Popular Alternative Venues London
Are you more eclectic than classic? An alternative wedding venue will set a memorable mood for your big day. From cool venues defined by quirky artworks and aesthetics to grand, gothic castles, there are actually a trove of alternative wedding venues in London if you know where to find them. But how does one begin their search? Our VenueCrew are experts at alternative wedding venues. Let them find you a match.
41 Portland Place41 Portland Place, London, W1B 1QH 5.0
With its unrivalled Marylebone location, stunning Georgian architecture, and modern facilities, 41 Portland Place is a must-see London wedding venue.
- Unrivalled location in the heart of Marylebone
- Grade II listed Georgian townhouse with stunning original features
- Modern facilities including state-of-the-art audiovisual
Belair House5 Gallery Road, London, SE21 7AB 5.0
A traditional manor house wedding venue in West Dulwich, Belair House is surrounded by rose gardens and endless wedding photo backdrops.
- Traditional manor house wedding venue surrounded by gardens and parkland
- Fully licensed for civil wedding ceremonies in the first-floor ballroom
- Convenient location on the edge of London in peaceful Dulwich
Butchers’ Hall London87 Bartholomew Close, London, EC1A 7EB 5.0
Discover classic elegance in the heart of the City at Butchers’ Hall London, a historic wedding venue with five stunning event spaces.
- Historic livery hall with five versatile event spaces
- Spectacular Great Hall with opulent interiors
- Impressive rooftop garden terrace overlooking Central London
Century Club London61-63 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 6LQ 5.0
Whether sipping cocktails on the urban rooftop terrace or dining in the NY-style brasserie, your wedding guests will love the vibe at Century Club.
- Exclusive private members club for civil ceremonies and chic wedding receptions
- Four floors of event spaces, including a large rooftop terrace
- Exquisite interior and decor including exposed brickwork and floor-to-ceiling windows
Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch335-337 Old Street, London, EC1V 9LL 5.0
Weddings on the open-air sky terrace at Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch promise spectacular London city views that stun during that magical sunset hour.
- Sought-after destination for romantic and glamorous weddings in London
- Expansive open-air sky terrace with spectacular London views
- Located in the artistic epicentre of Central London
Cutty SarkKing William Walk, London, SE10 9HT 5.0
Rich in history, style and unique details, Cutty Sark is one of London's most striking wedding venues, right at the gateway to the Maritime Greenwich UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- One of London's most striking wedding venues
- Stunning location in the Maritime Greenwich UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Four elegant event spaces of varying sizes with two rooms licensed for civil ceremonies
Devonshire TerraceDevonshire Square, London, EC2M 4WY 5.0
At Devonshire Terrace, your wedding guests will be at ease sipping cocktails in the stylish event space or the covered courtyard.
- Located in the heart of London on Devonshire Square
- Many options for private or semi-private event spaces
- All-weather outdoor courtyard with glass rooftop
Duck & Waffle110 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AY 5.0
Perched on the 40th floor of 110 Bishopsgate in London – Duck & Waffle offers couples a luxurious wedding ambience complete with unparalleled hospitality and spectacular city views.
- Luxurious wedding venue on the 40th floor of 110 Bishopsgate in London
- Breathtaking views and incomparable hospitality
- Naturally-lit venue with chic interior design
East Wintergarden43 Bank Street, London, E14 5NX 5.0
East Wintergarden in Canary Wharf London is an exquisite wedding venue courtesy a show-stopping ambience, spectacular architecture and a specialist events team.
- Architecturally-designed venue with striking glass façade dome
- Three distinctive event spaces with varying capacities
- Spectacular views of London’s skyline and River Thames
Garden Museum5 Lambeth Palace Road, London, SE1 7LB 5.0
On the River Thames, the Garden Museum combines a spectacular garden setting with a historic medieval nave.
- Located on the banks of the River Thames
- Gorgeous, dramatic medieval nave setting & famous gardens
- In-house team of dedicated event planners
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to Alternative Wedding Venues London
Are you looking for a quirky wedding venue in London that stands out from the crowd? Beyond the classical hotels and stately homes, there are various unusual spots to say ‘I Do’ in the city. From converted breweries to yachts floating on the River Thames, VenueCrew knows all the best alternative wedding venues to make your day all the more memorable.
In the City of London, The Brewery is a large alternative wedding venue with a unique history. Known as one of London’s most significant working breweries in the 18th century, the team of designers have transformed it into one of the city’s most desirable event centres. You can dance the night away surrounded by attractive exposed beams, brick walls and excellent acoustics. Have a look at The Brewery wedding brochure to explore the various wedding spaces on offer.
On the other hand, you might be looking for an enchanting small wedding venue. We’d suggest L’oscar in Holborn, a boutique hotel that you can exclusively hire or book out one of the private event spaces. The piece de resistance is The Baptist, which was the original chapel that stood in the centre of this reimagined church. The circular room spans two floors, and its ornate domed roof is perfect for colourful light projections. To see more imagery and book your private viewing, visit the L’oscar venue profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Boat Venues On The River Thames Make Magical Wedding Settings
The River Thames is a significant feature of London’s abundant landscape. The riverway makes a beautiful backdrop for wedding photos, and you can enjoy an ever-evolving scene from the windows of your chosen London wedding venue.
To the east in Greenwich, the Cutty Sark is an alternative wedding venue that will take your breath away. The preserved 19th-century tea clipper was once the fastest of its kind, and it now hangs over a vast event space that you can hire for wedding receptions. You can dance the night away beneath the gleaming copper hull, enjoy drinks on the Weather Deck, or dine in the intimate mahogany-lined Master’s Saloon. To visit yourself, visit the Cutty Sark venue profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: Skyrise and Rooftop Wedding Venues Rise Above The Rest
If you’re tired of looking around wedding venues that all feel the same, look up and take inspiration from those that soar above the London skyline. High rise buildings will give your guests an experience that they’ll never forget. It’s your chance to celebrate in a spectacular space with a bird’s eye view of the capital. For example, The Gherkin in London’s City is an iconic building on London’s horizon. Its hireable event spaces on the top three floors have panoramic views from every angle. To find out more, download the Gherkin brochure.
Other fantastic skyscraper reception venues that might not be on your radar are in the Heron building in east London. Enter the fast-moving elevator that shoots up to the 38th, 39th and 40th floors, where you can choose from the array of event spaces at SUSHISAMBA and Duck & Waffle. Both boast spectacular views of London and outstanding cuisine prepared by leading chefs. To take your pick, visit SUSHISAMBA’s profile and Duck & Waffle’s profile.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Call VenueCrew For A Free Consultation
With so many London wedding venues to choose from, it can be hard to find your match. If you’re looking for something specific or unusual, it’s helpful to know the London venue scene on a deeper level. Need some help? VenueCrew is here for you. Our expert team will provide you with a list of suitable alternative wedding venues after your free phone consultation. They know London’s event scene like the back of their hands, and they can point out a variety of different wedding venues that tick all of the right boxes. Call VenueCrew today.
Frequently Asked Questions
VenueCrew will be by your side each step of the way. Here’s how it works:
- Write down your wedding requirements, preferred date, and guest number
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew London Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes and book you in to view your top alternative wedding venues
- You confirm your date, send out the invites, and start planning the wedding details
Head to Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch for your unique wedding reception. You can party on the rooftop, play ten-pin bowling in the private lounge, and keep the kids entertained in the retro cinema. This former jailhouse is an alternative wedding venue with a cosmopolitan twist. The Century Club in Soho is another popular quirky venue with several unusual event spaces, including a New York-style loft and an urban outdoor terrace.