Popular African Venues London
Planning an African wedding? Your African wedding in London should be a glorious display of your unique style and vibrant culture. From the grand heritage halls and listed event spaces to more modern hotel ballrooms, there’s the perfect African wedding venue to be discovered in London. Our VenueCrew consultants understand the special traditions and needs of African weddings and can recommend spaces just for you. Contact our Venue Finders today .
Kimpton Fitzroy London1-8 Russell Square, London, WC1B 5BE 5.0
Host your wedding in a palm-filled atrium or beautifully restored ballroom at Kimpton Fitzroy's 5-star hotel on Russell Square.
- Two stunning, timeless function spaces
- Five-star hotel in a recently refurbished Grade II listed building
- Outdoor wedding photo ops at Russell Square gardens
Waldorf HiltonAldwych, London, WC2B 4DD 5.0
Marry in a romantic Edwardian ballroom aglow with warm chandelier light and grand piano accompaniment at The Waldorf Hilton.
- Stunning ballroom wedding venue in the heart of the West End
- Located just 5 minutes from Covent Garden Station
- 9 glamorous private function spaces
The Langham London1C Portland Place, London, W1B 1JA 5.0
The Langham London luxury hotel is home to a heritage-listed grand ballroom with stunning Murano glass chandeliers and a lovely courtyard garden.
- Luxury hotel wedding venue with a heritage-listed grand ballroom
- 5-star accommodation for your wedding guests
- Grade II listed Grand Ballroom with stunning Murano glass chandelier
Mandarin Oriental London66 Knightsbridge, London, SW1X 7LA 5.0
With its magnificent ceilings and 24-carat gold gilding, Mandarin Oriental's ballroom will make you feel like royalty on your wedding day.
- Luxurious five-star London hotel wedding venue
- Opulent ballroom with magnificent ceilings and 24-carat gold gilding
- A choice of banqueting rooms for wedding ceremonies
The Royal Horseguards Hotel & One Whitehall Place2 Whitehall Court, London, SW1A 2EJ 5.0
One Whitehall Place weddings at The Royal Horseguards Hotel are luxurious, memorable occasions on the banks of the River Thames.
- Grand historic venue for large or intimate weddings
- Grade II-listed building brimming with elegance and grandeur
- Four licensed ceremony rooms with original details and opulent Victorian features
One Marylebone1 Marylebone Road, London, NW1 4AQ 5.0
Set moments from Regent’s Park, One Marylebone is a beautiful former church with three flexible wedding spaces and photo opportunities at every turn.
- Beautiful former church with three flexible wedding spaces
- Blank canvas venue to suit any wedding theme
- Charming outdoor courtyard adjoining the venue
De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms61-65 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5DA 5.0
De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms is a heritage wedding venue in the West End that sets an impressive scene for a wedding that's unmatched in elegance.
- Elegant heritage wedding venue in London's West End
- Palatial building with an impressive ballroom venue
- Glamorous penthouse and rooftop terrace
116 Pall Mall116 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5ED 5.0
116 Pall Mall weddings are formal, timeless occasions, whether celebrated on a terrace overlooking gardens or beneath a 15-foot Regency chandelier.
- One of London’s most prestigious locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions
- Renowned for its opulent decor, period charm and first-class service
- Georgian venue dating back to the early 1820s with unique period features
Andaz London Liverpool Street40 Liverpool Street, London, EC2M 7QN 5.0
Hyatt's Andaz London in Shoreditch is a 5-star luxury hotel with wedding venue spaces that seamlessly blend modern style and heritage character.
- 5-star luxury landmark hotel wedding venue in the heart of Shoreditch
- Grade II ballroom featuring an original stained glass dome
- Modern luxury meets classic Victorian grandeur
The Brewery52 Chiswell Street, London, EC1Y 4SD 5.0
Modern industrial weddings are the calling card at The Brewery London, where history, beermaking and style collide.
- A transformed 18th-century beer brewing warehouse for modern industrial weddings
- Brimming with character and original period details
- A range of versatile spaces to host wedding ceremonies and receptions of all sizes
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to African Wedding Venues in London
London is an exciting place to host an African wedding. There are various wedding venues in all corners of the city with the capacity and flexibility to showcase a colourful celebration of love. Whether you’re looking to host a Nigerian wedding, a Ghanaian wedding, a Zimbabwean wedding or a Cameroonian wedding, you can count on VenueCrew to find the perfect set-up.
