Let’s face it, we spend a large percentage of our lives in the office, and as pleasant as yours may be; when it comes to celebrating Christmas with your
Popular Alternative Venues London
Are you more eclectic than classic? An alternative wedding venue will set a memorable mood for your big day. From cool venues defined by quirky artworks and aesthetics to grand, gothic castles, there are actually a trove of alternative wedding venues in London if you know where to find them. But how does one begin their search? Our VenueCrew are experts at alternative wedding venues. Let them find you a match.
Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch335-337 Old Street, London, EC1V 9LL 5.0
Weddings on the open-air sky terrace at Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch promise spectacular London city views that stun during that magical sunset hour.
- Sought-after destination for romantic and glamorous weddings in London
- Expansive open-air sky terrace with spectacular London views
- Located in the artistic epicentre of Central London
Duck & Waffle110 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AY 5.0
Perched on the 40th floor of 110 Bishopsgate in London – Duck & Waffle offers couples a luxurious wedding ambience complete with unparalleled hospitality and spectacular city views.
- Luxurious wedding venue on the 40th floor of 110 Bishopsgate in London
- Breathtaking views and incomparable hospitality
- Naturally-lit venue with chic interior design
Green Room London101 Upper Ground, London, SE1 9PP 5.0
The Green Room is a stunning open-air restaurant wedding venue in Central London boasting multiple wedding spaces, flexible floorplans, and mouthwatering menus.
- Incredible South Bank location near London’s National Theatre
- Flexible floorplans with indoor and outdoor spaces
- Contemporary timber pavilion with splashes of greenery
SUSHISAMBA London Heron Tower110 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AY 5.0
Host your wedding reception in one the City’s most unique venues: SUSHISAMBA London Heron Tower, where style, creativity, glamour, inventive cuisine and some of the best views in London reign.
- Unique wedding venue on the 38th and 39th floor of London Heron Tower
- Boasting some of the best views in the City
- Striking contemporary interiors with stylish décor
RSA House8 John Adam Street, London, WC2N 6EZ 5.0
Murals adorn the Great Room's walls and a glass-domed ceiling brightens the space at RSA House, an elegant West End townhouse with a rich history.
- Elegant West End townhouse wedding venue
- Beautiful 18th-century Georgian townhouse designed by architect Robert Adam
- Great Room with a glass-domed ceiling and striking mural
Natural History MuseumCromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD 5.0
The Natural History Museum offers exclusive venue hire of their magnificent spaces for show-stopping weddings in London’s South Kensington.
- Host a spectacular event surrounded by world-class exhibits and ornate architecture
- Choose from an array of magnificent event spaces, ranging from intimate to grand
- Dedicated venue hire team with a wealth of planning experience
Butchers’ Hall London87 Bartholomew Close, London, EC1A 7EB 5.0
Discover classic elegance in the heart of the City at Butchers’ Hall London, a historic wedding venue with five stunning event spaces.
- Historic livery hall with five versatile event spaces
- Spectacular Great Hall with opulent interiors
- Impressive rooftop garden terrace overlooking Central London
The Gherkin30 Saint Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8BF 5.0
The Gherkin is an iconic London skyscraper where you can host a modern wedding with spectacular city views and an ambience that goes golden at sunset.
- Modern London wedding venue with spectacular city views
- Flexible event spaces over three floors
- Licensed for civil ceremonies
Old Billingsgate London16 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6DX 5.0
Old Billingsgate's exceptional wedding venues include an arch-ceilinged vault, a grand hall, and an alfresco terrace — all gorgeous backdrops.
- Victorian Grade II listed building with three unique event spaces
- Central London city location on the River Thames
- Industrial architecture and design with exposed brickwork and arching beams
Cave HotelsBrickfield Lane, London, ME13 9AJ 5.0
Nestled amid the picturesque Kent countryside, Cave Hotels is a luxury wedding venue near London with stunning guest suites and mouthwatering menus.
