Popular Affordable Venues London
With its iconic castles, mansions and world-famous hotels, London offers plenty of luxury wedding options. But there are still plenty of affordable London wedding venues to discover. Restaurants, dry hire venues, and some hotels offer price points that are reasonable, especially if you’re willing to get creative. What’s the best way to sift through the options? With the help of our VenueCrew. Contact a Venue Finder today.
41 Portland Place41 Portland Place, London, W1B 1QH 5.0
With its unrivalled Marylebone location, stunning Georgian architecture, and modern facilities, 41 Portland Place is a must-see London wedding venue.
- Unrivalled location in the heart of Marylebone
- Grade II listed Georgian townhouse with stunning original features
- Modern facilities including state-of-the-art audiovisual
Asia House63 New Cavendish Street, London, W1G 7LP 5.0
Asia House is a beautiful Grade II* listed Georgian Townhouse wedding venue in central London with plentiful natural light.
- Magnificent backdrops for your wedding photography & videography
- Central London location close to Oxford Circus, Bond Street, Great Portland Street, and Regent’s Park stations
- Dedicated wedding coordinator to create bespoke package
Balfour St Barts66 West Smithfield, London, EC1A 9DY 5.0
Located in the heart of London, Balfour St Barts is an all-day pub that doubles as a wedding reception venue with urban charm and industrial style.
- Unique London wedding reception venue with urban charm and industrial style
- Indoor and outdoor event spaces to choose from
- Located in the heart of the city overlooking St Paul’s Cathedral
Belair House5 Gallery Road, London, SE21 7AB 5.0
A traditional manor house wedding venue in West Dulwich, Belair House is surrounded by rose gardens and endless wedding photo backdrops.
- Traditional manor house wedding venue surrounded by gardens and parkland
- Fully licensed for civil wedding ceremonies in the first-floor ballroom
- Convenient location on the edge of London in peaceful Dulwich
Century Club London61-63 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 6LQ 5.0
Whether sipping cocktails on the urban rooftop terrace or dining in the NY-style brasserie, your wedding guests will love the vibe at Century Club.
- Exclusive private members club for civil ceremonies and chic wedding receptions
- Four floors of event spaces, including a large rooftop terrace
- Exquisite interior and decor including exposed brickwork and floor-to-ceiling windows
Devonshire TerraceDevonshire Square, London, EC2M 4WY 5.0
At Devonshire Terrace, your wedding guests will be at ease sipping cocktails in the stylish event space or the covered courtyard.
- Located in the heart of London on Devonshire Square
- Many options for private or semi-private event spaces
- All-weather outdoor courtyard with glass rooftop
East Wintergarden43 Bank Street, London, E14 5NX 5.0
East Wintergarden in Canary Wharf London is an exquisite wedding venue courtesy a show-stopping ambience, spectacular architecture and a specialist events team.
- Architecturally-designed venue with striking glass façade dome
- Three distinctive event spaces with varying capacities
- Spectacular views of London’s skyline and River Thames
Green Room London101 Upper Ground, London, SE1 9PP 5.0
The Green Room is a stunning open-air restaurant wedding venue in Central London boasting multiple wedding spaces, flexible floorplans, and mouthwatering menus.
- Incredible South Bank location near London’s National Theatre
- Flexible floorplans with indoor and outdoor spaces
- Contemporary timber pavilion with splashes of greenery
Greenwich Yacht Club1 Peartree Way, London, SE10 0BW 5.0
Greenwich Yacht Club is an elegant waterfront wedding venue on London's River Thames, offering stunning panoramic river views and stylish, light-filled event spaces.
- Picturesque waterfront venue offering spectacular views of the River Thames
- Choice of two light and spacious function rooms
- The Yacht Club’s Main Hall is licensed to host ceremonies
Hackney Coffee Company503 Hackney Road, London 5.0
Hackney Coffee Company is a stunning industrial-style wedding venue in East London with exposed brick walls and double-height ceilings.
- Trendy industrial event space housed within a former brewery in East London
- Rustic interiors with exposed brick walls and double-height ceilings
- Perfect for hosting intimate events of up to 100 guests
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to London Affordable Wedding Venues
Venues are notoriously the most costly portion of your wedding budget. They do, after all, form the main backdrop to your wedding day. However, you don’t have to sacrifice your dream venue to keep costs down, as we know lots of tips and tricks that instantly lower the prices.