Some African couples desire an authentic family affair filled with ceremonial customs and fun-filled partying, including the traditional ‘money dance’. If so, VenueCrew can find you an African wedding venue with a large dancefloor area, or a dry hire wedding venue where you can bring in your favourite caterer. If that’s the case, we’d highly recommended the Royal Horticultural Halls. Its Lindley Hall accommodates up to 450 guests with a stage. To learn more about at this inspiring blank canvas, download the Royal Horticultural Halls wedding brochure.
Alternatively, you might be interested in a contemporary twist to a classic African wedding. Some couples like to introduce a fusion of cultures and prefer a modern wedding space. That way, their guests will bring the decoration in the form of national dress. Sofitel London St James is an excellent example of a sophisticated wedding suite where you can keep things understated or go all out with colourful florals and outfits. Interested in their wedding packages? Have a look at the Sofitel London St James venue profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Dry Hire Wedding Venues Permit External Caterers
Do you want more choice of wedding suppliers and a higher level of autonomy when planning your African wedding in London? Picking a dry hire venue gives you the ultimate freedom to choose a florist, caterer and decor that you like best. The Grand Connaught Rooms is a popular dry hire venue in Holborn, with well-equipped kitchens and a striking Art Deco ballroom with colour changing LEDs. It’s an unmissable stop-off on your London venue viewing tour. Have a look at the Grand Connaught Rooms brochure for more details.
East Wintergarden is another excellent events centre with a jaw-dropping glass roof and direct access to the riverside. The Main Hall has a capacity for up to 1000, so you can go to town with the decorations, dancefloor, and entertainment. It’s a magnificent modern venue where the sky’s the limit for African weddings. Download the East Wintergarden brochure to learn more.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: Hotel Wedding Venues Keep All Your Guests Under One Roof
African weddings are typically for hundreds of guests. So, a hotel wedding venue makes it easy for everyone to arrive and get ready. Hotels like the Waldorf Hilton in central London allow you to enjoy the ceremony, reception and overnight stay all in one location. Its spacious Palm Court is a breathtaking setting for ceremonies beneath an opaque ceiling. Afterwards, your reception meal will take place in the beautiful Adelphi Suite. To find out more information, head to the Waldorf Hilton venue profile.
Another dramatic hotel backdrop to your vibrant African wedding celebrations is Andaz London Liverpool Street in East London. This 5-star hotel has an original 1901 Ballroom with a domed stainless roof feature. It’s a vision of opulence and grandeur, with gleaming white marble floors. It doesn’t take much imagination to appreciate how beautiful African weddings are here. To see yourself and book in a private viewing, visit the Andaz London Liverpool Street profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Call VenueCrew For A Free Consultation
Are you looking for a unique wedding venue with the flair and functionality to host your perfect African wedding? We understand it can be challenging to find a setting that has everything you require. That’s where VenueCrew can help. We’ll listen to your needs and personal style and then deliver a bespoke list of African wedding venues in London that suit your budget and availability. All it takes is a friendly complimentary call to get the ball rolling. Talk to a VenueCrew London Venue Specialist today. .
Expert Advice from Our Leading Venue Finders Picking your ideal wedding venue can be a stressful and time-consuming process, particularly when there is so much to compare and contrast before
Are you planning a 30th birthday bash, a leaving do or a graduation celebration? There are so many different types of events and each has a distinctive vibe. But creating
Frequently Asked Questions
We partner with London’s most spectacular African wedding venues. Here’s the process:
- Write down your event requirements, preferred date, and guest count
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew London Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes and book you in to view your favourite African wedding venues
- You confirm your date, send out the invites, and start planning the finer details
There are so many brilliant African wedding venues it’s hard to pick! Our top-rated venues include the Royal Lancaster London, where up to 1050 guests can come together for a dinner dance beneath sparkling chandeliers and colour changing LEDs. The Landmark Hotel in Marylebone is another luxury hotel wedding venue with ballrooms galore. Chiswick House’s semi-permanent Burlington Pavilion is also a perfect marquee wedding destination for outdoor African weddings.