- Picturesque, tranquil location in the Kent countryside
- Stunning event spaces, including a wedding marquee and stylish restaurant
- 41 luxurious guest rooms and suites for relaxing overnight stays
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to Alternative Wedding Venues London
Are you looking for a quirky wedding venue in London that stands out from the crowd? Beyond the classical hotels and stately homes, there are various unusual spots to say ‘I Do’ in the city. From converted breweries to yachts floating on the River Thames, VenueCrew knows all the best alternative wedding venues to make your day all the more memorable.
In the City of London, The Brewery is a large alternative wedding venue with a unique history. Known as one of London’s most significant working breweries in the 18th century, the team of designers have transformed it into one of the city’s most desirable event centres. You can dance the night away surrounded by attractive exposed beams, brick walls and excellent acoustics. Have a look at The Brewery wedding brochure to explore the various wedding spaces on offer.
On the other hand, you might be looking for an enchanting small wedding venue. We’d suggest L’oscar in Holborn, a boutique hotel that you can exclusively hire or book out one of the private event spaces. The piece de resistance is The Baptist, which was the original chapel that stood in the centre of this reimagined church. The circular room spans two floors, and its ornate domed roof is perfect for colourful light projections. To see more imagery and book your private viewing, visit the L’oscar venue profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Boat Venues On The River Thames Make Magical Wedding Settings
The River Thames is a significant feature of London’s abundant landscape. The riverway makes a beautiful backdrop for wedding photos, and you can enjoy an ever-evolving scene from the windows of your chosen London wedding venue.
To the east in Greenwich, the Cutty Sark is an alternative wedding venue that will take your breath away. The preserved 19th-century tea clipper was once the fastest of its kind, and it now hangs over a vast event space that you can hire for wedding receptions. You can dance the night away beneath the gleaming copper hull, enjoy drinks on the Weather Deck, or dine in the intimate mahogany-lined Master’s Saloon. To visit yourself, visit the Cutty Sark venue profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: Skyrise and Rooftop Wedding Venues Rise Above The Rest
If you’re tired of looking around wedding venues that all feel the same, look up and take inspiration from those that soar above the London skyline. High rise buildings will give your guests an experience that they’ll never forget. It’s your chance to celebrate in a spectacular space with a bird’s eye view of the capital. For example, The Gherkin in London’s City is an iconic building on London’s horizon. Its hireable event spaces on the top three floors have panoramic views from every angle. To find out more, download the Gherkin brochure.
Other fantastic skyscraper reception venues that might not be on your radar are in the Heron building in east London. Enter the fast-moving elevator that shoots up to the 38th, 39th and 40th floors, where you can choose from the array of event spaces at SUSHISAMBA and Duck & Waffle. Both boast spectacular views of London and outstanding cuisine prepared by leading chefs. To take your pick, visit SUSHISAMBA’s profile and Duck & Waffle’s profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Call VenueCrew For A Free Consultation
With so many London wedding venues to choose from, it can be hard to find your match. If you’re looking for something specific or unusual, it’s helpful to know the London venue scene on a deeper level. Need some help? VenueCrew is here for you. Our expert team will provide you with a list of suitable alternative wedding venues after your free phone consultation. They know London’s event scene like the back of their hands, and they can point out a variety of different wedding venues that tick all of the right boxes. Call VenueCrew today.
If you’re looking for a unique wedding venue that will take your guests’ breath away, you can’t go past these 7 stunning Brisbane countryside wedding venues. These country wedding venues
The city of Sydney is an exciting and unique location, complete with unmistakable landmarks like the Opera House and even world-famous coastal areas like Bondi Beach. Hidden beneath these
Frequently Asked Questions
VenueCrew will be by your side each step of the way. Here’s how it works:
- Write down your wedding requirements, preferred date, and guest number
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew London Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes and book you in to view your top alternative wedding venues
- You confirm your date, send out the invites, and start planning the wedding details
Head to Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch for your unique wedding reception. You can party on the rooftop, play ten-pin bowling in the private lounge, and keep the kids entertained in the retro cinema. This former jailhouse is an alternative wedding venue with a cosmopolitan twist. The Century Club in Soho is another popular quirky venue with several unusual event spaces, including a New York-style loft and an urban outdoor terrace.