Let’s face it, we spend a large percentage of our lives in the office, and as pleasant as yours may be; when it comes to celebrating Christmas with your
Popular African Venues London
Planning an African wedding? Your African wedding in London should be a glorious display of your unique style and vibrant culture. From the grand heritage halls and listed event spaces to more modern hotel ballrooms, there’s the perfect African wedding venue to be discovered in London. Our VenueCrew consultants understand the special traditions and needs of African weddings and can recommend spaces just for you. Contact our Venue Finders today .
Waldorf HiltonAldwych, London, WC2B 4DD 5.0
Marry in a romantic Edwardian ballroom aglow with warm chandelier light and grand piano accompaniment at The Waldorf Hilton.
- Stunning ballroom wedding venue in the heart of the West End
- Located just 5 minutes from Covent Garden Station
- 9 glamorous private function spaces
Old Billingsgate London16 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6DX 5.0
Old Billingsgate's exceptional wedding venues include an arch-ceilinged vault, a grand hall, and an alfresco terrace — all gorgeous backdrops.
- Victorian Grade II listed building with three unique event spaces
- Central London city location on the River Thames
- Industrial architecture and design with exposed brickwork and arching beams
De Vere Wokefield EstateGoodboy's Lane, London, RG7 3AE 5.0
De Vere Wokefield Estate is a stunning, luxurious wedding venue nestled within 250 acres of Berkshire parkland. Two beautiful buildings + outdoor options lets you have your pick of places to say, 'I do'.
- Luxurious country estate wedding venue nestled within 250 acres of Berkshire parkland
- Immaculate neoclassical façade and opulent interiors
- A choice of suites that cater to large and intimate ceremonies and receptions
Andaz London Liverpool Street40 Liverpool Street, London, EC2M 7QN 5.0
Hyatt's Andaz London in Shoreditch is a 5-star luxury hotel with wedding venue spaces that seamlessly blend modern style and heritage character.
- 5-star luxury landmark hotel wedding venue in the heart of Shoreditch
- Grade II ballroom featuring an original stained glass dome
- Modern luxury meets classic Victorian grandeur
The Royal Horseguards Hotel & One Whitehall Place1 Whitehall Place, London, SW1A 2HE 5.0
One Whitehall Place weddings at The Royal Horseguards Hotel are luxurious, memorable occasions on the banks of the River Thames.
- Grand historic venue for large or intimate weddings
- Grade II-listed building brimming with elegance and grandeur
- Four licensed ceremony rooms with original details and opulent Victorian features
Royal Horticultural HallsElverton Street, London, SW1P 2PB 5.0
Looking for an industrial open-plan wedding venue? Lindley Hall is an Edwardian delight with vaulted glass ceilings and plentiful natural light.
- Historic wedding venue located in the heart of Westminster
- Edwardian architecture, original features, and dramatic vaulted glass ceilings
- Two large halls available for exclusive hire
Banqueting House LondonWhitehall, London, SW1A 2ER 5.0
Celebrate like royalty on your wedding day at Banqueting House London, where spectacular architecture meets with 17th-century ceiling frescoes.
- Truly spectacular venue in London with capacity for 500 guests
- Licensed for civil ceremonies in the stunning Main Hall and Undercroft
- Afternoon and evening hire available
The Brewery52 Chiswell Street, London, EC1Y 4SD 5.0
Modern industrial weddings are the calling card at The Brewery London, where history, beermaking and style collide.
- A transformed 18th-century beer brewing warehouse for modern industrial weddings
- Brimming with character and original period details
- A range of versatile spaces to host wedding ceremonies and receptions of all sizes
Sofitel London St James6 Waterloo Place, London, SW1Y 4AN 5.0
Hotel Sofitel London St James weddings reflect a timeless French-British aesthetic, matched beautifully with bespoke menus and impeccable service.
- Five-star luxury hotel with beautiful interiors and exceptional service
- Four licensed areas for wedding and civil ceremonies
- A timeless French-British aesthetic
The Langham London1C Portland Place, London, W1B 1JA 5.0
The Langham London luxury hotel is home to a heritage-listed grand ballroom with stunning Murano glass chandeliers and a lovely courtyard garden.
