney with multiple ceremony locations, picturesque gardens, and a grand marquee.
- Historic country property set on a 45-acre estate
- Picturesque gardens for outdoor events
- Purpose-built air-conditioned marquee
Bathers’ PavilionMosman, New South Wales, 2088 5.0
Boasting panoramic views of Sydney’s Balmoral Beach, Bathers’ Pavilion Mosman is a modern waterfront wedding venue with bright and airy reception spaces.
- Unrivalled location overlooking Sydney’s beautiful Balmoral Beach
- Bright and airy Balmoral Room for private events and wedding receptions
- European-inspired al fresco terrace for waterfront ceremonies and cocktail parties
Pier One SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Pier One Walsh Bay Hotel's waterfront wedding venues include a private pier for ceremonies, a clear-walled marquee under Sydney Harbour Bridge and a ballroom with panoramic waterfront views.
- Unrivalled Sydney location next to the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- 3 spacious and flexible event spaces with panoramic Walsh Bay views
- Outdoor marquee wedding venue with incredible photo opportunities
Ottimo House SydneyDenham Court, New South Wales, 2565 5.0
The untouched countryside and manicured gardens at Ottimo House Sydney sets a fairytale scene for couples seeking a romantic wedding immersed in nature.
- Seamless combination of rustic and modern architecture
- Culinary team led by executive chef
- Located on 500 acres of historic Denham Court Estate
Gunners’ Barracks SydneyMosman, New South Wales, 2088 5.0
Set in the hills of Mosman, Gunners’ Barracks is a historic sandstone building and heritage wedding venue with a charming courtyard for your ceremony and a waterfront terrace reception space.
- Expansive Harbour Terrace offers panoramic views across Sydney Harbour
- A collection of four private dining options
- Historic sandstone building dating back to the early 1800s
Ovolo WoolloomoolooWoolloomooloo, New South Wales, 2011 5.0
Perfectly placed on a heritage-listed wharf, Ovolo Woolloomooloo offers beautiful water views and stunning interiors for your Sydney wedding.
- Fabulous five-star boutique hotel overlooking Sydney Harbour
- Versatile, stylish and light-filled event spaces tailored to suit your needs
- Personalised and attentive service from the hotel’s dedicated events team
Bellevue Cottage by AntoineGlebe, New South Wales, 2037 5.0
Bellevue Cottage by Antoine is a heritage-listed restaurant wedding venue offering delightful French cuisine and stunning views of Sydney’s Blackwattle Bay.
- Stunning waterfront location in Glebe, just a stone’s throw from the Sydney CBD
- Intimate dining spaces brimming with rustic heritage charm
- Spacious alfresco terrace overlooking Blackwattle Bay and Sydney’s skyline
Four Seasons Hotel SydneyThe Rocks, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Weddings at the Four Seasons Hotel Sydney are the full package: gorgeous receptions, bespoke wedding packages, unforgettable experiences, and an enviable location inside one of Sydney's famed five-star hotels.
- Central Sydney location, close to numerous iconic landmarks
- An award-winning five-star hotel with a dedicated events team
- Multiple reception spaces with flexible seating arrangements
Intercontinental SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
The iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House are the backdrops to your glamorous wedding at the 5-star InterContinental Sydney hotel.
- Award-winning catering team
- Minutes from Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge
- Historic Treasury building
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel SydneySydney, New South Wales, 2000 5.0
Contemporary luxury meets heritage charm at the 5-star Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, making it the perfect setting for an inner-city wedding.
- Timeless heritage-listed building with nine event spaces
- Convenient location in the heart of Sydney CBD
- Luxury 5-star hotel with 364 elegant rooms and suites
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to Intimate and Small Sydney Wedding Venues
Finding an intimate function room to celebrate your wedding day is always possible in Sydney. The city is teeming with all kinds of venues, from small waterfront wedding spaces to cosy inner-city urban restaurants. Our VenueCrew Sydney Venue Specialists know all the popular and up and coming spots that you might not have even considered. We look forward to helping you shortcut your Sydney venue search to lessen the stress of it all.
Some of our favourite small Sydney venues include hotels that feature a variety of different spaces to use throughout the day. For example, Vibe Rushcutters Bay is a beautiful modern hotel with a verandah, a glasshouse and a rooftop pool deck overlooking the lush Rushcutters Bay Park. With space for between 16 and 50 guests, these contemporary rooms are ideal for bright and breezy yet intimate celebrations. Check out the wedding brochure here.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Seek Out Intimate Wedding Venues Within Large Hotels
Huge hotels often have little secrets inside, including an array of intimate venues that are perfect for small ceremonies and receptions. Aside from the main ballroom, these smaller celebration spaces include all the AV equipment and stylish interiors you’d need for a small scale wedding. Plus, the in-house wedding coordinator will be able to sort all of the planning details.
For example, the Hart Room at Amora Jamison Hotel Sydney is a fantastic choice for ceremonies and intimate banquets, and upstairs, the 5-star hotel suites can accommodate your entire wedding party at special rates. The Dining Room at The Langham, Sydney is another peaceful location to say ‘I Do’. Overlooking Barangaroo and Sydney’s western shores, it’s a refined and comfortable space where the furniture can be reconfigured to suit your vision.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: Private Dining Rooms Are a Great Option
Are you looking for a relaxed restaurant vibe for your wedding day? The Kittyhawk Sydney is a spectacular setting for weddings. Upstairs, the Sergeant’s Mess is accessed via a private lift and the 1940’s themed decor sends you back to Liberation day in Paris. Have a look at its brochure to see if the intimate wedding venue ticks the right boxes.
For something more modern with a coastal location, Zest’s portfolio of venues makes a refreshing and contemporary addition to Sydney’s venue scene. The Boathouse At The Spit features multiple bi-fold walls that can be adjusted to suit your small wedding party and The Beachouse At Point Piper includes the chic Commodores Room for up to 80 seated guests.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Break Up Big Spaces With Decorations
If you’re struggling to find a small Sydney wedding venue that takes your fancy, then there are ways of making larger function rooms appear smaller. To create more of an ambience in the extra space, you could add in scattered food stations, photo walls or floral installations. Even hiring a stage for live bands takes up room and would add a very memorable impact.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 4: Less Is More
Putting the huge ballroom parties aside, your wedding day all about you and your other half. It’s a special time that celebrates your unique relationship, so no matter how many people are in the room, it’s feeling comfortable and happy that matters. In fact, having fewer guests in attendance helps you focus on the smaller details that make all the difference. These extras will make your small wedding venue stand out, and it’ll be cherished by everyone who is invited.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 5: Contact Us For A Free Consultation
When you ring VenueCrew, all you need to do is pass on your desired dates, guest capacity and favourite venue style, and we can do the rest of the work for you. We’ll present a selective list of small Sydney wedding venues that suit your personality and have had great reviews from previous clients. We take pride in making the backdrop to your big day extra special. Chat to a Sydney Venue Specialist today to get the ball rolling .
Frequently Asked Questions
We make it simple and enjoyable. Here’s how it works:
- Gather your wedding venue requirements, preferred date and guest number
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew Sydney Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes for the small wedding venues that suit your checklist
- Confirm your wedding date, send out the invites and start all the creative planning
Sydney’s intimate wedding venues run the gamut in pricing, but most couples spend around $100-150 per guest for their wedding venue. In the case of a small wedding group, pricing can be more flexible, as you might book a small room of a venue rather than opting for exclusive use. This is one of the best ways to save money on a small wedding.