Let’s face it, we spend a large percentage of our lives in the office, and as pleasant as yours may be; when it comes to celebrating Christmas with your
Popular Intimate Venues London
When it comes to wedding venues in London, bigger doesn’t always mean better. London has some of the most quaint and interesting small and intimate wedding venues to choose from. From private dining rooms in 5-star hotels to charming cafes, there is an intimate wedding venue in London waiting to be discovered. Ask our VenueCrew to show you where .
113 Chancery Lane113 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1PL 5.0
113 Chancery Lane is a Grade II* listed building in the heart of London, with stunning decor for the perfect backdrop to an elegant wedding.
- Exquisitely decorated with stained glass windows and original candle chandeliers
- Exclusive use of the grade II listed Georgian building for your wedding day
- Outstanding catering provided by CH&CO Venues
Green Room London101 Upper Ground, London, SE1 9PP 5.0
The Green Room is a stunning open-air restaurant wedding venue in Central London boasting multiple wedding spaces, flexible floorplans, and mouthwatering menus.
- Incredible South Bank location near London’s National Theatre
- Flexible floorplans with indoor and outdoor spaces
- Contemporary timber pavilion with splashes of greenery
The Bentley Hotel27-33 Harrington Gardens, London, SW7 4JX 5.0
Marry in quintessential luxury. Featuring five romantic event spaces and an expert team, weddings at The Bentley Hotel London are genuinely magical.
- Luxury hotel wedding venue with five unique event spaces
- Historic grandeur meets modern romance
- Awe-inspiring chandeliers and a grand sweeping staircase
Gray’s Inn London8 South Square, London, WC1R 5ET 5.0
Gray’s Inn is an elegant historic wedding venue in Central London, with a lavish grand hall and picturesque private gardens for marquee weddings.
- Six stunning event spaces steeped in history
- Beautiful private gardens for cocktail parties and marquee weddings
- Convenient Central London location next to Chancery Lane Station
The Wallace CollectionManchester Square, London, W1U 3BN 5.0
Embrace history, art, and architecture at The Wallace Collection, a magnificent museum and elegant wedding venue in Central London.
- Spectacular events take place amidst exclusive art galleries
- A range of stunning event spaces, including the Courtyard and Drawing Room Suite
- Original 18th-century architecture and opulent interiors
Waldorf HiltonAldwych, London, WC2B 4DD 5.0
Marry in a romantic Edwardian ballroom aglow with warm chandelier light and grand piano accompaniment at The Waldorf Hilton.
- Stunning ballroom wedding venue in the heart of the West End
- Located just 5 minutes from Covent Garden Station
- 9 glamorous private function spaces
The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel35 Charles Street, London, W1J 5EB 5.0
The Chesterfield Mayfair is a luxury hotel wedding venue in London, with elegantly appointed suites, exquisite British menus, and opulent private rooms.
- Luxurious townhouse hotel brimming with old-world elegance
- Unrivalled location in the heart of London’s exclusive Mayfair
- Impeccable service from the hotel’s experienced events team
Natural History MuseumCromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD 5.0
The Natural History Museum offers exclusive venue hire of their magnificent spaces for show-stopping weddings in London’s South Kensington.
- Host a spectacular event surrounded by world-class exhibits and ornate architecture
- Choose from an array of magnificent event spaces, ranging from intimate to grand
- Dedicated venue hire team with a wealth of planning experience
Butchers’ Hall London87 Bartholomew Close, London, EC1A 7EB 5.0
Discover classic elegance in the heart of the City at Butchers’ Hall London, a historic wedding venue with five stunning event spaces.
- Historic livery hall with five versatile event spaces
- Spectacular Great Hall with opulent interiors
- Impressive rooftop garden terrace overlooking Central London
No.11 Cavendish Square11 Cavendish Square, London, W1G 0AN 5.0
Timeless No. 11 Cavendish Square weddings take place across a glass-roof orangery, garden courtyard and the intimate rooms of the Georgian townhouse.
- Beautiful Grade II listed Georgian townhouse
- A choice of twenty versatile event spaces spread across four floors
- Unique glass-ceiling orangery and garden courtyard providing an oasis in the city
Related popular event spaces
Our Guide to London Small Wedding Venues
London has a plethora of stunning small wedding venues, from exclusive banqueting rooms in luxury hotels to private suites in towering skyscrapers. No matter how intimate the occasion, there is a venue to suit every engaged couple and their guest list size.