- Luxury hotel wedding venue with a heritage-listed grand ballroom
- 5-star accommodation for your wedding guests
- Grade II listed Grand Ballroom with stunning Murano glass chandelier
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to African Wedding Venues in London
London is an exciting place to host an African wedding. There are various wedding venues in all corners of the city with the capacity and flexibility to showcase a colourful celebration of love. Whether you’re looking to host a Nigerian wedding, a Ghanaian wedding, a Zimbabwean wedding or a Cameroonian wedding, you can count on VenueCrew to find the perfect set-up.
Some African couples desire an authentic family affair filled with ceremonial customs and fun-filled partying, including the traditional ‘money dance’. If so, VenueCrew can find you an African wedding venue with a large dancefloor area, or a dry hire wedding venue where you can bring in your favourite caterer. If that’s the case, we’d highly recommended the Royal Horticultural Halls. Its Lindley Hall accommodates up to 450 guests with a stage. To learn more about at this inspiring blank canvas, download the Royal Horticultural Halls wedding brochure.
Alternatively, you might be interested in a contemporary twist to a classic African wedding. Some couples like to introduce a fusion of cultures and prefer a modern wedding space. That way, their guests will bring the decoration in the form of national dress. Sofitel London St James is an excellent example of a sophisticated wedding suite where you can keep things understated or go all out with colourful florals and outfits. Interested in their wedding packages? Have a look at the Sofitel London St James venue profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Dry Hire Wedding Venues Permit External Caterers
Do you want more choice of wedding suppliers and a higher level of autonomy when planning your African wedding in London? Picking a dry hire venue gives you the ultimate freedom to choose a florist, caterer and decor that you like best. The Grand Connaught Rooms is a popular dry hire venue in Holborn, with well-equipped kitchens and a striking Art Deco ballroom with colour changing LEDs. It’s an unmissable stop-off on your London venue viewing tour. Have a look at the Grand Connaught Rooms brochure for more details.
East Wintergarden is another excellent events centre with a jaw-dropping glass roof and direct access to the riverside. The Main Hall has a capacity for up to 1000, so you can go to town with the decorations, dancefloor, and entertainment. It’s a magnificent modern venue where the sky’s the limit for African weddings. Download the East Wintergarden brochure to learn more.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: Hotel Wedding Venues Keep All Your Guests Under One Roof
African weddings are typically for hundreds of guests. So, a hotel wedding venue makes it easy for everyone to arrive and get ready. Hotels like the Waldorf Hilton in central London allow you to enjoy the ceremony, reception and overnight stay all in one location. Its spacious Palm Court is a breathtaking setting for ceremonies beneath an opaque ceiling. Afterwards, your reception meal will take place in the beautiful Adelphi Suite. To find out more information, head to the Waldorf Hilton venue profile.
Another dramatic hotel backdrop to your vibrant African wedding celebrations is Andaz London Liverpool Street in East London. This 5-star hotel has an original 1901 Ballroom with a domed stainless roof feature. It’s a vision of opulence and grandeur, with gleaming white marble floors. It doesn’t take much imagination to appreciate how beautiful African weddings are here. To see yourself and book in a private viewing, visit the Andaz London Liverpool Street profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Call VenueCrew For A Free Consultation
Are you looking for a unique wedding venue with the flair and functionality to host your perfect African wedding? We understand it can be challenging to find a setting that has everything you require. That’s where VenueCrew can help. We’ll listen to your needs and personal style and then deliver a bespoke list of African wedding venues in London that suit your budget and availability. All it takes is a friendly complimentary call to get the ball rolling. Talk to a VenueCrew London Venue Specialist today. .
If you’re looking for a unique wedding venue that will take your guests’ breath away, you can’t go past these 7 stunning Brisbane countryside wedding venues. These country wedding venues
The city of Sydney is an exciting and unique location, complete with unmistakable landmarks like the Opera House and even world-famous coastal areas like Bondi Beach. Hidden beneath these
Frequently Asked Questions
We partner with London’s most spectacular African wedding venues. Here’s the process:
- Write down your event requirements, preferred date, and guest count
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew London Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes and book you in to view your favourite African wedding venues
- You confirm your date, send out the invites, and start planning the finer details
There are so many brilliant African wedding venues it’s hard to pick! Our top-rated venues include the Royal Lancaster London, where up to 1050 guests can come together for a dinner dance beneath sparkling chandeliers and colour changing LEDs. The Landmark Hotel in Marylebone is another luxury hotel wedding venue with ballrooms galore.