For example, you could opt for a London wedding venue with a minimum spend arrangement, which means that all of your money goes towards food and drink, rather than the venue hire. This arrangement tends to occur at bars and restaurants like The Kitty Hawk or Humble Grape Fleet Street, where the minimum spend could be under £10,000.
There are also some surprisingly great package deals at our most popular London venues. Don’t be afraid to investigate, as places like the luxurious Hurlingham Club in Fulham have starting packages from £100 per head, and the 5-star Andaz London Liverpool Street costs £99 per head. Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch can also host weddings for as low as £75 per guest.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Choose Your Vibe
If you’d prefer a relaxed and informal wedding day, then this will already start to make things more affordable. Rather than opting for an expensive hotel venue or a historic palace, you could choose a pub, restaurant, or a lesser-known London venue and still have an amazing time.
For instance, couples always rave about their St Bart’s Brewery pub weddings in Farringdon, where the standing packages include hearty bowl food, a pop-up drinks station and a DJ for £85 per person. 10-11 Carlton House is another hidden gem in St James’s with ten different heritage event spaces. Their affordable Carlton Wedding package costs £97 per head. Contact our VenueCrew London Venue Specialists to discover all the best deals in the city.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: Be Flexible On The Date
Choosing off-peak dates and mid-week days brings the prices down significantly. Sometimes, London venues also offer last-minute booking deals or seasonal offers that are too good to miss out on! Luckily, VenueCrew keeps up to date with all the discounts available and our London Venue Specialists can share affordable venues that might be off your radar.
Let’s take Belair House, a beautiful Georgian manor house in Dulwich, as an example. If you book a Sunday, the minimum spend is just £7000 for the exclusive hire. Queen’s House is another sought after mansion house in Greenwich, that can be booked for under £4000 during off-peak months. As you can see, there are fantastic offers if you plan outside of the peak wedding season.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Don’t Be Afraid to DIY
Often, the most memorable aspects of your wedding day are the personal touches that make it your own. As they say, it’s the little details that count! So, if you’re opting for a more affordable blank canvas venue, be prepared to bring your preferred decorations that suit your theme.
A lot of brides and grooms enjoy adding a traditional vintage touch as ‘something old’ on their wedding day. It’s great to look on Pinterest for inspiration, upcycle old things or get crafty with homegrown flowers or handwritten table settings. Also, don’t be afraid to ask your friends for DIY help, as they’ll be excited to play a part in planning your big day.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 4: Consider Dry Hire
Rather than a pricey wedding venue where all the food, drink and decorations are included, you could opt for a dry hire venue to save on costs. This is the basic venue hire without all the frills, so you have more flexibility to choose suppliers and caterers that suit your budget.
Some of our most popular dry hire venues include The Brewery, and its huge capacity gives it a great value at £12,000. 116 Pall Mall is another large dry hire wedding venue with a variety of elegantly appointed event spaces for £9,000. Our London Venue Specialists know their stuff when it comes to dry hire, so they’d be delighted to chat you through the options available.
Venue Specialist Tip No.5: Consider alternative rooms within your ideal venue
Do you have your eye on a particular venue but worry it could be too expensive? Fear not, as some places have alternative rooms that could work within your price range. For example, the world-renowned Kew Gardens has an enchanting house called Cambridge Cottage on-site that can be hired for £3,500, or the magnificent Grand Connaught Rooms have a collection of smaller dry hire event spaces that are under £5,000 on weekdays and off-peak dates.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 6: Contact VenueCrew For A Free Consultation
Looking for a wedding venue but finding all the prices overwhelming? Our VenueCrew London Venue Specialists will be able to find you a suitable option that ticks all of the right boxes without it costing a fortune. From affordable wedding venue advice to special seasonal offers, our team will be able to share all the knowhow in your free consultation calls.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most affordable London wedding venues tend to start at around £10,000, whether that’s a minimum spend format, a flat dry hire price, or a £100 per head package for up to 100 guests. If you follow our Venue Specialist Tips above, you might be able to secure the deal of the decade!
We make it simple with just a few steps. Here’s how it works:
- Select a range of venue styles and set your ideal budget, date and guest number
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew London Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes for the venues that match all of your requirements
- Secure your affordable venue and save your funds for all the fun details
There are plenty of reasonably priced wedding venues in London when you start to contrast and compare. VenueCrew can sift through hundreds of venues to find you the perfect selection very quickly. Some of our best London affordable venues include The Dickens Inn, Sofitel London St James, as well as South Place Hotel and Devonshire Terrace during off-peak dates.