For food and wine connoisseurs, a restaurant-style venue could be on the cards. South Place Hotel presents a variety of private dining rooms for up to 20 guests, that are catered by the talented in-house chef. The Peel, Kuryakin and Solo rooms are named after famous superhero characters and feature sleek parquet floors and artistic themed decor.
Alternatively, you might be looking for a traditional wedding venue with plenty of period details. 10-11 Carlton House is a Georgian London townhouse with a range of lovely small function rooms, including a Library and a Music Room. 30 to 50 guests can wine and dine beneath the high ceilings and classical chandeliers. You can count on VenueCrew to find you the perfect fit.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 1: Large Venues Often Have Smaller Options
It’s easy to skim past a lot of potential options when you’re not considering the small rooms within larger venues. We’ve come across a lot of gorgeous intimate event spaces at 5-star hotels that are a lot more reasonable than you think.
For example, The Landmark in Marylebone has an extraordinary Tower Suite looking down on the hotel’s striking glass atrium. Complete with its own cloakroom, reception room and dining area, it’s a phenomenal wedding destination for up to 36 guests. Following the bird’s eye view theme, there are also five private rooms on the 40th floor of The Gherkin. Named after cloud types, the Alto, Cirrus, Stratus, Cumulus and Nimbus suites can host up to 20 seated guests.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 2: There Are Ways To Make A Large Space Feel Intimate
If your heart is set on a venue but you worry it might be too large for your guest list, there are lots of ways to keep up the atmosphere. You could go all out with large floral arches, photo backdrops, live cooking stations, or even stages for live performances.
We love the Palm Court at The Kimpton Fitzroy for small wedding events. The large palm trees, scattered lounge furniture and marble drinks bar breaks up the room into different zones. Even if you hired a cosy corner or one of its open terraces, the setting feels intimate and beautiful.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 3: Host Your Ceremony and Reception In The Same Venue
If you’re not planning on marrying in a church or a Register Office, there are lots of London wedding venues where you can exchange your vows and dine in the same space, or there are plenty of venues with multiple small rooms to use over the course of the day.
Positioned on the Thames in the borough of Westminster, One Whitehall Place at The Royal Horseguards Hotel has two regal rooms called The River Room and the Meston Suite. Equal in size and located opposite one another, they work perfectly for a small ceremony and reception. Belair House in Dulwich is another popular choice for intimate weddings, where the upstairs bar can be used as a drinks reception space whilst the ballroom is turned over for dinner.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 4: Small Weddings Can Be Extra Special
If you want your guests to have the ultimate experience, inviting fewer people can give you the option to spend more per head. Hosting fewer guests means you can focus on the intricate details that make events so immersive. They’ll have vivid memories of the day in years to come.
For an indulgent yet intimate wedding celebration, L’oscar in Holborn is a glamorous venue inspired by London’s theatreland. In the Committee Room, couples can exchange their vows by the fireplace, then dine with up to 26 guests surrounded by hand-painted peacocks. The Wakefield Tower at The Tower of London and the Astor Room at The In & Out are other flamboyant event spaces where up to 30 guests can enjoy a candlelit dinner in a historic setting.
Venue Specialist Tip No. 5: Call VenueCrew For A Free Consultation
Finding a small wedding venue in the right location that suits your style can be a tricky and time-consuming process. Imagine having a friendly face to turn to, who can whittle through all your options in a matter of minutes? That’s what our VenueCrew London Venue Specialists are best at. They are on hand to help you streamline the process and take away all the pressure.
If you’re looking for a unique wedding venue that will take your guests’ breath away, you can’t go past these 7 stunning Brisbane countryside wedding venues. These country wedding venues
The city of Sydney is an exciting and unique location, complete with unmistakable landmarks like the Opera House and even world-famous coastal areas like Bondi Beach. Hidden beneath these
Frequently Asked Questions
A lot of London wedding venues package up their catering and venue costs within an easy price per head. As an industry-standard, these can range between £100 and £200, depending on the style of venue. Alternatively, if you’d like to opt for dry hire or if the package does not include venue hire, small wedding venues are more affordable and can vary by the day of the week and season of the year.
We cut out the stress of the search. Here’s how it works:
- Pick out your preferred venue style, ideal dates and guest number
- Book a free consultation with a VenueCrew London Venue Specialist
- We’ll send you quotes for the small wedding venues that suit you best
- Secure your small wedding venue and the countdown begins!